PDA

View Full Version : RIP Bobby

Pugi
03-02-2006, 06:17 PM
So...my best and most loyal friend has finally kicked the bucket. 16½ years is overtime, even for a Jack Russell - however things still feel rotten.
I'm going to get severely inebriated now. Thank God it's a Friday. :drunk:

Paranoid Dave
03-02-2006, 06:28 PM
blimey, that makes him 110. You can't deny him a final rest after that. Seems to be a sad weekend for pets. :worried:

bigredduke
03-02-2006, 06:59 PM
So...my best and most loyal friend has finally kicked the bucket. 16½ years is overtime, even for a Jack Russell - however things still feel rotten.
I'm going to get severely inebriated now. Thank God it's a Friday. :drunk:

Very sorry to hear of your sad loss, their love is unconditional unlike humans.

A Yerbury
03-02-2006, 07:17 PM
I had to put my own doberman puppy to sleep aged 17 (me with the needle aged 17 ..Ajax was just a puppy) Despite the Harvey thread (hmm now locked down by the forum nannies) I do know how animals affect people, I have had many pets and for some reason they all died (note to self purchase Elephant and / or Parrot) still he (Bobby) probably had a good innings and hopefully had a pain free exit? which TBH is the best that any of us can hope for?! Go and adopt another one, it will do you both the world of good.

A.

Mand
03-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Aww that is sad. I would be gutted if I lost my hound.

So sorry. :(

manwithredbike
06-02-2006, 10:31 PM
i only read your post now. had a similar, but probably lighter slap a few days ago also. hope you got appropriately inebriated as i did. hope you feel better soon. as another member said, get another furry friend soon. they grow on us v. quickly and ease the strain.

BoozyBOB
06-02-2006, 11:53 PM
just read this and i am thinking of your feelings..... i lost my little best friend(yorkie/lakeland cross) when she was 17...but worst was my gold lab..2 years old trained for the gun and died at Xmas with lokemia..(spelling)..:worried:

Pugi
07-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks for your words...however, now I'm really furious.
Bobby certainly had good innings. He was christmas present of the year in 1989 and the circle was completed during this last christmas when I last met him. Allready 6 months old when he became a member of the family (he too was the unwanted in the pack), he quickly fitted right in being a petrolhead and instantly became bilingual like the rest of us. Being the smallest lad in the village was not easy at times but this friend actually stood up for me. I'd rather face a pack of wolves than a terrier with a personal grudge. Unfortunatly I had to educate myself and couldn't spend time with him as much as I wanted to. I always felt guilty about it but he was still happy to see me when I was around and he never complained. He later stayed with my grandparents to 'keep them alive'. They had the same pace of life and he got them out of the house for well needed walks. So how was he thanked?
Mother called (as they do) to tell me about his passing, not knowing dad sent news in an e-mail. I had come to terms with life and gotten over the hangover when she deals a 2nd blow. When asking if he went peacefully at home she replied "-That's what I wanted to tell you." ???

Apparently the old b astard for a grandfather that I have took him to the vet and had him put down because he thought he was 'too old'. He was no puppy, but in good shape and never in pain. Dying dogs, people, whatever, in pain I'll gladly give the needle myself and let them die with dignity, but alive and well? Maybe I should take the old man to the vet myself for he is well over 80 himself... Worst of all...he neither conferred nor told anyone and let no-one say goodbye. Just called when it was done. At least I had a feeling when I saw him for christmas and made sure we had a good few days, but the rest of the family? Even though it was 'my' dog he was, and will always be, a member of the family, loved by all. And this selfish son of a b itch single handedly disposes of him with no warning. My sisters have been crying for 4 days and counting...

Someone is not getting a birthday card.