PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire Monster owner-to-be

Vytalis
10-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi all,

The wife has finally given in! - on the understanding that I don't get anything too silly, so I've managed to sell her on the Monster S2R.

Had a licence for 11 years, and a wife/girlfriend for 9 so not had too much chance to get out on-road (ride a CR250 off-road though...).

Any pointers about getting back into road riding would be gratefully received and I look forward to saying hi to many of you.

James

Bodybag
10-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Get yourself booked on the track day in June at Mallory Park. There's a link somewhere on this site. There's also a huge Yorkshire follwing and if you look in the top right of this page you can go to your region and find trips and ride outs.

Hope this helps from a fellow newbie.

bigredduke
10-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Definitely something in the Yorkshire water this year - so many new members in the region. There is a big meeting planned for June 17/18 at Squires, just east of Leeds. Hope to see you there! :thumbsup:

Here's the link:http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=148212#post148212

stuartg
10-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Welcomt to the club

stef
10-02-2006, 11:41 AM
welcome..
i got my first monster about 3years ago, it wasnt a struggle to get the g/f to agree, i just didnt tell her until the bike was in the garage. (i invited her to an italian restaurant to break the news ! she weren't happy..but it was too late !)

like you, i had my lience for years, but hadnt ridden anything for about 8 of them.
so i took it easy on the monster, and practice around a local estate (in meanwood, Leeds !) i must have pissed the locals off too. but anyway.. after a week of evening practice, i took the bike on the commuting route (to shipley), on a sunday, and from then on, it's been a cruise.
if my monster was rideable, i'd invite you for a ride ! (unless you can hang on for early march ...)

dazzi-b
10-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Welcome to the club.

The only tip I can give is just get out and enjoy yourself. Since I got my monster I've never looked back (mind you when I'm riding I do like to look where I'm going)

I wouldn't change the bike for the world. I would only get another monster and then I doubt I would part with my beloved 900.

I hope to meet up with you at some point during the next few months. PM me if your ever around Squires and if my shift pattern permits I'll pop down to meet you.

(by the way that goes for anybody who's in the area) :mand:

andros
10-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Hi and welcome from another Yorkshire member.

In my opinion the S2r is a great choice, I came back to biking after alot of years off and can say just take it easy to start with and dont get carried away.
Other than that just enjoy it.

Pugi
10-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Hello and welcome from a bachelor with a Monster. I don't regret my choice the slightest...and even though they costs of 'having it your way' is astronomical I'm still convinced I'm getting the cheaper deal!

Tigerlily
10-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi and welcome to UKMOC :)

Let us know when you get your bike and tell us what you think, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

I think everyone has mentioned the main thing about returning to biking - take it easy - give yourself time to get back into the swing of things, you don't want to go tear-arsing round country lanes and scare the crap out of yourself as soon as you get it (I'm sure you wouldn't do that anyway, but you know what I mean) :mand:

Have fun and I hope to meet you soon.

:tiger:

Mand
10-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Hello and Welcome to the UKMOC from the Midlands.

Gilps
10-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi

Welcome to the club. Good choice of bike too. After spending the first 24 years of my life in Yorkshire I can understand the desire to get something to cheer you up a bit.:chuckle: That's not likely to offend anyone is it? If so, just tell me to shurrup.

dazzi-b
10-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi

Welcome to the club. Good choice of bike too. After spending the first 24 years of my life in Yorkshire I can understand the desire to get something to cheer you up a bit.:chuckle: That's not likely to offend anyone is it? If so, just tell me to shurrup.

SHURRUP!!!!!:)

Gilps
10-02-2006, 02:01 PM
mardyarse:spin:

Julie
12-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Welcome to the UKMOC

Yorkie
12-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Welcome!!!

Yorkie.