PDA

View Full Version : Ride to The Ducati Fatory

small boy
08-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Hi,i am planning a ride thru france to italy,visit the factory,back along the south of france to santandar to catch a ferry home.Any info on route/roads to ride/things to see etc,any help would be great.
Cheers
David::woot:

bad-yeti
24-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Hmmmmm, curious that, my brother and I were thinking the same thing, maybe around mid May as the weather should be nice by then.

If I come up with any suggestions I will surely let you know.

When are you thinking of going, it would be great if we could get loads of the MOC to come, then I'll look into group discounts etc ;-)

Anyone interested in doing a group tour, let me know.:thumbsup:

small boy
24-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Was thinking of may/june,but only for 7 days,may be a bit of a rush,but maybe if you are planning longer we could share some of the journey ?:running:

sadbiker
26-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Go via lake annacey, over the Petit Bernard Pass, Aosti is a great place to stop, some Roman ruins and loads of hotels. Past Aosti roads are good for another 50kms but then become fairly crap, suggest then go onto the autostrada, The italians all think once behind a steering wheel they are in a sports car. We made the mistake of staying to the main roads but in the end gave up as it is heavily conjested. On way back we took Autostrada to the foorhills of Alps.

If you have autoroute I could mail you a route we used 2 years ago to look at to give ideas.

Make sure the pass is open, I am sure that it was June we went and the pass had only been open 2 weeks, at the top the roads had been cut through snow, it was like going through snow tunnels, the view is breathtaking. Had no problems in Italy getting petrol, and did find the hoteliers to be very helpful, even in one made us take our bikes over his marble lobby and park in the centre coutyard of his hotel. Found out his best mate was Called Loranzo, some beautiful photographs all round the hotel of the two familys together all round the hotel, and he was big into old english bikes.