PDA

View Full Version : Richie (soon 2B)

Richie(soon 2B)
15-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Greetings and many thanks for making me feel welcome, glad the Yamaha comments weren't considered offensive, after all they are just musical instruments, and nothing an Italian bike manufacturer should be threatened by. Except for that famous drum kit "The R1" and clarinet "The R6".
Special greetings to "Pugi" & "Nim", thanx for offer to join ye all on Monster week-end, what's the story, When & where & why & how etc....
Nim did you say you play the Bass guitar, and if so are you any good? I'm in a TOP quality original rock/pop band looking for a bass guitarist and also a female backing vocalist. Two seperate people that is. Let me know, 'cause we've got some VERY serious **** going down with this band, and most of us are bikers. We'll be putting adds in all the major press in the next few days, so get back to me a.s.a.p.
Bye for now, Richie Rich (or at least soon 2B)

Pugi
15-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Hi and welcome Rich(currently poor?). When the bling is added you will certainly be poor... I'm 'unsure' whether I'm coming to the weekender or not myself - hence someone more enlightened will happily inform you I'm sure. Armed with my standard and equally poor excuse of being a poor student, I never make decisions in advance, they are never made more than a week before any event in my life. But I have a feeling I'll pop up and join Nim, yourself and anyone who cares, for some serious drinking, singing, sobering and motoring. :roger:

Nim
16-02-2006, 08:40 AM
student??? call that an excuse??? hmmm. ok. but you can only be part of the singing (and not sobering...) if your there.....richie, i am actually looking at joining a new band at the moment, im more of a rock chick, but rock/pop sounds gd to me....if you're coming to the weekender bring some of your stuff or pm me. im afraid i dont know anyone who sings that great, but il keep my eyes and ears out. why dont you start a new thread ??

ps i have been thinking of getting your bike, but am slowly falling in lurrrrvvveee with a 999 i met on the weekend. maybe i should give myself a couple more years experience before i get one of those!! but i want it so bad!!!

Nonnie
16-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Nim my other half has just sold a 999s. I tried, once, to ride it. I frightened myself. I stalled. I got off. That was the end of it. Apparently they are quite good fun though.
And Richiesoon2be, if you're looking for a singer, you gotta get Mand. She's here somewhere. She is allegedly good at singing into her hairbrush. We did once discuss setting up a band, it ended up being a ska/glam rock thing. I did once play my sax in a proper band but to be honest, I wasn't very good.
Here is the link to the UKMOC weekender anyway for you.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=14597

All the information you should need is there and once I have cancelled my booking at the Travelodge as I just can't make it this year, there should be some more room there if you're not a happy camper.
There is also another mini weekender in June and the info is here.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=15935

singletrack
16-02-2006, 09:10 AM
There should be another room available in the travelodge too, as I have just had to cancel mine.:(

Welcome to the club Richie (soon 2B).

Pugi
16-02-2006, 10:01 AM
student??? call that an excuse??? hmmm. ok. but you can only be part of the singing (and not sobering...) if your there.....richie, i am actually looking at joining a new band at the moment, im more of a rock chick, but rock/pop sounds gd to me....if you're coming to the weekender bring some of your stuff or pm me. im afraid i dont know anyone who sings that great, but il keep my eyes and ears out. why dont you start a new thread ??

ps i have been thinking of getting your bike, but am slowly falling in lurrrrvvveee with a 999 i met on the weekend. maybe i should give myself a couple more years experience before i get one of those!! but i want it so bad!!!

The excuse isn't being a student. The excuse is the personal economy that comes along with it. Add to this the price of living in Guildford. I'll do my best to join the singing, hey..if I didn't know my limits I'd think I'd have the chance to end up in a band!

I tried a 999 and an MV F4 1000 last summer since I've been pondering to get a rocket later on. Great fun, but I immediatly got confirmed what I allready knew...a few more years experience needed. From one n00b to another I recommend the same. Further it would make more sence to have one if you live elsewhere in Europe. England just doesn't have the roads to fully appreciate those bikes.

Julie
18-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the UKMOC

gary tompkins
18-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Hi Richie,

Nice to have you on board & another Londoner I see. At this rate we'll have some BIG rideouts in 2006 when the London & Kent area meet :thumbsup:

Although depending where in SW London you could be nearer to Surrey?

Richie(soon 2B)
19-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks Gary T. and everyone else for the welcome, and I look forward to any ride outs that are happening, just let me know. By the way I'm in East Putney SW London. Bye for now, Richie soon 2 B.

Nim
20-02-2006, 08:59 PM
hey nonnie...i cant believe your not coming to the weekender....would some gentle persuasion help? or threatening? either? i see your point about the 999. Think ill leave that one be for a while (dammit...its just so damn pretty!!!)

Nonnie
20-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Sorry Nim, I can't. Got 3 kids and no-one on hand to help out. Managed to get my parents to have them last year but they've skipped the country, I'm sure the charges will be dropped! You going to make it to the Northern mini weekender? I'll definitely be there, got my hotel booked and everything!