20-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi All
You lucky lucky folk in sunny Dorset have a new area Rep
Matt Black's (Keith) Is going to look after you so dont give
a hard time
TERRY

Duncan
20-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Greetings Matt and welcome to the post of area rep. Since 2002 I have been the temporary, stand in, acting rep for Gloucestershire until a more permanent one could be found.

You will now be able to wait round in garages, caffs, street corners, dealers for the rest of your section only to find they stayed home to perm the cat, eat the dog, meet mother in law or watch England on telly.

I'm told the best part of being area rep is when you stop.

Enjoy it, we'll ride down and see you.:shocked:

Pedro
20-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Well done Matt

are you going to come and say hi to us Hampsters? I'm sure Bob will be leading us down your way too (in a probably round about way...!!!)

Ped

Matt Black
20-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Thank you Duncan. I hope I'm up to it!

Just read lots about the ups and downs of public office. Been reading lots about people being expelled, or wanting to leave. So it is with a little trepidation that I dip my toe in the mysterious waters of club representation.

I've been a member since April 2003, and after initial enthusiasm, my involvement with the club has been in fits and starts. Too often the cause of my waning enthusiasm has been at the hands of those who, after reading the forum, are those I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like when I met them!

I've come to recognise a few people over the past 3 years, but have often felt like someone on the outside looking in, probably because I'm never sure whether the person I'm saying hello too is the idiot on the forum that was cheesing me off the day before! I wonder whether that's how many people feel. There are, as in any 'fan-based' organisation those who are more active than others and it can be difficult to get in with the 'in-crowd'. So the answer is to join the in crowd with more active involvement with regular rides and events.

What I have seen in the last few days is the first positive steps to concentrate the efforts of UKMOC to getting back to what the club is all about. Enjoying the Ducati Monster through shared experience, with a bit of harmless trivia on the side. The best way for us all to get along is too ensure that we still share that common ground.

Whilst I hope the steps taken to ensure the success of this mini revolution do not lead it to become elitist, I think those that are most involved with the club want to reclaim it on behalf of Terry, and the other founder members and carry on their ideals.

I'm hoping to bring some of what I think UKMOC is all about to a relatively sparsley monstered part of this sceptred isle, with some humour, some enthusiasm, and some responsibility.

I won't promise to be the best rep there's ever been but I mean well, and I'll try to amuse, bring in some more members and organise the odd ride. Believe me, if I organise it, it will be odd!

Hope to see Duncan and NattyBoy at the inaugural Dorset meet, wherever and whenever that may be. Better dig out the Optimate......

Matt Black
20-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Well done Matt

are you going to come and say hi to us Hampsters? I'm sure Bob will be leading us down your way too (in a probably round about way...!!!)

Ped

But of course, we've already met! That's the trouble, putting names to faces. Surely you remember M9 00V, the disco queen with one exhaust missing?

(And they all whispered - oh God, it's that t*sser!)

NattyBoy
20-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Nice one mate - you know it makes sense - I think !!

Nat

Pedro
20-02-2006, 10:33 PM
But of course, we've already met! That's the trouble, putting names to faces. Surely you remember M9 00V, the disco queen with one exhaust missing?

(And they all whispered - oh God, it's that t*sser!)

Ah yes, IOW, Boozy's last tour!

How about a bit of a round up of the local herberts and do a Poole Quay run again - there was one a couple of years back meeting at Old Sarum Airport in Salisbury I think. Dunc brought his mob, Boozy dragged us Hampsters along and Jmo brought the Sussexites to name a few.

Ped

Matt Black
20-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Poole Quay is a given. I think it cranks up around Easter.

Gets ever so busy and even costs a £1 to enter on Tuesday's, so a weekend jaunt makes the most sense.

I've got some ideas, hoping to get a response from other Dorset members via email over next few days. Not sure what to call them yet, Dorsteps maybe?

Hmm, or Dorseteers?

Hang on I'll have to have a committee meeting with myself....

CK & AK
21-02-2006, 11:54 AM
How about a bit of a round up of the local herberts and do a Poole Quay run again - there was one a couple of years back meeting at Old Sarum Airport in Salisbury I think. Dunc brought his mob, Boozy dragged us Hampsters along and Jmo brought the Sussexites to name a few.

Ped
this was a 'biggie' for the south:ukm: - and we met from all over the place.
Ran for 3 summers - 02, 03 & 04 usually in late August, with the wonderful Duncan arranging for us to do the final meet & ride in from The Old Sarum airfield, after a spot of elevenses there.

Could go & dig out pics of fatbloke having his bike shat on by seagulls :D
have also got video evidence of the rideouts for a couple of the early years too;)

C

Bodybag
21-02-2006, 12:04 PM
I've got some ideas, hoping to get a response from other Dorset members via email over next few days. Not sure what to call them yet, Dorsteps maybe?

Hmm, or Dorseteers?

How about the Dorsters or the Monsets?

Duncan
21-02-2006, 12:52 PM
this was a 'biggie' for the south:ukm: - and we met from all over the place.
Ran for 3 summers - 02, 03 & 04 usually in late August, with the wonderful Duncan arranging for us to do the final meet & ride in from The Old Sarum airfield, after a spot of elevenses there.

C

Cant take the credit for this one, it was arranged by Paul Waite in Salisbury.

Not seen him for a while but will drop him a mail and point him in your direction Matt.

Matt Black
21-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Cheers Duncan, with more experience I could get everyone organising events for me!

Fatbloke's cottoned on to this a bit late, but I reckon a bit of delegation could lead to a long and happy association!!!

SazzaG
21-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Aha, Dixxie's long lost twin! (sparkle sparkle).

He's to more arse-numbingly long trips to Poole and beyond. I can feel a monster invasion of the west country coming on...

Saz