PDA

View Full Version : Help with Taking the Tank Off

eonan
11-02-2006, 12:19 PM
First dumb ass question for the day then...

I need to take the fuel tank off, and this is the first time I've had to do it. I'm guessing that what you see in the photo is the fuel valve, with one side connected to the tank side, and the other connected to the carbs side.

I was expecting to find an actual valve that I could turn to either 'Off' or 'On'. Instead, well you can see whats there.

Is this still a valve that turns left and right, on and off? It seems really inaccessable and won't budge! Before I break something though, I thought I'd better check first.

A Yerbury
11-02-2006, 02:13 PM
some have a switch on the side (mine does) others dont, the only other thing between the tank is the fuel pump. whenever I have taken my tank off I've drained it completely.

Scotty
11-02-2006, 03:15 PM
thats the vaccume tap that replaces the switches type things that yherbs is on about, Id just dissconect the pipe n drain the petrol , like what he said there like,

grunter
11-02-2006, 04:46 PM
vacuum pump Drain tank would be advised as lifting the tank full of squirt can cause leaks to hinge area? once tank has been drained you can disconnect electric and vacuum pipes . then you can remove the clip from the bracket that holds the tank knock the pin through the bracket and lift off:mand: hope this is of some help:booze: