PDA

View Full Version : Faulty Electrics...Please Help

eonan
18-02-2006, 11:02 AM
OK please bear with me as I try to describe what is happening/not happening. Its difficult because the problems seem to be inconsistant.

The other day I began to notice that my indicators were running slow. Then later they refused to work at all. I have LED's on the front and the rear. The rear has always worked fine, but when I put the LED's on the front I had one or two problems getting them to run properly. Eventually they did.

So, last night I decided to put back the old stock front indicators. Just making a temporary connection to see if they worked...and they did. Great I thought, I'm off to the pub and I'll fix them up properly in the morning.

This morning I do just that. Switch on the ignition and not only do the indicators not work, but the warning light panel doesn't work now either!

Everything else functions as it should: Starter motor, lights, brake light etc.

So...any ideas where to start trying to track down the fault? Does anything stand out a mile for any of you?

Its such a bloody lovely day here too :worried:

Oh, and I don't think this has anything to do with my 'Crossed Wires' post the other day - that just turned out to be as some of you had suggested, they had put the bulbs in the wrong slots.

Mr C
18-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Check the relays.

eonan
18-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Found the wee blighter - the turn signal fuse had gone :thumbsup:

gary tompkins
18-02-2006, 11:37 PM
It would be a good idea to check over your wiring to the flashers. It sounds like you may have a short somewhere?