PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Redcare Warranties

Nonnie
13-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Ducati REDCARE warranties for M620, M800 @ £132.00 and for the M1000 @ £205.62 and for the S4R @ £275.00.

This is a full Ducati Factory warranty NOT an insurance policy.

There are some caveats e,g, the bike should have been serviced by an official Ducati dealer other wise there is a charge for a full Ducati dealer service top make sure the bike qualifies by being properly maintained.

These are on offer
Discuss?

bod
13-02-2006, 05:49 PM
I never get an extended warranty with anything,if it brakes go buy a new one!

Mind you I do have a 620 Ducati though:worried:

Think they are a waste of money and sometimes come to nearly the price of a new TV/washer etc.

Life life by the edge don't extend your warranty(probably brake down on the M1 now tommorrow)!!!!

Scotty
13-02-2006, 06:04 PM
well im gona say exactly the opposite, especialy with recent experiance,
i bought an aftermarket warentie for me old (secondhand) 600 and ended up cashing that one in for a new rear shock which the damping failed in

i bought an aftermarket warenty for current bike (second hand at the time again) and ended up with new tank and revcounter on that.

now im currently paying out big time for stuff thats broken which shouldn't have. though admittedly im now 5 years on after purchace

uh and the prices there quoteing there arn't that cheap its as if they expect you to have a problem.

Nonnie
13-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Hmmmmmm.....

I too never buy extended warranties generally but then I don't own nothin as expensive as me bike.

I guess it means I have to use an authorised dealer for the services still though but I just can't help thinking to get the extended warranty would be a good idea.

Scotty
13-02-2006, 07:19 PM
thers so many componants on a bike that theres no way your going to avoide the friday afternoon componant as it were, all depends what ya want
my rear shock example i did wonder at the time
i may have got my moneys worth out of the warenty (its all hassel) but i didnt get the choice of brand of new rear shock, carnell group must have found the cheapest id presume

Shauns4
13-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Ducati REDCARE warranties for M620, M800 @ £132.00 and for the M1000 @ £205.62 and for the S4R @ £275.00.

There are some caveats e,g, the bike should have been serviced by an official Ducati dealer other wise there is a charge for a full Ducati dealer service top make sure the bike qualifies by being properly maintained.

These are on offer
Discuss?

So if you own an S4R and do around 6000 miles a year, servicing plus warranty will cost you the best part of a grand, what a bargain, I think not!

sjr999r
13-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Best after sales warranty is dyson...(yes bit of the subject,i know)...60 quid for 5 years........on non abused items.mates mrs blew the motor sunday afternoon.mate rung dyson about 7pm......the same day..engineneer was round 11am Monday morning.new motor in hand ,a cuppa and 15mins he was gone........pretty good service if u ask me.:shocked:

benson
13-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Now we're talking - Dolly Dyson!!! What a great invention - I love it...:mand:
I'd spend the money on quality accommodation Nonnie - you know what I mean!!!!!:mand:

Nonnie
13-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Now we're talking - Dolly Dyson!!! What a great invention - I love it...:mand:
I'd spend the money on quality accommodation Nonnie - you know what I mean!!!!!:mand:
Aye chuck. Innit.

CK & AK
13-02-2006, 09:29 PM
I'd rather have full AA cover for less than half the price of the 'extended' warranty.
Thus my bike would get returned home.
I'm also lucky enough to have a hubby to fix most things, or a respected mechanic (have I mentioned Nelly at Cornerspeed in Notts before?:D )

The savings on having the bike done by an independant who loves his vocation, and is thoroughly trustworthy together with the AA breakdown cover (also with insurance to pick up the tab in the event of an accident)
far outweigh me shelling out even more money at Ducati.

I love my bike, but I DONT love the 'official' servicing costs.
Have also been at the sharp end for warranty work when my bike was less than 2 weeks old (crank casings yet again!) which were also done on the previous monster I had too.

C, with a bike 3 weeks out of warranty:on:

Duncan
14-02-2006, 07:19 AM
As with all insurance policies they dont do it as charity work so......

Bear in mind the cost of the worst repair against the potential spend and look at your options.
Typical failures take place in the first few weeks / months of ownership due to manufacturing / component defect then you go into a period where with it all shaken down it should be reliable. If you have shaken it down and raised all issues with the dealer in the 1st year then it should be trouble free for some time. This usually is the extended warranty period and the providers cash in for this reason.

Most of these warranties dont include normal wear and tear so fork seals, shocks, brakes, clutches, chains etc not covered.

Wonder if theyll cover mine with 50,000 miles on, never been dealer serviced?

bod
14-02-2006, 05:03 PM
My experience with warranties(car based though...but not that different) is it usually a 'mechanical breakdown' cover so covers sod all realy and if say the headgasket went(they would only cover the gasket and labour,not the headbolts,anti freeze,cambelts,other gaskets,head skim....etc)

Nope I will stick with buying a quality expensive product in the hope the money has been spent on decent parts/components used.