PDA

View Full Version : Bikesafe

bigredduke
28-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Any members been on one of these workshops/ride assessments?
Are they any good?

http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/

nik_the_brief
28-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Yep,

Runningman organised an almost excvlusively Monster one at The Ace last year (possibly the year before I can't remember) and it was very informative.

The plod who ran the course were a very friendly and pro-bike bunch of guys and were very happy to turn a blind eye to undersized plates and slightly fruity exhausts.

It's very strange to be followed around by a copper in full regalia who then pulls you over and advises you to give it a bit more welly. Even stranger was that he wasn't on a Pan Euro but had a Bikesafe Buell instead.

It's certainly not intended as an option to advanced rider training but it's bloody good value for money and they give you a nice wee goody bag with odds and sods as well as lunch thrown in.

I'd highly recommend it.

CK & AK
28-02-2006, 01:01 PM
yep, me too.

We organised a Surrey DSC one, with Guildford & Dorkings finest.
Great day for the 20 of us that did it - including the education (for some) on the 1st aid session at the end.

No probs with zausts, bikes had to be tyres/lights/plates street legal tho:)

C

Melnie Mouse
28-02-2006, 01:26 PM
yes definately worth doing

Pugi
28-02-2006, 01:41 PM
I've been thinking about doing this. Been told it's very cheap too. Fancy organising a group for this year as well?

fatbloke
28-02-2006, 01:43 PM
I did one at the Ace Cafe well worth going
PC Plod are extreamly helpfull

abbeyalto
01-03-2006, 01:16 AM
I'm up for this too! The Ace would be fine for me, snand;f myt foenhaiust s are fine...... I'll try that again... my exhuasts are legal, as are my tyres; I even like policemen.

Let's do a group thing!

Benj.

Pugi
01-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Brilliant. I think tommo mentioned wanting to go too. All we need know is someone to organise us. Instead of pointing the finger I may well do this unless we need to book now, since I'll be AWOL from this Tuesday until 31st of March.