PDA

View Full Version : .........birds are beginning to sing.....is it time to deafen them or what?

Junks
15-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Hello

Just joined, the shed is in for its annual service, tune up, tyres and re-glueing the back light to stop it hanging off so I am up for some serious razzing as soon as...

Anything going on in Norfolk re rides out etc?

Would be interested to know

:grump:

Paranoid Dave
15-02-2006, 04:25 PM
lots going on in norfolk this year, I'm sure Nonnie will be along soon to inform you. I'll be visiting a bit and if you aint seen it already, there should be a norfolk post with a whats on this year list.
Its only as good as you make it so get thinking of places to visit, anywhere with chips and ice cream is good, coffee and cheesecake is good too.
Post it up and people will come (so i've been told)

Junks
15-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Ta for the response Capt.

I will wait and see.

:spin:

Paranoid Dave
15-02-2006, 05:08 PM
here's the link for hings currently planned, i think local stuff is more off the cuff.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=15746

Where's nonnie when you need her?

Nonnieeeeeeeee ! ! !

Nonnie
15-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Alright Alright!. Sorry I was cutting Rods hair, getting the kids tea ready, herding the squirrels and petting the fainting goats who were trying it on with the pygmy ones, you want the moon on a stick you do.

So, Junks, (Nonnie gets polite visitor voice on), how good to hear from you. Where is your bike for it's service? What things do you like to do? Is it chips? Ice cream? Something a little more sophisticated? Lager or real ale? Tell us some more about yourself.

Next organised meet is on for mid March I think unless something turns up sooner and it might well do. It's going to rain all week I believe so that'll clear the crap off the roads then it really ought to be Springtime.

There are quite a few of us now in Norfolk and hopefully they will all post up if they're going out and fancy some company.

This year there should be a lot going on. Fancy a track day? A weekender May Day bank holiday in the company of these delightful people? Another weekender up North in June? If you can't find the links for these events then just post up and I will find them for you.

In the meantime see you soon!

p.s. Your additional information in your profile is hilarious. Well done.

Junks
16-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Hi Nonnie

Thanks for getting back.

The shed is with Carl Harrison on Harleston. He is brilliant and totally ducati orientated and very fairly priced. He has done all sorts from polishing the headers to totally remapping the fuel management to perfection when my control unit went bonkers. He also claims to have got 140 out of the monster - but he doesnt weigh much. Would seriously recommend him to anyone even though he continually bollocks you for not lubing the chain enough or for having too much fly-mince on your headlamp. One of those people who you know will not shaft you - unlike most of the motor bike servicing and marketing fraternity as far as I have experienced.

Re me i am unfortunately a born again after spending my formative years thrashing round on a completely shagged out BSA A10 without license, brakes etc etc but it was in Wales before they had policemen and it sounded brilliant with straight through Daytona megaphones and highline headers that burned your calves -Oh those were the days eh - always kept the Germoline in the tool kit. I now live in the Thetford forest with my mental wife and I like beer and food and swearing at people.

Just getting a bit bored with thrashing around by myself so looking for more interesting runs with like minded idiots................ basically

:grump:

Nonnie
16-02-2006, 08:28 AM
OK, idiots? I think you have come to the right place.

I'm not too far from Harleston and that man there does have an excellent reputation. My bike has been in warranty so I've had to take it to an authorised dealer but Dave who posted up here takes his Kylie to Carl.

benson
16-02-2006, 11:21 AM
I immedaitely want to move to the fair county of norfolk to be closer to like monded folk who like beer :booze: and swearing at people.:nash:

He he he - here's to meeting up soon when it's NOT raining and the sun might even come out to play too...:p

Junks
16-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Look forward to it mate!

This new concept of steriophonic verbal abuse has distinct possibilities - Ramblers and dog walkers beware!

:nash:

benson
16-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Hurrah! And we both have M900ies too!!! :yoparty:
Perhaps we were separated at birth?:D :woot:

Nonnie
16-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Junks, you need to hear about Bensons twitcher story of Rendlesham Forest last year.

She really is a small child who just happens to hold a motorcycle license.

However she can do the dad dance almost as well as me and we're both laydees. It's extraordinary!

Junks
16-02-2006, 12:16 PM
this sounds too good to miss! Please enlighten!

I must say the forest does seem to attract the most odd of people doing the stangest things...........................:fou:

Nonnie
16-02-2006, 12:29 PM
No I will let her enlighten. It still makes me chuckle.

Here are some pictures of our adventures last year.

This is us about to set sail in Southwold with full motorcycling and sea wear.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=8882&d=1140096444

And on holiday......not sure what was happening here. Had too much beer.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=8883&d=1140096535

And Paranoid Dave with his holiday articles. The windmill disappeared enroute.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=8884&d=1140096552

Now you're getting a feel for the place yes?

Nonnie
16-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Oh yes and the only picture I managed to get of Rod, my other half.....

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=8885&d=1140097585

I just don't know what we were thinking of that weekend.

7 UKMOC'ers in a mobile home.

Kerry
16-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi to everyone, and a big hello to junks in thetford! Cant wait to get the bike out again and try the new set up. Weather been a bit off at the mo but i hope for sun soon(ha ha) The l.e.ds so look pretty cool nonnie just as good as the cable ties. see ya all soon!:ukm:

A Yerbury
16-02-2006, 06:14 PM
"....I've seen the big eared boys on farms.."

benson
20-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Aaaahhh yes the trip to Heacham... I think I was rowing across the floor of the caravan iwith a bag on my head... Now sure why but as my partner in crime said there was beer and a lot of it. The dinghy now resides on a hook on my office wall...If ever the waters rise and I need to escape I'll be out of the window like a shot...:thumbsup:

And my twitcher asorty is simply a fact that... Whilst i was driving through the forest I spotted some birdwatchers - hoardes of them in fact. I was so taken with their activities that as I drove past them I dropped two gears down the box and put my left index finger on the horn so as to say hello to them in a monsterry sort of way... yes - I am a small child who holds a motorbike license and what ever happens no one will ever get it off me!!!!!!!

Meanwhile where is the spring??? I WANT TO GO FO A NICE RIDE WITHOUT HYPOTHERMIA!!!!!