PDA

View Full Version : Frame end bung size

bigredduke
15-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Can anyone tell me the exact size of blanking plug required to fit the frame tubes at the tail? I bought some the other day on spec as they looked right but they are a smidge too big.:thumbsdown:

Name of a suitable supplier would be very handy!

Drucilla
15-02-2006, 09:50 PM
pm Spike he knows and i'll forget to ask him later, he got some for his bike

Fosse Foxfight
15-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Can anyone tell me the exact size of blanking plug required to fit the frame tubes at the tail? I bought some the other day on spec as they looked right but they are a smidge too big.:thumbsdown:

No?...might be worth a shot

ta ra

JMo
15-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Fosse makes a good point... x

However, you should find that standard mountainbike plastic handlebar plugs work a treat, although you may have to trim the flexi bits that go inside the tube, depending on how flexy they are...

xxx

Fosse Foxfight
15-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Fosse makes a good point... x

However, you should find that standard mountainbike plastic handlebar plugs work a treat, although you may have to trim the flexi bits that go inside the tube, depending on how flexy they are...

xxx
You're just too good to them:rolleyes:

bigredduke
17-02-2006, 02:40 PM
No?...might be worth a shot

ta ra

Yes, I tried a ruler but Mr Blair knows nothing about Monsters.

nick40
17-02-2006, 10:13 PM
get 2 packs of rubber gromets from halfords, they come in a little variety pack with about 6 in there is one that fits perfick, hence 2 packs needed cost about £3

nick

steviej
17-02-2006, 11:24 PM

:idea: Why don't you go all out and get yourself some snazzy bar end thingys and pop 'em in. More choice all round..................!!!!!:thumbsup:

bigredduke
18-02-2006, 08:29 PM
get 2 packs of rubber gromets from halfords, they come in a little variety pack with about 6 in there is one that fits perfick, hence 2 packs needed cost about £3

nick

Thanks for that, I shall investigrate at earliest opp.

Spike
19-02-2006, 08:18 AM
Go along JMO's route with the bike end rubbers they will only cost you 50p try the local bike shop