PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Nattyboy - Your new Wiltshire rep(robate)!!

NattyBoy
06-02-2006, 11:29 AM
If your taking a look in the Wiltshire section for the first time, then a big welcome, from me, and if your a newbie, then an even bigger welcome to :ukm: - the very best in friendly biker forums (BTW if you are new then a pint of stella at the 'virtual bar' would be rather nice :drunk:

Most of you may be aware but ive been a supporter of the club for a few years now, but have in the past tapped into the gloucestershie section for all of the rideout activity/meets etc.

That said, it would be nice if we could rustle up a few local wiltshireites (as we will be known from now!) faces to perhaps link up with the Glos lot, and feel free to PM me if you've got any good ideas for the coming season !

This is me with my son connor...dont be put off by the pic...im not gay or owt...:ymca: :chuckle:

Hope to see you soon..!

Nat:thumbsup:

Gilps
06-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Well done for taking up the challenge. It's nice to see we now have local representation. You can count me in for fun and frolics. Sorry, just come on here from another site. I'm fairly new on here and was planning to catch up with the Gloucester mob at some point. I'll still do that too. You're in Swindon aren't you? I'm in Minety, near Malmesbury although I work in Swindon.
Looking forward to rideouts in warmer weather.

NattyBoy
06-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks Gilps...yep, Swindon (Priory Vale way), although I grew up in Cricklade just down the road from you (where my parents still live).

Roll on the nice weather anyway..oh, and good colour choice on the S2R !
cool:

Gilps
06-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Following on from the Kent lot, should we have our own patch made up. Something that represent Wiltshire, old and new. Like a chav in a Honda Civic doing donuts round Stonehenge.:)

Matt Black
06-02-2006, 01:31 PM
I might be wrong but Wiltshire might share Dorset's lack of numbers.

Not that I think that Monsters have much in common with traditional public transport, but a recent sighting of a bus with Wilts and Dorset on it gave me an idea that the two counties might come up with enough bods for their own rideout one day?

Bodybag
06-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi, I know it says London on my pers blurb but I live in Trowbridge sometimes, at least my ex-wife, children and all my belongings do. :cens: It would be good to ride out on the rare occasions the ex isn't hitting me with sticks!! Can you put me down as an associate member or something? Phil :mand:

Shandy
06-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Wow a Wiltshire section with stuff in, nice one Nat!

I'll be up for a few bits and bobs this year. I plan to get on the bike alot more than previous years as i finally finish off a part time degree in May :D which will free up tonnes of spare time.

Plus my little monsters just been properly sorted out by Lougi Moto, ride height raised, serviced by someone who knows what there up to etc......

Cheers,

Shandy

Duncan
07-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Well done Nattyboy.

Its nice to see the counties beginning to join up, lets hope the locals get out to support you and you know you can rely on us lot.

NattyBoy
07-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Well..were looking good people !!! Spoke to El presidente today and hes sending me all your e-mails which will hopefully enable me to communicate with you all easier. I am also well known for 'spur of the moment' sunday morning greasy spoon runs as the wife is still knocking out zeds which means I dont get nagged :D

Id also like to take this opportunity to let you know about the regular meets Duncan has lined up as I intend to attend as many as possible - always a good turnout and the meetups at Ducati Bristol are an exciting development allowing us access to the board room for meetings if we need to and the chance to abuse...I mean test the ducati demo bike fleet :thumbsup:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=8714&d=1137966274

JR
07-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Well done Nat - you might even encourage Billybigwheels back out into Monsterland with his Multistrada.

NattyBoy
07-02-2006, 07:05 PM
:chuckle: :chuckle: Well done Nat - you might even encourage Billybigwheels back out into Monsterland with his Multistrada.

Dont be silly JR...!!! Thought he'd uned to the dark side anyway and got a jap bike..??!!

Be great to hear from him..havent spoken to him in yonks !!

Nat

Duncan
11-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Id also like to take this opportunity to let you know about the regular meets Duncan has lined up as I intend to attend as many as possible - always a good turnout and the meetups at Ducati Bristol are an exciting development allowing us access to the board room for meetings if we need to and the chance to abuse...I mean test the ducati demo bike fleet :thumbsup:

Thanks for the plug Nat.
Its worth a try and has the backing of the local DOCGB branch and everyone at Riders.
It seems to work for the Harley riders with huge numbers at the dealers on their days so lets hope Ducati riders will come and show their faces. As with all things like this, 'If you dont use it, you lose it' and Ducati Bristol will support us for as long as we turn out in sufficient numbers. I see it as a great opportunity to catch new owners and bring them into the fold, considering how many Monsters sell from Bristol we get very few in this club.

robht
11-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Good one Nattyboy!

