PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

Raymundo999r
21-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Ray from Whalley near Clitheroe Lancashire. i own a 999 and it's going to cost me my licence, or my life, so probably move over to the S4Rs so i thought i'd give you lot a look in.

Nonnie
21-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Hello!

My other half just sold his 999s and is the expectant father of a new S4RS.

Welcome and all. What colour do you favour for the new one?

Yorkie
21-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the fold!!

Yorkie.

Paranoid Dave
21-02-2006, 09:21 PM
What colour do you favour for the new one?

don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red.......

C'mon lets all chant together.

Hello by the way, I'm not against red, i just prefer black ;)

Raymundo999r
21-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Sorry,

whats wrong with red?

Thank you for the welcome Nonnie and Yorkie.

Raymundo999r
21-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Sorry, i forgot to add that i've only had the 999 since last november, so i'm rather new to biking.

Pugi
21-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Welcome to the site. November, eh? That's one hell of a first bike you got yourself...

Raymundo999r
21-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Yes i suppose i was a little bit hasty in my choice. My instructor recommended a 500 or 600 cc thing but the 999 is just so well designed i couldnt resist. Seem he may have been correct all along.

rxtim
22-02-2006, 07:39 AM
Welcome.

I can't think how the S4Rs will be any better at saving your license though! Buit coolio bike, my girlfriend wants one because they come in white!

When I had my Busa I took my mates S4R out - blimey, much more hooligan bike for lunatic antics. Bear in mind this was 30 minutes after I had taken the Busa at over 190 up an airstrip!

Now happy with my 916 and 600 Monster! In RED

But have to say I like the 749/999 in black.

Nonnie
22-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Wow! You got a 999 for your first bike? Wow.

That's unreal. It is some bike yes. My other half is having the red S4RS with the white stripe. I soooo wanted the white with the red stripe but I didn't like the white wheels. Wait til it's in the dealers and then go test ride it.

Mand
22-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Hello and Welcome to the UKMOC.

Redruth
22-02-2006, 09:49 AM
I've been a Ducati Sporting Club member for nearly 2 years. After much dithering, I bought a Monster 620Sie as my 2nd, run around bike. I'm now thinking of touring on something more comfortable than my 996S so may swap it for an ST3. I've been told, though, that if I use throw over panniers on the Monster, she'll do Europe quite comfortably. Does anyone have a picture of a Monster with panniers? I'm definitely warming to the ST3 looks, panniered up but it would be a shame to sell the 996 if I don't need to.

CK & AK
22-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Hi Ruth - go start your own drinks post!:p

Seriously - welcome to you too:D

C
ps: Do I know you? :scratch:

Redruth
22-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi Ruth - go start your own drinks post!:p

Seriously - welcome to you too:D

C
ps: Do I know you? :scratch:

Sssshhh! I was hoping to give the impression I'm teetotal in this club!

:booze:

Nonnie
22-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Ruth, there aren't any teetotals in this place. Apart from one guy. In Suffolk.

Welcome !

Julie
22-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the UKMOC

steviej
22-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Nice part of the world.......................

Raymundo999r
22-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Once again, thank you all for the nice welcome.

Kev Bunney
22-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Welcome Raymundo, The 999 is an awsome machine as is the S4R, I was lucky enough to ride them both at last years track day, the S4R is definately the more rider friendly bike although I damn near chucked it at the scenery ! but the fact that I saved the situation was probably due to the controlability of the bike, either way you`ll have some great fun this summer :bunny:

Raymundo999r
22-02-2006, 07:40 PM
A spot of luck, i've just met a friend of mine for a quick drink in our local and she has put me onto a Bandit 600 that's for sale in Blackburn which is just down the road. She knows the man at the garage who is selling it so we're going over tomorrow to buy it.

