PDA

View Full Version : Hello people

Jes
23-02-2006, 09:20 PM
New to Ducati but I bought my first bike when Lazarus was a kid.

I've just traded down(?) from a TRX850 to a shiny little M620. It hasn't got the top end pull of course, but it doesn't seem much slower until 90 or so.

And I finally understand what all the fuss is about. It goes round corners like nothing I've ever ridden. It's just so much fun!

The only downer is that two weeks after getting it, a moron managed to knock it over when parked, so it's currently having the tank straightened out, new bars, pegs and a paint job at Dream Machine. It will look a little trickier when it's back on the road in a week or two.

Does UKMOC have a social scene? Box Hill or the Ace? Or the place in Epping Forest that I haven't been to in 20 years? My bike has been a bit too much of a means of transport in the last couple of years. It's about time I used it to play more.

Cheers

Jes

Kev Bunney
23-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Welcome aboard Jes, The UKMOC has a very active social scene, look out for runs, weekend events, track day`s etc there`s alway`s something going on, check out the events pages and I`m sure your regional rep will soon be saying hello too :ukm:

Tigerlily
23-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi Jes welcome to the club :mand:

You mentioned a couple of "southern" meeting places, how do you feel about putting a few miles on the bike and venturing north? There's a little something going on near Leeds in June if you fancy joining us! Here's a link http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=15935

Enjoy the Monnie and enjoy the club!

:tiger:

stuartg
23-02-2006, 10:17 PM
I've just traded down(?) from a TRX850 to a shiny little M620.

You cant trade down from a TRX to a Monster. As I'm sure you are starting to realise its definately a trade up.

I know there are some other members from London going to the MAD weekend in Leeds as per Tigerlily's post. There are also a lot of local meets around the home counties during the riding season if you dont mind the run out.
Just keep checking the forum and you will soon discover there is plenty going on.

Welcome to the club Jes, enjoy.

Pugi
23-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi Jes and welcome!
I'm sure it will look well trick when you've added all the parts I'm sure you'll invest in soon enough. We all do it...

dazzi-b
24-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Hi, welcome to the club.

You'll have to post some pictures of the new paint job when it's finished, it's always nice to see what others do to their Monsters :spin:

CK & AK
24-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Welcome aboard Jes:)

Keep your eye open on the 'events' section for anything that is happening.

A big date for your diary could be the Mini-Mega meet at Box Hill on Easter Sunday from 10 - 12 (obviously weather permitting:rolleyes: ) with a short rideout leaving at midday to a pub close to the A3 in Ockham.
This is open to any marque of Ducati - from Monsters to sportsbikes, and is a joint annual event for the UKMOC & DSC, being the 3rd year it is going ahead.

Come along & say 'hi' if you can

C:)

slob
24-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Box Hill or the Ace? Or the place in Epping Forest
All of the above from time to time. Quite regularly on Italian night at the Ace
(2nd Thurs) A few of us were meeting at Bar Italia beforehand and heading up together, last year.

oh, and welcome to the asylum

MilesB
24-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Hi Jes

Box Hill or Epping Forest - that must put you pretty Central?, and therefore maybe within range of Kent... we have quite a good social scene too.

See you about sometime.

Miles

Jes
24-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Thank you for the many replies. Easter I'm supposed to be away being family friendly, but it's slightly not confirmed. We'll see.

Bar Italia for the Ace sounds simple though. What sort of time?

And runs down into Kent are simple too. Whereabouts and when?

I'm sure I'll meet some of you soon.

Jes

nik_the_brief
24-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi Jes, welcome.

Kenties meet at the Oakdene Cafe (off the M26) first Sunday of the month about 10ish for brekkie.

I keep meaning to get round to it but othger things seem to crop up with spectacular regularity - family life ho hum - I can appreciate that moral dilemma.

If you're lucky you may spot the lesser spotted sammyE.

Mand
24-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Helloooooo Jes,

From Mand in Snowy Leicestershire

SazzaG
24-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi Jes,

The Sussexites are coming to Box Hill to meet the Surreyites on Sunday 12th March. Keep an eye out on the events threads for meet times & places - fingers crossed for the weather!

Saz

MilesB
24-02-2006, 12:49 PM
And runs down into Kent are simple too. Whereabouts and when?
I'm sure I'll meet some of you soon.
Jes
Jes

Try here...
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/forumdisplay.php?f=28

To make life easier you could meet up with Bob, Gully or Gary Tompkins who all come from the bit of Kent 'within' the M25.

Miles

gary tompkins
24-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Oooh look another London member :thumbsup: Welcome to the club Jes - I look forward to meeting you on one of our Kent gatherings :D

Yorkie
25-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Welcome to the UKMOC!

Yorkie.