PDA

View Full Version : S4 TPS Angle

Shauns4
02-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi, anyone know what the equivalent throttle position sensor angle is for 150mV output? I can measure the angle easliy but no so the 150mV, the factory manual doesn't give an angle for the throttle valve closed position which is the 150mV, for greater openings voltages and angles are given but the relationship is non linear so you can't pro-rata it.

Not sure if when the throttle valve is closed that it correlates exactly to zero degrees.

Shaun

bod
02-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Hi, anyone know what the equivalent throttle position sensor angle is for 150mV output? I can measure the angle easliy but no so the 150mV, the factory manual doesn't give an angle for the throttle valve closed position which is the 150mV, for greater openings voltages and angles are given but the relationship is non linear so you can't pro-rata it.

Not sure if when the throttle valve is closed that it correlates exactly to zero degrees.

Shaun

Is the TPS sensor a switch or pot/variable resitor etc..
If switch then I imagine you could hear a click when manualy opening throttle,if a pot then shouldn't the readings be in Ohm's?

Shauns4
02-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Is the TPS sensor a switch or pot/variable resitor etc..
If switch then I imagine you could hear a click when manualy opening throttle,if a pot then shouldn't the readings be in Ohm's?

It's a variable resistor but the problem is it's output is not proportional to the throttle angle, the manual only gives a voltage output reading for setting its position, to measure 150mV +- 15 mV you need an accurate multi-meter or a Mathesis, I do however have the software/harware to check the angle but I don't know what the volts equate to as an angle. Alternatively I could buy an accuarate mV Mulitmeter!

Shaun

bod
03-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Yep there about a tenner for a cheap one.

Shauns4
03-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Yep there about a tenner for a cheap one.

where from? I can't find any that go down to 150mV without looking at something like a fluke which is a little more than a tenner!

bod
04-02-2006, 10:17 AM
where from? I can't find any that go down to 150mV without looking at something like a fluke which is a little more than a tenner!

Yep I stand corrected(quickly looking at his multimeter at home)

I am used to the fluke meter/occiloscope at work you could set it up with this if you are realy stuck.

Rockhopper
09-02-2006, 07:45 AM
How about this one.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=37279&criteria=Digital%20Multimeters&doy=9m2

Shauns4
09-02-2006, 07:27 PM
How about this one.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=37279&criteria=Digital%20Multimeters&doy=9m2

Accurate to +/- 3.75 mV @ 150 mV which is more than good enough!

Thanks

Shaun

Shauns4
09-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Yep I stand corrected(quickly looking at his multimeter at home)

I am used to the fluke meter/occiloscope at work you could set it up with this if you are realy stuck.

thanks for the offer, the Maplin meter seems ok providing it does what it says on the label and its cheap!

Shaun