PDA

View Full Version : UKMOC trackday 8/6/06

NattyBoy
07-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Just a quick note to draw your attention to the infamous UKMOC trackday this June.

The last 2 years have been fantastic fun and the chance for like minded enthusiasts to experience the thrill of a going round a track - wether its pootling around in the novice group just to experience what its like, or pretending to be michael rutter hooning around in the fast group !

The eevnt is fully supported by Ducati UK and a test fleet is available to take round the track.

The ticket price even includes a free lunch. Other bonuses over the past 2 years have included celebrity attendance (previous years have included Paul Smart, and ex BSB privateer champion Dave woods and current superspot 749 rider Stuart Easton (the latter 2 have even provided track instruction where reuire!!), a raffle, and the attendance of the ducati mobile exhibition truck/marquee.

It really is a fantastic fun day (no herberts on rice rockets acting like tosspots!!) and I would urge you to get your deposits off to Terry asap - as if im honest, we are a little light of fulfilling all of the places.

If you have any questions/concerns/feedback on the above feel free to reply to this and i'll respond accordingly.

See here for booking forms/details;

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/trackday06.pdf

All the best
Nat

fatbloke
07-02-2006, 06:19 PM
(no herberts on rice rockets acting like tosspots!!)
Nat

Only one Herbert allowed that'll be me then:Furious:

NattyBoy
07-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Thought that would get your attention mate....:chuckle:

Bodybag
14-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Come on lads and lasses, I've booked up for my first track day and I've now had an email saying it might be cancelled through lack of interest. :cry: There must be enough people out there who want to ride Mallory, surely?

Please?

neilp
14-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Hi, I am fairly new to Monsters, and could well be interested in this track day, how many more people are needed to make sure it goes ahead?

Neil

NattyBoy
15-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Hear Hear - come on people...remember the free lunch and the chance to take one of ducatis test fleet round the track !! :D

Nat

Jim66a
15-02-2006, 04:35 PM
My Form & Cheque will be on its way tomorrow(thurs) :)

Banshee
15-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Tiz a brill day out, and you can go as slow as ya like and no one but no one rips the p*ss, its total respect for having a go all the way.

Elmos and my deposit on the way.

Trust me you will love it.. Even Rabbit did it last year.

Jim66a
15-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Well I'm a complete novice. Having passed my test last summer, This will be my first track day!!
Did I read somewhere about camping being available at the circuit the night before?

Zimbo
15-02-2006, 04:55 PM
A few of us generally camp over the night before, outside the pub next to the circuit. few pints in the pub the night before etc, it's good!

NattyBoy
15-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Yep..just staggered back to the car with GT and kipped in there ! (it was so mild I had the window open)!

Really good atmosphere in the circuit pub the night before..:yoparty:

Nat

Jim66a
15-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Sounds good to me, I'll be there complete with tent.
I was there last year but was doing my test with Circuit Based Training who are based in the pits at Mallory, So yes it was probably me who was wobbling around the pits on a battered Bandit :dunce:

Gilps
21-02-2006, 05:57 PM
I've never been sure about track days but I think that this may have caught my attention. I've never done one before and have always had the opinion that they were just for nutters wanting to show off and go fast. However people have told me its not like that and it's good for road skills too. So I'm tempted. The other thing that appeals about this day is that its us lot going. I'll be on my own as I don't have any real friends, but this crowd on here seem friendly enough.
I have some questions though.
Where's Mallory?
Am I going to wreck my bike, tyres and anything else?
I've got leathers, but nothing that zips completely together. Whats the best way to get something cheap but safe? My wifes gonna go nuts if I buy more clothes. She reckons I've got a different jacket for every kind of weather. And now a race suit too. Yipes.
Do I have to take stuff off the bike like lights and no. plate? What if I trash my bike and can't ride home. Should I trailer the bike their so I don't ride it home knackered.
Now I remember why I haven't done this before. Help please.

Mand
21-02-2006, 06:02 PM
I've never been sure about track days but I think that this may have caught my attention. I've never done one before and have always had the opinion that they were just for nutters wanting to show off and go fast. However people have told me its not like that and it's good for road skills too. So I'm tempted. The other thing that appeals about this day is that its us lot going. I'll be on my own as I don't have any real friends, but this crowd on here seem friendly enough.
I have some questions though.
Where's Mallory?
Am I going to wreck my bike, tyres and anything else?
I've got leathers, but nothing that zips completely together. Whats the best way to get something cheap but safe? My wifes gonna go nuts if I buy more clothes. She reckons I've got a different jacket for every kind of weather. And now a race suit too. Yipes.
Do I have to take stuff off the bike like lights and no. plate? What if I trash my bike and can't ride home. Should I trailer the bike their so I don't ride it home knackered.
Now I remember why I haven't done this before. Help please.

Mallory is in Leicestershire.
Are you going to wreck your bike - maybe
Are you going to wreck your tyres, if you give it a handful possibly.
You need to have stuff to zip together - if you come off, you will regret it.
Get something cheap either from the BMF or Ebay.
Wife gonna go nuts - never mind, deal with it.
Tape up your lights when you get there.
Trailor your bike if it makes you feel better.

Just do it. It is ace fun.

By the way, I am not an expert, just giving you my opinion.

Somebody else will come along I am sure with better advice. :D

Zimbo
21-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Just do it Gilps!

1. You won't wreck your bike unless you fall off. There's no pressure to go faster than you want to or feel safe at, we're split into three groups and you can start in the slow group, and move up to intermediate or even fast if it suits you better. Just ride to your own speed and develop gradually, you'll soon find you can corner harder than you previously thought you could, and your appreciation of handling ability will carry over to road riding and make you safer I'm sure.

Tyres - should be fine, make sure you've got plenty of tread. My tyres last year (diablos) did 4100 miles including 4 track days.

Clothing - borrow some or buy a suit off ebay and sell it on again afterwards!

Mike mods - tape up lights and indicators with duct tape, remove the mirrors, that's about it.

Gilps
22-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Does the clothing have to be one-piece? I've got a Furygan jacket which has a zip at the back to attach trousers, but does it have to be a zip all-round a) for safety and b)to comply with regulations?

Matt Black
22-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Needs to be fully zipped together really. It's like insurace, you don't want it until you need it.

Not so much about regulations tho - nobody has checked my gear in the last two years. It appears to be your responsibility.

If I were you I wouldn't bother buying another suit or whatever, you can buy zips from fabric shops and get them sewn in - less hassle unless you are in the market for another suit.

The ebay idea is good but they might not fit!!