PDA

View Full Version : Piccy so far 900M

sjr999r
27-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Please click the link for piccy,ty :ukm:

http://photobucket.com/albums/c92/16v-cuprasport/?action=view&current=27022006.jpg

Pugi
27-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Getting there I see. Not bad at all. Apparantly you opted to keep the tank, good choice IMO.

Paranoid Dave
27-02-2006, 05:05 PM
looking good so far, though a little sad that there will finally be a second member of the club with that belly pan.

sjr999r
27-02-2006, 05:10 PM
yeah,kept the tank...g/f made me!!.... she said it looks good,kinda keeping it 'retro' looking..3 spoke wheels,matt black...few bits of carbon,billet and chrome.......its abit boring i know,bit limited budget:(

sjr999r
27-02-2006, 05:15 PM
looking good so far, though a little sad that there will finally be a second member of the club with that belly pan.

Well spoted PD,lol..not sure,am goner put it on.may take abit of the 'look' away from it,tho not sure...what to do!!

ricky
27-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Very nice indeed, i like the tank!

NattyBoy
27-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Thumbs up here..nice colour scheme

sjr999r
27-02-2006, 05:52 PM
cheers bud...........low level cans are louder than the hi-rise ones.....or maybe abit of a different musical note!!

Paranoid Dave
27-02-2006, 05:56 PM
it's probably the most subtle belly around which is why i like it, without it the bike looks too naked but with it you hardly notice it, it just sharpens up that corner of the bike without grabbing the attention.

As for that batt black, dab of carbon, billet etc being boring. Not at all, a flash paint job is not what makes a good monster, its all about subtle taste and the bigger picture. Looks like its gonna be a lot prettier than another project build i can think of on this site. Money has nothing to do with it.

Pedro
27-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Looks right pukka that! Nice one!

Less is more...!

Ped

sjr999r
27-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Cheers bud......few things to add to it....carbon here and there..some billet i haverent fitted yet...just wanna fire it up....hear that duke sound...:D

Pugi
27-02-2006, 07:42 PM

??? I have one of those on my bike, did you think you were the only? Surely they're not that rare?

Paranoid Dave
27-02-2006, 07:59 PM
oh yeh, i forgot the shiney one had it too, they're not that common, people prefer the plastic or carbon types. Just as well as it makes them more exclusive ;)

Pugi
27-02-2006, 08:34 PM
To set your mind at rest, I'd like to point out that mine is red, and from the pictures your's seem to be silver and sjr999's black. Hence a degree of originality remains. ;)

Bodybag
27-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Is this one of those spot the missing item moments? Have I not seen the first picture or something cos that belly pan must be so subtle that I can't see it!

That bikes gonna be a belter with or without it though!!

:thumbsup: :hail: :yoparty:

sjr999r
27-02-2006, 09:00 PM
just behide the front wheel.........u can see it........just PD spotted it 1st...lol

singletrack
27-02-2006, 09:03 PM
The bike is going to look great. I love the chrome and yellow tank.

The seat looks a bit bare. Are you going to put a seat cowl on and if so what colour?

sjr999r
27-02-2006, 09:18 PM
mmmmmmmm....good one.may leave it off...cos i kinda like it like that.....'different'...........not yellow if i get one........probarly carbon........as am goner get a carbon front fender;)

manwithredbike
27-02-2006, 10:13 PM
mmm... nice job. less = more etc. tank looks really good even tho i'm a red fan.
i really must get my tail chopped off. it's probably been discussed before but is there much of a difference with dirt, crud etc being thrown up off the rear wheel onto your back with the tail chopped??

gary tompkins
27-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Looking nice mate - really like that tank :cool:

See where your coming from on the naked seat. I often run mine less it's cover for reasons of practicality, and to allow tent etc.. to be carried on the hump. It really changes the look of the bike - a definate case of less is more?

However if you do go for a cover Road Racing do a tasty carbon/alloy one in either yellow or polished that would match the tank a treat. They are a bit pricey though and from what I hear a nightmare on delivery times.

More monster related eye candy on the Road Racing website...

http://www.roadracing.it/index_ing.htm

gary tompkins
27-02-2006, 10:34 PM
... i really must get my tail chopped off. it's probably been discussed before but is there much of a difference with dirt, crud etc being thrown up off the rear wheel onto your back with the tail chopped??

Ohh yes - it sure does...

Pedro
27-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Ohh yes - it sure does...

See? That's what you get for being a bloody heathen and chopping the tail off Gary! No bloody sympathy....

:chuckle:

stuartg
28-02-2006, 06:44 AM
Looking good Simon. Bet you cant wait to get it finished and get out on it. BTW as many members, I included know a Monster project is never finished, there will always be something to do.

PD well spotted on the meccanno belly pan, you must have eagle eyes I still cant really see it !!!

sjr999r
28-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Looking nice mate - really like that tank :cool:

See where your coming from on the naked seat. I often run mine less it's cover for reasons of practicality, and to allow tent etc.. to be carried on the hump. It really changes the look of the bike - a definate case of less is more?

However if you do go for a cover Road Racing do a tasty carbon/alloy one in either yellow or polished that would match the tank a treat. They are a bit pricey though and from what I hear a nightmare on delivery times.

More monster related eye candy on the Road Racing website...

http://www.roadracing.it/index_ing.htm

cheers for the pic GT........now wheres my credit card!!!:woot: