PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake light - help/advice......

Headhunter
28-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Unfortunately, my rear brake light decided to go on strike this morning which would have explained the occasional beep from other motorists!

Checked the junction socket just above and to the right of the brake and there was quite a bit of moisture inside which may explain why it isn't working? Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem? Front brake is fine. :banghead:

Also, would this be covered by the 2 year warranty? :confused:

Thanks everyone.

sjr999r
28-02-2006, 08:41 AM
if i dont go near my rear light about twice a week.............god must be doing it for me.....it is a contant problem with monsters...and to be honest a totaly **** poor effort on the italians part........so much crap gets in there.....its a wonder it works at all.:thumbsdown:

Headhunter
28-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Have a feeling it's going to be something of a long relationship then.

mattjhall2003
01-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Unfortunately, my rear brake light decided to go on strike this morning which would have explained the occasional beep from other motorists!

Checked the junction socket just above and to the right of the brake and there was quite a bit of moisture inside which may explain why it isn't working? Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem? Front brake is fine. :banghead:

Also, would this be covered by the 2 year warranty? :confused:

Thanks everyone.

I have owned two monsters and both of them had dodgy rear brake lights. The first one (620s) needed the connectors in front of the tank and behind the forks, cleaning and a good dose of GT85 to keep it working. They are easy to spot if you look from the right hand side with the forks turned away from you. There are two of them side by side, on their own.

The second one (S2R) seems to get stuck on if the bike is left standing for any length of time. So I don't let it stand!!! :twak:

Hope this is helpful, Matt :spin:

Yorkie
01-03-2006, 06:32 PM
I used to have shed loads of problems with mine then ..... i went and got one of those LED ones that Scotty is selling!!!

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=15513&highlight=LED

Well worth it!!!

Yorkie.

Phoenix
01-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Have constant probs with mine also when it is on the bike.
The other bike has a front one which is being difficult to trace too. :confused: