PDA

View Full Version : Crossed Wires

eonan
16-02-2006, 06:33 PM
I've just noticed that those dumb ass muppets have made a mistake with wiring up the new tach/instrument panel :banghead:

They've got the 'Neutral' and the 'Outer Lighting' warning lights mixed up..ie when the bike is in neutral, the green warning light that looks like two headlights pointing in opposite directions, comes on. When I put the lights on, the green 'N' comes on.

Is this easily fixable, or am I going to have to bend over again and call them?

Dave G
16-02-2006, 06:41 PM
I think in that case your perfectly within your rights to take it back to them and say-'fix it'!,be polite but firm.You'll bring it in and expect to drive it away within a short time.

gary tompkins
16-02-2006, 06:51 PM
You may find they have just plugged the bulbs into the wrong holders. I recall this is pretty easy to do on the old style clock/lamp unit. I had a bit of a mare on my 600 when I fitted a DP Led tacho, and had to switch the ignition on and get the individual bulbs lit to establish what went where :banghead:

A Yerbury
16-02-2006, 06:54 PM
the wires are numbered as are the slots, just pop it out and pop it back in again (in the right place) you will need a small jewelers xdriver to take the trip lever off first.

eonan
16-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Cheers guys, I'll take a look again in the morning.

eonan
17-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Yep, bulbs put in the wrong slots...feckin smurfs :julie: