PDA

View Full Version : Squires Sunday 5th

dazzi-b
02-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Howdy all the Yorkshire Puddings:)

Are any of you heading to Squires this Sunday 5th. The forcast gives out nice and dry and not too nippy.

I hope to be there about 12:30ish....................and yes.............I know I can just freewheel down the hill from Sherburn but I'll be stopping at Squires after a ride out Sunday morning:eyepopping:

bigredduke
02-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Howdy all the Yorkshire Puddings:)

Are any of you heading to Squires this Sunday 5th. The forcast gives out nice and dry and not too nippy.

I hope to be there about 12:30ish....................and yes.............I know I can just freewheel down the hill from Sherburn but I'll be stopping at Squires after a ride out Sunday morning:eyepopping:

Hoping to be there if:

a) the roads are dry and salt-free
b) it's not too cold
c) my wife lets me!

I'll be wearing a pink carnation in my left lapel.

Jim66a
02-02-2006, 10:16 PM
I would have had a run over to Squires, But its my son's birthday so it's an afternoon at Charlie Chalks instead :(

DesmoDog
02-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Charlie Chalks, nice. Take him to squires - its a pub and its got bikes.

I'll try and get there weather permitting. A long ride is about due.

Tigerlily
02-02-2006, 11:44 PM
I'll be there!

I never thought to post a thread in "Yorkshire"! :banghead:

Yorkie
02-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Yep unless it is snowing ill be there!

Does the shop at squires do show number plates? Mines a bit cracked at the moment!

Yorkie.

Where are you going for the ride out before???

dazzi-b
03-02-2006, 05:59 AM
Yep unless it is snowing ill be there!

Does the shop at squires do show number plates? Mines a bit cracked at the moment!

Yorkie.

Where are you going for the ride out before???

Hiya,

I'm not sure if Squires (Speedstyle) do show plates Try this place for your plates www.bike-plate.com :)

I'll be coming in from Manchester on Sunday morning and will be meeting up with any of the Mancs that are riding over (prob just Tigerlily):mand:

dazzi-b
03-02-2006, 06:05 AM
..........I never thought to post a thread in "Yorkshire"! :banghead:

That's only because you thought none of us can read over here:dunce: :D

When all of the Yorkshire lot get together I'm sure we'll have a usable IQ :D

dlloyduk
03-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Charlie Chalks, nice. Take him to squires - its a pub and its got bikes.

I'll try and get there weather permitting. A long ride is about due.

Mr. Dog Depending on weather and alcohol related illness I may head down to Squires on Sunday. I think you are from oop norf east way do ya fancy meeting up?

Tigerlily
03-02-2006, 09:23 PM
That's only because you thought none of us can read over here:dunce: :D

When all of the Yorkshire lot get together I'm sure we'll have a usable IQ :D

Not true at all, in fact I'm rather impressed with your literacy skills....you even spelt my name right!

The only word you seem to have trouble reading is "open" on your wallet!:p :mand:

HotT
03-02-2006, 09:38 PM
I may be there ... depends whether the little fella curled up asleep on the sofa next to me burning a fever is well enough to be left for half an hour with his big brother. [awwww, bless!]
If so, I'm on the red / green S2R & it'll be parked next to a yellow GS
If not - catch you next time
:spin:

dazzi-b
03-02-2006, 09:48 PM
I may be there ... depends whether the little fella curled up asleep on the sofa next to me burning a fever is well enough to be left for half an hour with his big brother. [awwww, bless!]
If so, I'm on the red / green S2R & it'll be parked next to a yellow GS
If not - catch you next time
:spin:

It'll be nice to see and meet you if you do turn up but not to worry if you can't, they'll be many more runs planned......the next planned one is March19th:)

Yorkie
03-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Mines a Black and red M600 with an Alien headlight fairing and rear led lights!!

Oh and a big skinhead next to it!! Just giving you the option to avoid me!

Yorkie.

bod
04-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Howdy all the Yorkshire Puddings

Who are you calling a pudding!

Wabbitkilla
04-02-2006, 09:58 PM
If the weather's good, and as i'm not out on the raz tonight, and the bike starts - i'll be there. Hopefully my bits will still be attached in the cold!

Tigerlily
04-02-2006, 10:07 PM
I've just checked on the weather and it looks fine to me http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/tomorrow.asp?zipcode=ls25 :bunny:

See you all tomorrow!

Yorkie
04-02-2006, 10:14 PM
I must remember to warm the tyres up before giving it a handfull!

No grip,cold tyres = sideways slide!!

Cool if your Rossi ..... clean pants for me!!

Yorkie.

bod
04-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Hmm 4 degrees is fine with me I now have some inner gloves for my summer gloves thanks to SYP.

See you all 2morrow bright and breezzzzey....1st coffee is for my hands:chuckle:

Wabbitkilla
05-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Call me a wuss if you like, but it's pretty damp here and I don't want the bike caked in cack. So to avoid smothering her in salt i'm not coming along.

Yorkie
05-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Yep went to to nearest petrol station and it looked as if i had gone via the fields!

Still while there is water in the taps it can be cleaned again!!

So ill be there!