I moved to Pewsey last year from Sussex - I used to ride with JMo and the intrepid sussex monsters.

You can count me in for much riding.

Fosse Foxfight
11-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Well hello from the west of your region and do be careful to wipe your tyres before you enter our manor eh? And change your pants

ta ra

BoozyBOB
11-02-2006, 01:20 PM
well done natty.. :hail:
i hope to get over for some of your ride outs this year..good luck mate

Stafford
07-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Hi Nat,
Just got me Monster S4, look forward to a ride out some time in the near future.
Cheers
quarxuk (Bath,Somerset.(Not Avon, never was)):banghead:

giler
08-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Hi Natty Boy and others,
I have just joined the forum and pick up my first Duke (2000 900 Dark)
this saturday - to say I can't wait is a slight understatement!!
Live in Swindon, be good to hear what's going on and meet up.
cheers
Giler

robht
08-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Hi Giler,

Welcome! Looks like you've got the weather sorted for your new arrival.

If you fancy getting in some miles on Sunday, have a look at the thread for Boozy Bob's tour of Hampshire - it's always a good run.

I'm going, I live between Pewsey & Marlborough. Let me know if you're interested and we could meet up for the run over to Alton.

giler
08-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi Rob,
Sounds like a possiblilty, what sort of time you setting out?
Giler

robht
09-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Hi Giler,

I'm meeting Bunny at Andover at 9:30. If you want to meet for the ride down to Andover, I'll be at the Petrol station on the A345 on the way out of Pewsey towards Salisbury at 8:50 leaving at 8:55. Let me know what you think.

giler
09-06-2006, 03:57 PM
That maybe a bit early for me, I have two small boys to sort out
(my sons before any accussing replies!!).
But thanks for letting me know, if I can make it I will meet you there but don't
hang on for me.
Have a good ride if I can't make it.
Giler

Dorisduc
23-05-2008, 11:00 PM
HI

Just purchased an S4 and its been a while since I owned a DUC!

Natty, you might remember me living in Toothill a few years ago.. You sold me a nice set of exhausts for my monster Dark..

See if you recognise her or the exhausts in this piccie.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c363/ladyridercymru/Me/d2.jpg

Do you still sell parts?

Mandy
x

NattyBoy
24-05-2008, 05:13 PM
HI

Just purchased an S4 and its been a while since I owned a DUC!

Natty, you might remember me living in Toothill a few years ago.. You sold me a nice set of exhausts for my monster Dark..

See if you recognise her or the exhausts in this piccie.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c363/ladyridercymru/Me/d2.jpg

Do you still sell parts?

Mandy
x

me ? sell parts - youve got the wrong bloke - ahem !!

Yes I remember mand...good to see you back...yes im still peddling a few wares !

S4Rs MacK
29-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Hi Nat,

Have been in Corsham for a year now and am lookin to get out n about wi some more Monnies.
My email has changed to the one on the forum. Its now
dean.mackenzie1@gmail.com
Drop me a line if owts goin on, I'm up for gettin 2getha

NattyBoy
30-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi Dean - no probs - just keep your eye in on the wilts bit mate !

Nat

lisyloo
06-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Anyone going on the Wiltshire Bikers rideout on Sunday? (8th March).

From the Salutaion Inn (10 for 10:30) going down to the Hunters Lodge at Wincanton.
Stopping off to pick people up at Warminster services at 11:00.

BTW - if you want to come you should read their rules.
Also let them know you are coming (so they can let you know of any changes).

MonstaChicky
06-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Well I'm away down in Minehead at the moment, but my Monster lives in Weston in my bloke's garage! And I am moving there to be with him soon (the Monster that is hehe)...so not too far over...

RedVee
06-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Anyone going on the Wiltshire Bikers rideout on Sunday? (8th March).

From the Salutaion Inn (10 for 10:30) going down to the Hunters Lodge at Wincanton.
Stopping off to pick people up at Warminster services at 11:00.

BTW - if you want to come you should read their rules.
Also let them know you are coming (so they can let you know of any changes).

Is this still on with the weather forcast?

lisyloo
09-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Is this still on with the weather forcast?

Yes the rideout went ahead.
There was a short period of showers, but we avoided most of the worst weather at lunchtime.
It was quite blustery, but in the end the weather was quite nice, although there were 18 quite dirty bikes.