Thank you for all your advice and help.

stef
22-02-2006, 07:50 PM
you wha...
dont do it Ray. i assure you, there nothing to be proud of when straddling a bandit. the monster on the other hand makes you feel all funny inside.
please, we beg you to reconsider.

manwithredbike
22-02-2006, 07:59 PM
I've been a Ducati Sporting Club member for nearly 2 years. After much dithering, I bought a Monster 620Sie as my 2nd, run around bike. I'm now thinking of touring on something more comfortable than my 996S so may swap it for an ST3. I've been told, though, that if I use throw over panniers on the Monster, she'll do Europe quite comfortably. Does anyone have a picture of a Monster with panniers? I'm definitely warming to the ST3 looks, panniered up but it would be a shame to sell the 996 if I don't need to.

what about this ??

dean
22-02-2006, 08:02 PM
couldnt agree more with the bandit observation by Stef. Dont do it, you'll be sorry, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day soon and for the rest of your life.....

spacemonkey
22-02-2006, 08:30 PM
I've been told, though, that if I use throw over panniers on the Monster, she'll do Europe quite comfortably.
I knew a girl like that once. Lovely lass, but i never heard from her again once she reached Prague.

Scotty
22-02-2006, 08:31 PM
thats one mental jump from enginering exclence to enginered to a price
not that ive ever owned a bandit and hence could be talking out of my arse

a har, see what ive done there

Redruth
22-02-2006, 08:41 PM
what about this ??

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

It that doesn't contain Italian ice cream, there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE!

Redruth
22-02-2006, 08:45 PM
A spot of luck, i've just met a friend of mine for a quick drink in our local and she has put me onto a Bandit 600 that's for sale in Blackburn which is just down the road. She knows the man at the garage who is selling it so we're going over tomorrow to buy it.

Thank you for all your advice and help.

I have to agree that the Bandit 600 (I had an S for a year) is a nothing bike -whatever you compare it to. But if you don't feel Ducati in your soul, you might as well be on a Jap bike.

And I give this information in an advisory, helpful way of course. :piglet:

Paranoid Dave
22-02-2006, 09:38 PM
ok so there's nothing wrong with red, even if black is better :D And as for drinking, yes suffolk is officially the first tee total county don't you know.

Hmmm, 999s or bandit 600 :twak:
That would have to be the best opening line on the bandit forum wouldn't it. Oh well, if you enjoy it then good luck to you, if you need to get confident on something less scary then i even congratulate your common sense. But if it's just cos its there and affordable... :banghead:

Good luck.

Oh yeh and hello Ruth, welcome and by the sounds of it, you wouldn't like suffolk.

Tigerlily
22-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Blimey, that was brief! I didn't even get to say hello!

Don't do it Raymundo! The Duke has far more style :D

Raymundo999r
24-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Hello again.

I would just like to say, that having listened to all your, and my instructor's advice, i ended up picking up the Bandit this morning. I'm hoping that i can get a few miles under my belt before late summer when the S4Rs turns up. The 999r was a little too much for a novice. I told my father that he shouldn't have got it before i had any experiance but you know how parents are. So when the S turns up i may be back.

Is there a time limit between visiting the site?

dazzi-b
24-02-2006, 06:33 AM
don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red.......

C'mon lets all chant together.

Hello by the way, I'm not against red, i just prefer black ;)

Hello and a warm welcome from me :)

By the way I'm not against red, I'm not against black......my preference is YELLOW!!!! :D :D

Tigerlily
24-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Hi Raymundo

Please don't feel that you have to leave the site just because you've not got your Monster yet. You're still welcome to join in :)

Your membership won't be deleted as long as you log in again in the next 18 months.

Scotty
24-02-2006, 04:08 PM
quite proberly a wise choice, if you can get out of the dropping habbit new riders sometimes have ( that al be me :rolleyes:)

think id be warey of all the s4rs power but as with all bikes, you dont have to use it :scratch:

NattyBoy
24-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Now im confused..:scratch: 999R>600 bandit>S4RS..??!!

