PDA

View Full Version : noobie

Nim
31-01-2006, 08:37 PM
so, im another new monster rider(M600 red)....thought it might be a plan to introduce myself to all you crazy kids...

im nim and im 26 and have wanted a monster for as long as i can remember wanting anything, except maybe when i had a run on an R1 and ended up leaving my eyebrows and most of the rest of me for dust once the bike hit 130 mph....i REALLY wanted that one, but alas i couldnt reach the bloody ground and decided it best to not try n break my neck at high speeds.

so, ive only been riding for a few (wet, cold, windy and icy) months and am still a complete novice, but cant wait for the spring and summer fun so i can finally take some corners without fear of iminent death from black ice (and london cabbies).

um...i think thats pretty much it...hi everyone!

Albie
31-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Welcome. I have played with other bikes but a monster is cool whatever. Yes I do want a 9** but want both
You may be able to meet loads of us as your near kent. Which part of London then. Slob lives in london:drunk:

Andy

Tigerlily
31-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi Nim

Welcome to the club!

You're going to have sooooooo much fun on your bike once the weather warms up!

scott wardell
31-01-2006, 08:44 PM
so, im another new monster rider(M600 red)....thought it might be a plan to introduce myself to all you crazy kids...

im nim and im 26 and have wanted a monster for as long as i can remember wanting anything, except maybe when i had a run on an R1 and ended up leaving my eyebrows and most of the rest of me for dust once the bike hit 130 mph....i REALLY wanted that one, but alas i couldnt reach the bloody ground and decided it best to not try n break my neck at high speeds.

so, ive only been riding for a few (wet, cold, windy and icy) months and am still a complete novice, but cant wait for the spring and summer fun so i can finally take some corners without fear of iminent death from black ice (and london cabbies).

um...i think thats pretty much it...hi everyone!

pleased to meet ya!, might see ya at the monster weekend or a track day!
I know what ya mean about them R1's n' R6's, I had an R6 for about 3 months, decided to get rid of it before it either took off or I killed myself.

scott

Nonnie
31-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey Nim, we share the same first name. Do people really call you Nim like they really call me Nonnie?

Welcome

Pugi
31-01-2006, 08:53 PM
I decided to get a sensible first bike too and haven't regretted this monster thing once. :thumbsup:
Welcome!

steviej
31-01-2006, 10:18 PM
....................from up norf!!!

Welcome Naomi :cool:

Julie
01-02-2006, 06:11 AM
WElcome to the UKMOC.

stuartg
01-02-2006, 06:58 AM
WElcome to the UKMOC.

Welcome to the club Nim.....you crazy kid !!
Have fun

Ruth
01-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Huloooo Nim!

Ade
01-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Guday Nim, and welcome

Mand
01-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Hello Nim! Welcome! :D

MilesB
01-02-2006, 08:04 AM
Welcome Nim :bunny:

If you are on the right side of London;) , come down to play in Kent:spin: ... check out the Regional Areas to find out what is going on near to you (even if you are north of the river).

Miles

slob
01-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Welcome Nim :bunny:

If you are on the right side of London;) , come down to play in Kent:spin: ... check out the Regional Areas to find out what is going on near to you (even if you are north of the river.

Miles
Oi, I'm Norf of the river and I still come out to play more than Sammy Sicknote!

Oh and welcome Nim, wherever you are in the big smoke.

You can also find Monsterers up at the Ace Cafe most Italian nights(2nd Thursday of the month)

MilesB
01-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Oi, I'm Norf of the river and I still come out to play more than Sammy Sicknote!
THe exception that proves every rule... at least you are east of Turkey Wharf :mand:

Headhunter
01-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Hi Nim. Welcome to the club!

I've recently bought an M620ie myself and am fairly new on this site as well. Everyone has been really helpful when it comes to advice + a bit of good ol' banter is thrown in for free.

If you ever want to meet up with a fellow Monsterer in London to check out some of those less busy roads - drop me a line.

Enjoy!

Nim
01-02-2006, 08:18 PM
well thanks everyone, you've made me feel most welcome....and in answer to some of you, i live in norf london innit....but am mving back to the south side of the river in due course....all friends, family are there...and it beats biking thru london all the bloody time, which is bound to kill me eventually. if i wanted to be a courier, id ve bought a Bandit.

im definitely up a ride anytime anyones free...im a v new rider, and need some serious clocking up of miles...

the ace cafe sounds like a plan too....anyone here do the bulldog bash? i go most yrs....always a laugh, except the ride home...v hungover and wobbly last year (pretty much 1st time riding my bike!)

geecy1
01-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Welcome Nim,see you at the shoot Sun.

Pugi
01-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Well..when you get to the south side I'd be happy to meet up for a ride. I'm rather new myself so no high expectations had or given.

gary tompkins
01-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Hi Nim,

Look forward to seeing down in Kent at some point. Any thoughts on visiting Arrow Mill in May or Mallory in June yet?

Nim
02-02-2006, 05:51 PM
i would absolutely love to do both...which i guess means i will be! do you know what the story is with accomodation? are there certain places people know of to stay....espec for Arrow mill....sounds like a weekender to me...

Tigerlily
02-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi Nim, you could try the Travelodge at Alcester - that's where I'll be staying. It's not too far away (within walking/staggering distance) and you can still make arrangements to eat at Arrow Mill. :)

Nim
02-02-2006, 07:03 PM
excellent thanks! would it be a plan to get booking with that soon?

Tigerlily
02-02-2006, 07:34 PM
I've got mine booked. I don't think too many people stayed there last year and I don't know how big it is so I'd book it now if I were you - just to be on the safe side.
You need to leave some card details with them but you don't pay for it until you're there.

You can camp at the Mill too but I'm too fond of my comforts for that! :chuckle:

Nim
02-02-2006, 08:29 PM
ill do that then...thanks!

Tigerlily
02-02-2006, 10:10 PM
You're welcome Nim! Glad I could help :mand:

Nonnie
03-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Nim, I will be staying at the Travelodge too. We can get real drunk and guess which one of us people are calling! I booked my room there ages ago, just did it online and left card details with them. It's unlikely I will make it to the Mill for breakfast but I'm told there is a Little Chef opposite but I will be having my evening meal at the Mill. On the booking form for the Mill is this option, so you just need to fill that in and send it off. If I don't see you before, then I'll see you there. It's a good weekend and you'll have a laugh. Promise.

Nim
03-02-2006, 08:46 AM
hey nonnie, thats great...we could really confuse people by calling each other 'naomi' and then answering to the wrong nicknames...(im already lost...)
ill get onto the mill about booking forms and sort out accomodation too. i think its v unlikely ill be making it anywhere at all for breakfast, so little chef will prob be the plan...do people tend to stay the fri, and sat night and then go back on the sunday? or stay the sun night too?

Nonnie
03-02-2006, 01:41 PM
I'll put a link here for all the information you need. It starts Friday night and finishes Monday morning. It's the May Day Bank Holiday so it's possible if your only worry is a 9 to 5 job! If you can't make the whole weekend at least get there for the National Rideout on the Sunday. There were about 60 monsters there last year and they all rumbled off to a nice pub for lunch. Me? I sat on the back of a Valkyrie in a leather armchair and waved at people periodically with one hand. I'd broken the other one the day before y'see! Must try not to do anything stoopid this year. Well, when I say stoopid, I really only mean I must not do anything that makes me unable to ride my bike.

Here's the link..

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=14597

And this is the one to book your room at the Travelodge. Have a check to see if there any single beds available at the Mill, you will have to share with others as there aren't any single occupancy rooms left and I'm not sure there are any spaces left in the female shared occupancy rooms but hey!!!

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/180/StratfordAlcester

stuartg
03-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm actually comin up just for the ride out..........and lunch of course

MilesB
03-02-2006, 01:53 PM
ill do that then...thanks!
Nim,

If you want to travel up on the Friday, you can tag a long with the Kent Mob - who will be going past you one way or another... just listen out for 6 Monsters (+1 spare wheel) + TDM + Thunderbird.
Seriously, if you want to join a ride up, just keep an eye on the Kent section, or PM me nearer the time.

Miles

slob
03-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Nim,

If you want to travel up on the Friday, you can tag a long with the Kent Mob - who will be going past you one way or another... just listen out for 6 Monsters (+1 spare wheel) + TDM + Thunderbird.
Seriously, if you want to join a ride up, just keep an eye on the Kent section, or PM me nearer the time.

Miles
Hey Miles... I've already offered to lead that one, if no one minds, I know a good route.

Bodybag
03-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Are there any more spaces for the weekender? Having only just joined the forum myself, I only found out about it 10 minutes ago while looking though the threads. I'm London based too. Hello Nim, sorry, forgot to say that at the start.

Lost Again
03-02-2006, 03:17 PM
You can camp at the Mill too but I'm too fond of my comforts for that! :chuckle:

Ya big wuss, sleeping in a field never did anyone any harm!!

(and its less staggering distance from the bar, hurrah!)

MilesB
03-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey Miles... I've already offered to lead that one, if no one minds, I know a good route.
My pleasure

I'll play tail-end Charlie or sheepdog :gromit:

Nonnie
03-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Ya big wuss, sleeping in a field never did anyone any harm!!

(and its less staggering distance from the bar, hurrah!)
I fail to see the need for camping when there's a gorgeous comfy hotel/bed and breakfast/travelodge not too far away. I hate camping. I really hate camping. I am not the outdoors type! Eeewwww.

And pbodycote, click on the links posted up in this thread, print off the booking form, decide to camp (you crazy?) or stay in the warm cosy surroundings somewhere else, fill in the forms, book travelodge if applicable, pay for what needs paying and see you there!

Bodybag
03-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Hopefully I'll get that done on Monday. See you all there unless I do something stoooooooopid beforehand.

