PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys and Gals

SAMMYE
20-02-2006, 08:42 AM
How have you all been? Have you missed me? Havent been around for a while because I broke my ankle playing football seven weeks ago and its been very difficult for me to get online! :cry:

Cast is off now and although I am still on crutches should be walking by the end of the week hopefully its been a difficult time for me as I am a very active person, went to the gym for the first time yesterday as I cannot do sports for another couple of months and just felt euphoric to be able to exercise again.

Anyhow how are you all doing? What ya been up to? :wallace:

dean
20-02-2006, 09:19 AM
hi sammye, sorry to hear of your injury and hope you are recovering, it seems the usual has been going on here at the forum.

SAMMYE
20-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Cheers mate yeah I noticed I missed the action. :banghead:

Who was banned? The usual suspects or were some further rebels recruited?

steviej
20-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Yerbs
Bob Dixon
Fosse Foxlight (Quit I think)
CraigMac
Richard S

And thats for starters................:worried: :(

dean
20-02-2006, 09:42 AM
i just had a quick snoop, it seems that alex, bob dixon, craigmac have been banned. there might be more but i've just checked their details and i know it to be them. i dont know for how long or owt, nor do i know why (but i suspect that's another conversation, free speech etc).

i also note that fosse foxfight has tendered what seems to be a resignation which also seems to have been duly accepted!, i never really crossed threads with him though so i am not sure what might have happened there.

so, it's back to sprockets and favourite tyres then.

joy.

SAMMYE
20-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh well..... to be fair looking in as I did occasionally I did see some "funny" threads and I did think to myself if I was new to the forum I wouldnt have been able to make head nor tail of what was going on (not that I really could anyway) and I suppose it could deter newbies.. possibly.
At the end of the day its not my forum so its not my place to make a judgment on whether it was right or wrong though.

Anyway apart from that has anybody been up to anything exciting? I'm going to Tenerife in 19 days!! Yippee!!

Mand
20-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Welll......... I painted my shed on Saturday, felt really happy to be out in the garden enjoying the fresh air after a particularly rubbish week in the office.

Planned to ride the Monster on Sunday but the weather was awful.

Never plan anything - my new motto.

Tenerife for 19 days. Lucky you! I am trying to imagine the sun on my skin - but my imagination seems to have dulled along with the weather. :chuckle:

steviej
20-02-2006, 10:40 AM
............................Havent been around for a while because I broke my ankle playing football seven weeks ago and its been very difficult for me to get online! :cry:

Here's to a joyous & speedy recovery.................:drunk:

SAMMYE
20-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Welll......... I painted my shed on Saturday, felt really happy to be out in the garden enjoying the fresh air after a particularly rubbish week in the office.

Planned to ride the Monster on Sunday but the weather was awful.

Never plan anything - my new motto.

Tenerife for 19 days. Lucky you! I am trying to imagine the sun on my skin - but my imagination seems to have dulled along with the weather. :chuckle:

Sorry I meant in 19 days :dizzy: you know what Im like :freak:

Sounds like its all go down your neck of the woods Mand. Glad to hear you are well though!

Thinking about selling me monster and getting a motocross type thingy for a bit (because I've never done it before and it sort of appeals to me to go across country)

Mand
20-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Sorry I meant in 19 days :dizzy: you know what Im like :freak:

Sounds like its all go down your neck of the woods Mand. Glad to hear you are well though!

Thinking about selling me monster and getting a motocross type thingy for a bit (because I've never done it before and it sort of appeals to me to go across country)

Nope, I am the div. You did say 19 days!
Well as for off road bikes, there are a few people who can point you in the right direction.

I've got a trail bike, a DRZ 400, I have only been off road a couple of times, I quite liked it.

You can never have too many bikes you know! I should know...... :chuckle:

SAMMYE
20-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Sammye just had his first steps without crutches!!! WAHOO! :running:

only about 10 steps but that has made me feel so good!!!

I will be moon walking in no time!!

Mand
20-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Check you out! You'll be back on your bike in no time!

:spin:

Lady-Bob
20-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Oh well..... to be fair looking in as I did occasionally I did see some "funny" threads and I did think to myself if I was new to the forum I wouldnt have been able to make head nor tail of what was going on (not that I really could anyway) and I suppose it could deter newbies.. possibly.
At the end of the day its not my forum so its not my place to make a judgment on whether it was right or wrong though.

Don't fall off that fence Sammye! :p

Nice to see you bak out and about.

I'll bet you've been a little bored lately then eh?

SAMMYE
20-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Don't fall off that fence Sammye! :p

Nice to see you bak out and about.

I'll bet you've been a little bored lately then eh?

Hello me old mucka!!! How you doing? Bored is not the word!!! :hissy: Ive gone a little crazy

DesmoDog
20-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Sammye,

how do you type with your feet?

Now, stop playing dangerous sports like football and get the bike on the road :on:

Didge
20-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Sammye, it stings a bit when a bone goes 'SNAP' does it not? Welcome to the 'Crips Club' where you will meet fellow suffers of all sorts of broken & missing bits and pieces.:D

Nonnie
20-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Hey Sammye

Crips Club Secretary here. Hope you're feeling better,

It's all go in Norfolk you know. Blimey. I'm knackered.

Take care and they're right. You shouldn't play football.

SAMMYE
20-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi Crips club members! glad to be welcomed aboard!

Look football is a great game! I think those overpayed twits who play in the premiership give us a bad name. Weird though because even though people call it a Po ofters game I can tell you its most certainly not! I have done Judo for most of my life which if you didnt know is throwing people around strangling and armlocking people and other martial arts including Thai Boxing even a no holds barred fighting (MMA) from and I have only ever had minor injuries! Started playing football sprained my ankle twice then broke the other one in my first season back.

Anyway green eyes how Norfolk treating you? ooo arrrrr oooo aarrrrr

Nonnie
20-02-2006, 03:38 PM
I haven't got a brand new combine harvester......

Other than that, tip top tip top.

nik_the_brief
20-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Football - a bloody dangerous game that is. Stick to the martial arts mate, far less risky!

GULLY
20-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi SammyE
Sorry to ear about the break:p
we must have a drink soon :drunk: :drunk:

gully

MilesB
20-02-2006, 09:57 PM
...I did notice it was a bit quiet, and that you hadn't posted for a while.

But, a REAL SICKNOTE excuse :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Get well soon.

Miles & Susan

PS: Obviously it can't have been you on the Orpington bypass - :idea: so it must have been Slob

gary tompkins
20-02-2006, 10:50 PM
I still think he got abducted by aliens :look:

SAMMYE
21-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi SammyE
Sorry to ear about the break:p
we must have a drink soon :drunk: :drunk:

gully

Yes definitley but Im not drinking any of that Cider cr*p! :dizzy: