PDA

View Full Version : Mallory, latest on the chicane

CK & AK
17-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Full pics in this link:

http://217.199.188.40/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=29700

Zimbo
17-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Hmmmm. Not too sure about that one, think I'll wait till I've tried it though before I trash the concept.
Is it possible that the circuit might allow use of gerrards in it's previous setup, on trackdays at least, rather than forcing us all to use the new chicane???

CK & AK
17-02-2006, 01:00 PM
they havent yet Zimbo mate, not since it was opened this week:thumbsdown:

Mand
17-02-2006, 01:21 PM
CK, I just had a look at the Desmo Due racing dates, are they all confirmed? Do they not included Mallory?

SazzaG
17-02-2006, 01:23 PM
I know I've said in the Mallory thread that I don't want to do another track day, but still, what have they done? Gerrards was the most fun bit of that track!

Good luck everyone....

Saz

CK & AK
17-02-2006, 01:36 PM
CK, I just had a look at the Desmo Due racing dates, are they all confirmed? Do they not included Mallory?

No Mand, and boy are we glad!

Which ones are you planning on going along to? - come & say 'Hi' :)

C

Mand
17-02-2006, 02:00 PM
No Mand, and boy are we glad!

Which ones are you planning on going along to? - come & say 'Hi' :)

C

From a selfish point of view it is a shame, I only live a couple of miles away from the circuit!

Donington for sure, definitely not Assen though!

Hopefully Castle Coombe and Snetterton.

CK & AK
17-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Assen would be a good hoot!

just think this way: leave the monster weekend on the monday, go home for shower/change & kip in ones own bed.
Thurs or Friday make your way to Dover/Harwich/wherever, gentle ferry across the channel, pleasant 4 & a half hour ride to track:woot: (or less!) stopping for drinkies & luncheon en-route. Set up camp for the weekend, watch the racing (all televised too!) - purely ducati's only on track, and then wander home on the Sunday late afternoon - or even the Monday:mand:

Sorted :banana:

Scotty
17-02-2006, 04:07 PM

just think this way: leave the monster weekend on the monday, go home for shower/change & kip in ones own bed.
Thurs or Friday make your way to Dover/Harwich/wherever, gentle ferry across the channel, pleasant 4 & a half hour ride to track:woot: (or less!) stopping for drinkies & luncheon en-route. Set up camp for the weekend, watch the racing (all televised too!) - purely ducati's only on track, and then wander home on the Sunday late afternoon - or even the Monday:mand:

humm that could be my summer holiday :spin:

Banshee
17-02-2006, 06:31 PM
I think our forum photo bird should pitch herself ere all day. i wont be givin the victory on this bit me thinks.

Banshee
17-02-2006, 06:33 PM
But as a forum i suppose we could choose if we want it or not couldnt we?

slob
17-02-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm doing Assen, already booked Fri&Mon off work.

CK & AK
17-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Slob, be good to see you there, along with the rest of team Phoenix racers:D

Banshee, what the hell are you mumbling about dear?

Zimbo
17-02-2006, 08:07 PM

I don't think so, it's down to the circuit and I doubt we'd get a say in it.

JMo
17-02-2006, 08:10 PM
What is all the fuss about Gerrards? - it's just a big long curve - I fall asleep half way round it...

I say stick on some high bars and go supermoto stylee! A couple more bends can't be bad in my opinion...

xxx

slob
17-02-2006, 08:10 PM
What if we try to go round it and you try to go straight through Banshee?
..... I'll get my coat.

Paranoid Dave
17-02-2006, 08:15 PM
bends yes, car park no. I can't wait to see the BSB round and hear all the comments from the riders.

fatbloke
17-02-2006, 08:45 PM
What if we try to go round it and you try to go straight through Banshee?
..... I'll get my coat.
your coats on the grass slob

with your monster (remember Donington)

gary tompkins
17-02-2006, 09:09 PM
They should have taken a 90 degree bend off the end of the straight, and right through the lake. Every one could be kitted out with snorkles and flippers, a bit like Mallory meets it's a knockout? ;)

Banshee
18-02-2006, 08:13 PM
your coats on the grass slob

with your monster (remember Donington)

Glass houses and stones... i'm looking forward to it. CK you cummin to giggle?

Mand
19-02-2006, 01:29 AM

mmm CK, it sounds very very tempting but I am a jammy bugger already having three holidays this year and the weekender :mand:

PS not forgetting doing the track day on the new "improved"? Mallory Chicane.

:flag:

Zimbo
19-02-2006, 04:03 PM
While reading another site's club racing forum, i got some more info on the Mallory mods.
It seems the new chicane has been installed at the request of the BSB lot, to increase lap times etc.
It looks likely that race clubs can elect to use the old or new circuit - in other words continue to use gerrards as it used to be.
that being the case, we may well be able to keep using the "old" circuit for trackdays???
We'll wait and see. Feedback seems to be that riding the new circuit with the chicane isn't actually as bad as it looks in the photos.

fatbloke
19-02-2006, 04:10 PM
like many others I've done mallory a few times, I'd like to try the
new circuit just for the change I dont really mind how good
or bad it is, its just different

Banshee
19-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Could we not do up to lunch one way and then change for the last 4?

Scotty
19-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Could we not do up to lunch one way and then change for the last 4?

i thought about that and decided it was a bad idea for some reason but i cant remember why

i guess you would have to do with the extra bend in the morning rather than the afternoon , you wouldnt want to have too much speed from practice on an original gerards, but if someone forgot and went the wrong way
or some confusion
umm nah its just not worth it i dont think

we could do the track anticlockwise perhaps ?

CK & AK
19-02-2006, 08:54 PM
While reading another site's club racing forum, i got some more info on the Mallory mods.
It seems the new chicane has been installed at the request of the BSB lot, to increase lap times etc.

Apparently graham, it was the ACU in conjunction with the HSE, after last year's smash in BSB there. Most BSB dont want it

It looks likely that race clubs can elect to use the old or new circuit - in other words continue to use gerrards as it used to be.
that being the case, we may well be able to keep using the "old" circuit for trackdays???

Seems quite likely for trackday companies :)

We'll wait and see. Feedback seems to be that riding the new circuit with the chicane isn't actually as bad as it looks in the photos.

:eek: Check out the New Era & Bemsee forums, not many happy after this w/ends testing:(