PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new to Monsters & is this a record?

Ozcat
26-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Hello, I'm new to Monster having recently swaped my 748 for one.
So I have now been the proud of a Monster for over three weeks, but due to one thing another (the weather, the wife etc) I am still to ride it. Is this a record or as ther been someone sader.

dazzi-b
26-02-2006, 02:19 PM
So I have now been the proud of a Monster for over three weeks, but due to one thing another (the weather, the wife etc) I am still to ride it. Is this a record or as ther been someone sader.

Welcome to UKMOC :)

Im not sure if it's a record but I'm sure somebody will come along with some facts and figures :D

Yorkie
26-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Welcome!!

Get out!! (When the weather is better)

Yorkie.

Tigerlily
26-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi Ozcat welcome to the club :)

Had it 3 weeks and not ridden it yet? Good grief, you must be getting desperate by now! Roll on warmer weather and spare time :mand:

Hope you enjoy the club and your bike!

PS.... Start saving for all the nice little accessories!

dam
26-02-2006, 03:35 PM

No, a record is a small round vinyl black thing!:dunce:

P.S. Welcome

Paranoid Dave
26-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Howdy, i'm sure there has been more than one member on here in the past (maybe currently) who bought the bike before passing the test, and stared at it for months before they could legally ride it.

Nonnie
26-02-2006, 04:45 PM
I didn't ride mine for ooooh 24 hours which seemed like forever but I had a party to sort that night and well, priorities!

At least tell us you have sat on it and revved it some.

SazzaG
26-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Welcome!

I had mine for about 5 weeks before passing my test. Only rode it once in that time on an airfield.

Saz

ricky
26-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Ive had mine since before December and still havnt being out for a 'proper' ride yet!! I took it out for a 10 mile spin but got told off in here since i havnt my bike test yet so havnt bin out since!!! Test next week though so fingers crossed!!!

Elmo
26-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Howdy Ozcat keep an eye out for events that our local rep will be organising this year a a a Mr Banshee (staffs rep) :scratch:

Mand
26-02-2006, 06:02 PM
I got mine in the June and couldn't legally ride until the end of the August. I thought I was going to go mad with frustration. :banghead:

Pugi
26-02-2006, 06:41 PM

Somehow eonan comes to mind. The delivery company dropped the poor man's bike and it was repainted etc. for weeks. I'm sure you'll love it when you do get to ride it though...welcome!

nik_the_brief
26-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Possibly a record although I recall that Banshee bought his but then didn't fess up to the missus that he had bought it for what semed like several months!

MilesB
28-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Howdy, i'm sure there has been more than one member on here in the past (maybe currently) who bought the bike before passing the test, and stared at it for months before they could legally ride it.
That would be SammyE, who couldn't even ride a bike on L plates (no CBT) when he bought his...:banghead: A biking friend rode it for him on the test ride, and to get it home. I seem to think it was several months between purchase (and joining UKMOC) and actually being able to ride it :cry: .

No, a record is a small round vinyl black thing!
I don't think LPs are small - they take up a lot of room in my place:mand:

Welcome anyway.

Miles

MrsJel
28-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Welcome

It won't be long til you get out there - honest. Had my monster delivered while my right arm was in plaster. Spent the next 4 (what seemed like perfectly sunny) weeks keep going in the garage sitting on the bike, starting it up and revving its little bits off, eventually worked up to wheeling it out and riding it. Was definitely worth the wait.

Have also had new bike for 3 weeks, done a few miles (even in the rain which was a bit stupid I know, but it was dry when I left home).

Enjoy your monster.

Carole

abbeyalto
01-03-2006, 12:59 AM
I took my new Monster home towards Herefordshire from Aylesbury (through the Cotswolds - yum!). When I got home, I saw the entrance to my folks' place and I kept on going, hardly putting a foot down until Aberystwyth! My arce was like a lump of lead by this stage, and I had discovered muscles at the backs of my knees that I know for a FACT weren't there before.

Sounds nasty.

Wasn't.

Benjy.