Rally
26-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Is there still anyone around looking after or sorting things for the Wiltshire group? No posts for over a year!
It seems we need to sort ourselves out or merge with another group. Come on, how many of us are there in Wiltshire now? List starts below;

Rally
Liz_62

chris yeatman
26-05-2010, 07:46 PM
hi all, i am a wiltshire member but hampshire seems to be the place to be.

doesnt liz_62 go off with the kenties?????

Rally
26-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Chris,
I just think that we should have our own group identity even if we join others for runs out etc. I'm sure there are plenty in Wiltshire really. I know of about 10 already. It will be interesting to see how many and who responds to my post................

chris yeatman
26-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Chris,
I just think that we should have our own group identity even if we join others for runs out etc. I'm sure there are plenty in Wiltshire really. I know of about 10 already. It will be interesting to see how many and who responds to my post................

worth a go mate, cos nothing happens here!!!!

chris yeatman
26-05-2010, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=Rally;351252] Come on, how many of us are there in Wiltshire now? List starts below;

Rally
Liz_62
chris yeatman

gary tompkins
26-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Chris,

Getting an area with good local support working is never easy. I don't think Natty has the time to be pro-active on the rep side, but if you guys wanna make things happen contact him. As long as he's kept in the loop I'm sure he'll be cool with others taking the lead.

It helps to have a regular meet of sorts, then team up with other sections for events. If you've plenty of monster riders in your area, and they are keen to get invilved then thing will take off.

Kent was pretty dead when I took it on, but it's worth sticking with it to see an area grow.

Rally
26-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Getting an area with good local support working is never easy. I don't think Natty has the time to be pro-active on the rep side, but if you guys wanna make things happen contact him. As long as he's kept in the loop I'm sure he'll be cool with others taking the lead.

It helps to have a regular meet of sorts, then team up with other sections for events. If you've plenty of monster riders in your area, and they are keen to get invilved then thing will take off.

Kent was pretty dead when I took it on, but it's worth sticking with it to see an area grow.

I agree, but every area deserves and needs a proactive rep to work well. Natty will read this thread soon and i'm sure he will agree. We want to work with others to make it work.

Pedro
26-05-2010, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=Rally;351252] Come on, how many of us are there in Wiltshire now? List starts below;

Rally
Liz_62
chris yeatman

Rally
Liz_62
chris yeatman
Pedro
Jules

Mr Free Market
26-05-2010, 10:13 PM

Rally
Liz_62
chris yeatman

Rally
Liz_62
chris yeatman
Mr Free Market

chris yeatman
26-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Rally
Liz_62
chris yeatman
pedro
jules
Mr Free Market

walpole68
27-05-2010, 07:41 AM
And me

Rally
Liz_62
chris yeatman
pedro
jules
Mr Free Market
Walpole68

Gilps
27-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Rally
Liz_62
chris yeatman
pedro
jules
Mr Free Market
Walpole68
Gilps

Fugly
27-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi Natty,

Well when I am not in Berlin, I am based just outside Faringdon so am more than happy to cross the border and join you for a run when I am either in the Country or have enough warning and can get it on the calendar.

Relocating of job back to the UK could see me as a permanent Wiltshirite which would be cool as the raods in Wilts are top ;o)

Grab, Rally by the throat as he is in Devizes and his S4RS is far too clean! I am only jealous as I couldn't afford an RS so bought his S4R.

Take care

Fugly

Rally
27-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Grab, Rally by the throat as he is in Devizes and his S4RS is far too clean! I am only jealous as I couldn't afford an RS so bought his S4R. Fugly

It ain't anymore Phil, I have half of Wiltshire and Dorsets flies on the front of it now! It was clean when you saw it because it hadn't been out.............

They're not for looking at, riding is where it's at!

gary tompkins
27-05-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm often down in Wiltshire visiting my family in Melksham

Will keep an eye on the events listings to see if anything coincides with a trip

Pedro
27-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm often down in Wiltshire visiting my family in Melksham

Ahhh, that explains a lot.....

:chuckle:

Actually if you fancy a beer when you're down this way, Jules & I are only about 15-20 minutes from Melksham

gary tompkins
28-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Ahhh, that explains a lot.....

:chuckle:

Actually if you fancy a beer when you're down this way, Jules & I are only about 15-20 minutes from Melksham
I'm not from those parts - Kentie (Dartford) born and bred :yoparty:

Will try to pop in for a visit if I'm down your way

Liz
29-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Let's get our 'act' together! BTW, I love the 'Hampsters'! :kiss:

I'm originally from Surrey, so where does that leave me?

Rally
29-05-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm originally from Surrey, so where does that leave me?

Completely and utterly lost!!!!!!