Enjoy whatever you get anyway..(S4RS looks the dogs in white BTW IMO)

Oh..and hello ruth..and doent let that CK bird give you any jip...:twak: :chuckle:

Nat

Gizmo
24-02-2006, 09:27 PM

How do you spell it again is it T R O and double L at the end??

lenny
24-02-2006, 09:45 PM
well hello and welcome from us :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :booze: :booze: lenny_linda

MilesB
24-02-2006, 10:02 PM
I get it :idea:

From what you said at the start, the 999 - although awesome (especially in Black) is probably not an ideal begineers bike. From my own experience, I would say that the Bandit is.

Use and abuse the Bandit for a few months - get some confidence - wring it's neck to get some performance out of it. Enjoy the fantastic Suzuki gearbox, and the fact that you can bang down the gears while going around roundabouts without loosing the back end. Its a naked upright bike - get used to a more comfortable riding position, and developing those neck muscles.

THEN go and get the S4RS :mand: .
More power, much more torque, rediscover engine breaking, and fantastic handling/suspension:gromit: .

Looks good too.

Keep the Bandit for riding in the winter so you keep your riding skills up, and don't have to learn again each spring.

But whatever - enjoy what you ride.

And Welcome, Miles

Raymundo999r
26-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Hello again. Thanks for the offer to stay around.

Re Bandit

Well you can appreciate the difference. But to be completely honest it was probably the right move considering that i had only rode the 999 for around 250 miles from new. It has gone to a new home now. Somebody came over from Dumfries to buy it and did.

I'm really looking forward to getting the S4 etc Monster when the weather picks up, which should be around June. I take on board the idea to keep the bandit for the winter months and i'm seriously going to consider it. After all it does make sense.

Once again thank you for all your support.

stuartg
27-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Welcome to both Raymundo and Redruth. Hope you enjoy the club.

Julie
10-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Ray from Whalley near Clitheroe Lancashire. i own a 999 and it's going to cost me my licence, or my life, so probably move over to the S4Rs so i thought i'd give you lot a look in.
Hi Bob!!!!!

Raymundo999r
21-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Bob? Have I missed something?

Hi again. I dropped the bandit on Sunday it's totalled, some diesel on the road from Devils. For me, I've suffered a broken finger and some grazing other than that I'm fine. I think it may be time for my Monster.

DesmoDog
21-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Hello again. Thanks for the offer to stay around.

Re Bandit

Well you can appreciate the difference. But to be completely honest it was probably the right move considering that i had only rode the 999 for around 250 miles from new. It has gone to a new home now. Somebody came over from Dumfries to buy it and did.

I'm really looking forward to getting the S4 etc Monster when the weather picks up, which should be around June. I take on board the idea to keep the bandit for the winter months and i'm seriously going to consider it. After all it does make sense.

Once again thank you for all your support.

Too bad to hear about the spill (in every sense) mate, I hope the finger recovers soon. Now about that Bandit, I'd use the insurance money to add to the cash for the s4r and forget about keeping something for the winter, what's the point? Enjoy your summer months then put it away.

Mr C
21-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Hello and welcome your not to far from me. Good choice of colour. Ive not riden a 999 or an S4R but coming from a 996 (R.I.P) to an S4 is pretty simular to a degree. I have to say i have much prefered the S4. Its doesnt have the same straight line top speed but it the best fun u can have on 2 wheels. I love my Monster.

Bodybag
21-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Get yourself another Bandit with the insurance. At least you now know not to ride through diesel again (its all part of the learning process). Don't think that cos you've now come off you're not going to do it again. Get plenty of experience before jumping onto what is, in essence, an un-faired 999!!

P.S. Hope your fingers better soon.

Phil

Gilps
21-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Stop mucking about. Get the S4rs. If you drop it, just get another one. You're obviously loaded and I'm jealous.:D Heal quickly and get back out on the road. enjoy whatever you ride.