PDA

View Full Version : insurance

smiffyuk
14-02-2006, 07:20 PM
hi folks!
just had my renewal notice thru with direct choice which was (without mods i have just done) for £79.80 tpf&t ,35 years old,4 years no claims!!

thought sod this i'll go fully comp for the 1st time in my life.

ducati insurance want me to phone up with mods so don't know how they fare, bennets quoted £102 (without mods - online quote tells me to phone 'em up with mods), but ebikeinsurance will do me fully comp,all mods declared with free legal insurance and breakdown cover for £163 !!

what do you guys (and gals) think ??

Fosse Foxfight
14-02-2006, 08:32 PM
hi folks!
just had my renewal notice thru with direct choice which was (without mods i have just done) for £79.80 tpf&t ,35 years old,4 years no claims!!

ducati insurance want me to phone up with mods so don't know how they fare, bennets quoted £102 (without mods - online quote tells me to phone 'em up with mods), but ebikeinsurance will do me fully comp,all mods declared with free legal insurance and breakdown cover for £163 !!

Disgraceful

Scotty
14-02-2006, 08:44 PM
b*****d :rolleyes:

steviej
14-02-2006, 09:00 PM
hi folks!

Have you asked Direct Choice for a fully comp quote???:scratch:

smiffyuk
15-02-2006, 09:53 AM
not had chance yet - been on 12 hour days:thumbsdown:

what i was getting at was that there was only ebikeinsurance who will quote online with mods where others are 'you must telephone us so we can make a inflated premium up for you':on:

steviej
15-02-2006, 10:23 AM
not had chance yet - been on 12 hour days:thumbsdown:

Tell me about it............................................
................fortunately I'm on my six off now:hail:

**Roy Harper 1974ish

benson
15-02-2006, 10:29 AM
H&R quoted me on the phone (all their business is on the phone so I don't really know if they were infalting anything or nothing) for all mods (which are quite extensive!) £243 fully comp.

The bike is originally an m900 2002 bike with a LOT of mods so I was quite pleased because althought the bike has an alarm it isn't garaged and I live in London...