Yorkie.

bod
05-02-2006, 11:12 AM
On me way...now where are those gloves?????

Yorkie
05-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Nice to see you all at Squires. I think everyone was a bit surprised to see a gang of monsters.

However the fact that you all washed your bikes and didn't invite me was a bit jack!

Your monsters were all spanking and mine looked like i travelled via the fields pulling a plough!

Yorkie.

See you all soon, in March.

bod
05-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Nice to see you all at Squires. I think everyone was a bit surprised to see a gang of monsters.

However the fact that you all washed your bikes and didn't invite me was a bit jack!

Your monsters were all spanking and mine looked like i travelled via the fields pulling a plough!

Yorkie.

See you all soon, in March.

Nice to see a few new faces.

The art to a clean bike is skillfull riding (avoiding the puddles).

Was it just me that got soaked on the way home?

dazzi-b
05-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Howdy all the Yorkshire Puddings

Who are you calling a pudding!

Obviously not you Mark.................your like one of those Aunt Bessies Large 4 Minute Puddings compared to me.............an Aunt Bessie’s
Tidgy Pud :mand: :mand:

http://www.trytonfoods.co.uk/products/auntbessiesrange.asp

Nice to see you all and hope to catch up with you all again soon:)

Tigerlily
05-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Call me a wuss if you like, but it's pretty damp here and I don't want the bike caked in cack. So to avoid smothering her in salt i'm not coming along.

WUSS!.......... :mand:

fatbloke
05-02-2006, 05:58 PM
WUSS!.......... :mand:
Who and how many braved the weather and turned up
any pics?

Tigerlily
05-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Those who braved the weather were

dazzi-b
Bod
Boppy
Hot-T (Sue)
Yorkie
Scott Wardell (little Scotty)
me

I forgot to take any photo's :banghead: I'll remember next time!..... Did anyone else get any?

bigredduke
05-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Apologies for not turning up, the roads were registering wet on my patented Dampo-Meter and Janet persuaded me that there were more useful activities to be done around the house and garden.

Hope you all had a good afternoon.

Next time praps?

Yorkie
05-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Just finished cleaning the bike, blood farmers and other dirt carrying vehicles.

Still got to clean the back of my leathers, covered in mud and i didnt even fall off. And i havent got a tail chop.

Yorkie.

Just got to polish it now!

Tigerlily
05-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Keep an eye on the boards Paul, we'll be out again soon!

You'oe going to polish it too Yorkie?.....Mine was lucky to get a quick hose down when I got back! If my kids are good I might let them clean it properly tomorrow :chuckle:

Yorkie
05-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Their little hands can get inbetween the frame and engine, just give them a pair of woolly gloves, one covered in polish and one dry!

Wax on, wax off!!!

Yorkie.

Tigerlily
05-02-2006, 07:11 PM
What an ingenious idea Yorkie! I never thought about giving them gloves - I'll give it a try :mand:

bigredduke
05-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Did you see any sun at Squires today? It was relentlessly grey & damp in the East of the county!

Yorkie
05-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Even darker with the tinted visor on!!

Yorkie.

bod
05-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Even darker with the tinted visor on!!

Yorkie.

Did see the sun once....but was passing a newsagent at the time!

I would say it's time to get me coat but im wearing it already:rolleyes:

HotT
05-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Was really nice to meet you all today ~ I did feel a bit of a fraud having travelled less than 2 miles to Squires [but I did manage 180 miles yesterday to Scarborough / Whitby / Guiseborough / Stokesley / Helmsley / Thirsk / Sherburn, honest!] but at least my bike still looked clean when it got there :mand: <<s******>>

Hope you all got thawed out when you got home ... will try to catch you on another event [even if the blue flashing light on my shoulder stops me riding with you!]

suz

HotT
05-02-2006, 09:00 PM
oh dear ... your anti-racism filter stopped me from posting ... s ****** isn't me being dead rude ... picture mutley from wacky races having a laff & you'll know what I was trying to say ... oh never mind, I'll just go creep under the nearest rock :twak:

bod
05-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Was really nice to meet you all today ~ I did feel a bit of a fraud having travelled less than 2 miles to Squires [but I did manage 180 miles yesterday to Scarborough / Whitby / Guiseborough / Stokesley / Helmsley / Thirsk / Sherburn, honest!] but at least my bike still looked clean when it got there :mand: <<s******>>

Hope you all got thawed out when you got home ... will try to catch you on another event [even if the blue flashing light on my shoulder stops me riding with you!]

suz

Doesn't a quick flash of a warrant card, or do you know who my ......is work, does for me? Only in South Yorkshire though;)

Scotty
05-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Doesn't a quick flash of a warrant card, or do you know who my ......is work, does for me? Only in South Yorkshire though;)

also usefull for shock of life effect for those not in the know :on:

HotT
06-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Flashing in public? Who me?
How the VERY dare you :chuckle:

I think "do you know ......." is more likely to get me locked up than let off. Could be worth a go though!

bod
06-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Flashing in public? Who me?
How the VERY dare you :chuckle:

I think "do you know ......." is more likely to get me locked up than let off. Could be worth a go though!

Personaly I never flash anything (except in certain well know parks after dark):rolleyes: