PDA

View Full Version : Engine casing bolts for later wet clutched monsters

klause
26-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Very easy to find bolt kits for the earlier monster clutch cases (teardrop ones), finding it impossible to source ones with the bigger clutch casing. They require very long allen bolts, I refuse to pay pro bolts £60 for a set aswel!

Help please.

pooh
26-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi
Take one of the bolts out and let me know how long it is as I might be able to help as I have a reasonable selection of M6 cap head stainless bolts kicking about, you should then be able to pick the rest up from a local fixings supplier.

Ian

norrie
26-02-2006, 05:54 PM
P.M. me and I will give you the E-Mail addrerss of someone that can supply you with an engine kit.
He only had the kit for the 900 but I have told him the extra bolts that are needed.
I can't remember how much they are but they are very cheap.
I'll give him an E-Mial myself to see if I can find out.

Norrie.

Pugi
26-02-2006, 06:38 PM
I haven't been there yet, but I've been told there's a good place just outside Guildford, on the way to Woking, that can supply you with any kind of bolt you want and don't charge more than pennies for it. I know you live nearby so why not check it out? I think it was called 'Magna Cour'? Get in touch for more accurate directions.

tommo
26-02-2006, 07:20 PM
it is called margnor fixings and i have used them for work for over 7 years, allways helpful. it is in jacobs well.:wallace:

klause
26-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I've got some dry type clutch cover ones and they mesaure 7cm they just sit level when put into the clutch cover, so probably need another 2cm's sticking out, so 9cm ones.

pooh
26-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I've got some dry type clutch cover ones and they mesaure 7cm they just sit level when put into the clutch cover, so probably need another 2cm's sticking out, so 9cm ones.

Klause
If the bolts are the same length as the ones on a 620ie I have 4 sat in front of me, if you PM me with an address I will post them out to you as long as they will fit they measure 75mm from the underside of the cap head.

Ian

klause
26-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Klause
If the bolts are the same length as the ones on a 620ie I have 4 sat in front of me, if you PM me with an address I will post them out to you as long as they will fit they measure 75mm from the underside of the cap head.

Ian

The ones I've got are 65mm from under the cap head, when I put them into the clutch cover they come level the other side. So I'm guessing another 2cm's is needed? I screwed it into the engine without the cover and 2cm's of thread happily went in.

Just ordered these... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stainless-Allen-Bolts-M6-x-90-4-Pack-FREEPOST_W0QQitemZ8009076207QQcategoryZ25644QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Used him before with a big pack of allen keys. Seem very good quailty perfect for replacing when you take out just only has 60mm long ones. Didn't realise he did one size packs.

Thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

tommo
26-02-2006, 09:52 PM
if youd have got them from margnor they would have cost 80p.:eyepopping:
i'll get you there no. tommorow.

pooh
26-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Klause
The engine casings must be different on the 620 then cos 75mm is the right length for it, never mind I will chuck them back in the cupboard for another day.

Ian

klause
26-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Klause
The engine casings must be different on the 620 then cos 75mm is the right length for it, never mind I will chuck them back in the cupboard for another day.

Ian

MMM, Well if they don't fit I know who to PM:) .

Anyway they worked out to be 70p each so cheap anyway.

tommo
27-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Anyway they worked out to be 70p each so cheap

here is margnor fixings no.01483 536800
or
www.margnor.co.uk

70p is takin the **** me thinks, as i was told 16p each for my bike.
hope this helps.