Easter in Ireland on me Monstah could prove to be STOOOOOOOOPID enough!!

Anyone in and around Dublin over the Easter weekend keep a look out for 5 Rice Burners and a real bike!! :yoparty:

Nim
06-02-2006, 08:39 AM
thanks for the kent ride up offer..sounds like a gd plan to me! im sure a load of us will get to meet up for a ride before then....just to y'all know, the travellodge in stratford (i hope thats the right one!) had rooms left for the monster weekender..ive booked for the for the fri, sat and sun night...its 45 squid per rm per night, i think can be b/w 2 and 4 people in a room.

anyone know if any booking stuff is needed for arrow mill?? did any of you g out sunday? what a beautiful day for a ride, i spent the whole day gettin slapped for daydreaming about bein on my bike and not payin attention to boring stuff i had to do!

stuartg
06-02-2006, 09:02 AM
thanks for the kent ride up offer..sounds like a gd plan to me! im sure a load of us will get to meet up for a ride before then....just to y'all know, the travellodge in stratford (i hope thats the right one!) had rooms left for the monster weekender..ive booked for the for the fri, sat and sun night...its 45 squid per rm per night, i think can be b/w 2 and 4 people in a room.

anyone know if any booking stuff is needed for arrow mill?? did any of you g out sunday? what a beautiful day for a ride, i spent the whole day gettin slapped for daydreaming about bein on my bike and not payin attention to boring stuff i had to do!

Got out for about an hour yesterday.
Goin to the Bristol classic show next Sunday if anyones interested in joining me. I'm in South Beds.
Weather permittin of course.

Moley
06-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Hi Nim, a warm welcome from the Essex side of London

Nonnie
06-02-2006, 06:42 PM
If you are stopping at the travelodge and you want to take your meals at the Arrow Mill then you have to print off and fill in that part of the booking form. Hold On, I'll try and find it for you. Then you have to send it off to the address it says and pay as well. I haven't gotten around to doing that bit yet but I will. I don't think I'm booking breakfast even though I can vouch for it's superbness.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/non_res2006.pdf

This link may or may not work. It's the Non residents meal booking form just so's you know anyway.

Nim
06-02-2006, 08:07 PM
hey moley, thanks for the greeting...i work down your way sometimes...see lots of nice bikes essex way.....and cheers nonnie..., ill be booking in for the meals...i guess all of them, just in case i get there and they run out of food! although with a load of bikers around, im guessing theyll triple the amount of food hey think theyll need...nice. Mite bring extra set of man sized leathers to get me home after all the beer and pig ill be consuming...mmmm...beer. whose up for beer guzzling competition?? as long as we play by my rules of course....

Pugi
06-02-2006, 08:12 PM
whose up for beer guzzling competition?? as long as we play by my rules of course....

Rules? Your clearly doing it the wrong way...

Nim
06-02-2006, 08:20 PM
could that be why after the beer i end up gettin dragged home by my toenails whilst singin 'oh mandy...blah blah blah....'?? altho i might find an extra special song for the monster weekender....

Pugi
06-02-2006, 10:04 PM
could that be why after the beer i end up gettin dragged home by my toenails whilst singin 'oh mandy...blah blah blah....'?? altho i might find an extra special song for the monster weekender....

The start of a ukmoc entry ritual? I'm sure we'll all love to to hear it...heck, I'm sure most will happily sing along with you. :roger:

abbeyalto
07-02-2006, 12:09 AM
It's a large HELLO from me too!

Is anyone free Thursday evening?

Benj

Bodybag
07-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Sorry can't do Thursdays. It's Karaoke night in The Puzzle in Westminster on a Thursday and I have songs to kill! Maybe another night soon though.

slob
07-02-2006, 12:15 PM
It's a large HELLO from me too!

Is anyone free Thursday evening?

Benj
I'm stuffed this week, sorry Benj. Maybe next month

Nim
08-02-2006, 11:30 AM
fraid im in eire for the week, so unless any of you crazy kids wanna pick up my bike and bring it up here, plus a few sandwiches and maybe my lid....cant do thurs!

Fosse Foxfight
08-02-2006, 12:01 PM
fraid im in eire for the week,

I take it you mean ROI as in the Republic of Ireland?:shocked:

Sean

Nim
09-02-2006, 04:46 PM
yup, 'eire' as in the republic, thats where the family are, well, some of them. Im supposed to be workin in the north, but somehow managed to find my way down the new and very exciting motorway and to the family in Dublin.....strange....

Pugi
09-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Eire, eh?
Hmm...you might just be doing it right when it comes to drinking after all...

slob
09-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Hope y'all having a good Thursday out. I'm still logged in at work.

Nim
11-02-2006, 10:00 PM
hmm...could that be a challenge??? i have a feeling i might loose, but ill bring you all down with me. muah haha. MUAH AHAHAHAAHAAAAAA., Off out now to practice the drinking.