PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Good Evening

STIVH
08-02-2006, 10:15 PM
:yoparty: Well I have spent the last couple of days checking out this and many other Duke forums and getting reacquainted with Ducati folk ( my last being an 860 GTS in the early eighties!!!!!! and yes I'm an old git?)

So HeLLo To yOu AlL

It looks like a great site, if any one is up,down or over this way and you fancy a cuppa just shout you are more than welcome plus you can come and scratch your head and help me decide how I am gonna go about finally rebuilding my shed of a Honda hardtail (a relic from the late seventies). Another good reason to go riding on the Duke!

£900 squids worth of Canary Yellow M600 now sitting in the garage, various jobs sorted only the forks and new cam belts to do............however I do know the engine was taken apart due to a cam belt snap several years ago and finally rebuilt early last year, it's noisy and I can live with it but I do suspect I might have a loose nut (?) somewhere in one of the cases if the threads on this forum are anything to go by, so heres the Q - do I need gaskets or will grey silicon/haermerthingy suffice when rebuilding?

I have an original Ducati mechanics manual winging it's way to me some time soon but if I can do this by the weekend I might get to ride the beasty by then aswell?

Take care all and hopefully see one and all sometime?

Steve.

steviej
08-02-2006, 10:30 PM
'ello ar'kid.......................

welcome the the manchine..........................:freak:

As for the sealant thingy bit. The "grey silicon/haermerthingy suffice when rebuilding" stuff'll be fine.................:on:

Tigerlily
08-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Hi again Steve :)

Nice to hear that you're enjoying the forums, and nice to have another Manc member too!

Good luck sorting your bike out it'll be nice to have a new face out and about with us this year :mand:

What's this about a hardtail btw?.....Are you insane? (or just well padded?)

I can see me getting very confused over the next few months....... 2 Steve's with yellow bikes......I just hope you don't both have yellow helmets too!

Mand
08-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Hello! Welcome to the UKMOC. :D

A Yerbury
08-02-2006, 11:35 PM
With regard to the grey matter, try and use the threebond stuff, much safer and by the sounds of it you have enough solid objects holding illegal raves in the sump. It also looks like ducati toothpaste which is a good thing. I just took a couple of leaky 600 forks to the dump?! they were marzocchi and not really worth the effort as superior showas can be picked up for (almost) peanuts. with the forks try to get a pair from an early 900, they will go straight in, are firmer and you will have the option of mounting a 2nd caliper assuming you only have the one. We have had a fair few new 600's on here recently? always good to stick one up the bigger boys (not in that way)

Alex.

Pugi
09-02-2006, 01:49 AM
Hi and welcome!
This place seems to be growing immensly lately. Could it be spring in the air?

Julie
09-02-2006, 05:40 AM
Welome to the UKMOC.

stuartg
09-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Hi and welcome, enjoy

Nice to see another lil 600

Ruth
09-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Hello, glad you could join us!

dazzi-b
09-02-2006, 07:39 AM
A warm welcome from me.

No doubt I'll meet up with you at some point this year:)

Nonnie
09-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Hello Steve. Another one for Tigerlily!

STIVH
09-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Many thanks folks,

Alex I appreciate the advice whats threebond and where can I get it from I phoned my two local bike stores and they hadn't a clue!!!

Also I have been looking at the twin brake forks from the 900,s are there any problems with sizes/ set ups to be aware of? - I think I'll start a new thread with this one!

Thanks again all, seezyah around some time.

Zimbo
09-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Hi and welcome!

I agree with the threebond advice, it's very good stuff. I have heard of problems using standard instant gasket stuff, the threebond is the one to use!
Get it from your Ducati dealer, it's not that cheap (about £8 i recall) but goes a long way and is much less effort than stripping it down again because of a leaking crankcase seal!!!

Little Monster
10-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Hello Steve. Another one for Tigerlily!

fnar fnar (sorry, really couldn't resist that one)

ahhh, another manky, welcome to the fold