PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the UKMOC!

Tigerlily
31-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the club! :mand:

This area is especially for our new members to come and say hello.

Feel free to start a new thread and tell us a little bit about yourself and what you'd like to gain from from the club.

Perhaps you joined because you're in need of a little technical know-how?

Maybe you want to get out with other Monster riders for meets and runs?

Have a good look round the various forums and don't forget to keep an eye on your regional pages for what's going on and coming up locally.

We even have our very own track day at Mallory Park which I can highly recommend!

We hope you enjoy our club!

Tigerlily
07-02-2006, 09:36 AM
It's great to see that new members are settling in and getting to know people :mand:

Don't forget about our "Regional" sections for arranging meets and rides - you'll get a far better response. :)

:tiger:

Miles
18-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi,

I have bought a brand new monster S2R 800, My name is Miles and I live 10 miles south west of Bristol. I would love to get involved in the club, and just waiting for the warmer weather to get here !

I'm a bit of an oldie ......started riding seriously at the age of 50 , having ridden small time stuff as a kid. I know, another mid life crisis....

Anway, would love to hear from anyone out there, but I also have a serious question . why on earth don't Ducati make a main stand for the S2R ? its a pain trying to do anything with the bike , like routine maintenance and cleaning, on the side stand. Does anyone know where I can get a main stand contraption of some sort and what it is called that I am looking for !

thanks.

Miles.

Richie(soon 2B)
18-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Greetings Miles, my name is Richie and I've got the same bike, S2R 800 Red, but mine has a white stripe & white wheels (Which are a nightmare to clean, but I wouldn't swap them for anything, except Angelina Jolie, who by the way bought 2 bikes from the same shop I bought mine from, near Gatwick Airport). Anyway, I'm not sure if you can have a centre stand fitted, but what you can do is to buy a front and rear paddock stand for servicing and maintainence. If you can afford a brand new S2R you shouldn't have a problem with the cost of these. They are approx. £40 for a rear stand & £50 for a front stand, and available from www.motrax.co.uk , product code ref. no. SL17R & SL11R. I do not work for motrax, it's just that I have a catalogue sitting next to me. Well worth having. And if I lived out-side of central London and had enough space to have a garage etc.. I would have a set of paddock stands myself, along with 5 more bikes, and equestrian facilities for my 5 year old daughter, and a helicopter landing pad for my drinking buddies, etc.....

Bodybag
19-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the club.

Phil

MilesB
20-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Hi,

I have bought a brand new monster S2R 800, My name is Miles...

Anway, would love to hear from anyone out there, but I also have a serious question . why on earth don't Ducati make a main stand for the S2R ? its a pain trying to do anything with the bike , like routine maintenance and cleaning, on the side stand. Does anyone know where I can get a main stand contraption of some sort and what it is called that I am looking for !

thanks.

Miles.
Wow - at last - another Miles :cool:
I knew logging on as MilesB would avoid confusion at some point :chuckle:

Welcome to the friendliest Biking Club on the planet.

In answer to your question, the simple answer is to get a "Paddock Stand" - which is you have an S2R will presumably have to be a single sided one, as you only have one swing arm. This works by inserting a rod into the axle spindle, and allowing you to lift the rear wheel of the deck whilst supporting the bike upright.

The more complex option is to get a centre stand - although I'm not sure if there is one specifically for the S2R - as the place where you would fit it is occupied by the catalitic converter/collector box 'bagpie' thingy... you'd have to remove that and then see if the standard add-on centre stand still fitted...

Of course you can remove this, and this has been done by others.

But I'm not sure if anyone else has gone on to fit a centre stand?
If so they ain't admitting it :o !

Miles

sadbiker
20-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Uhh, would look as bad as the cat, and think of the weight and possible ground clearance probs.

Better to go for a Gen duc paddack stand for the S2.

Tigerlily
20-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi Miles

Welcome to the club :mand:

You're not the only oldie! Monstering fun isn't restricted to the 20somethings, and I'm sure more than 1 of the other members have bus-passes for when it's not biking weather. :)

Redkite2
17-05-2006, 05:14 PM
oops, posted in the wrong thread

lcjohnny
19-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Miles
I am a new Monster owner in Bristol. I have a 1997 M900.
Hope yours is going well!
:thumbsup:

Bodybag
19-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Hello mate and welcome to the club from a former Fishponds resident. There's loads of Monster riders in Bristol and always rideouts planned. Keep an eye out and someone local will be along shortly to introduce themselves.

Phil

desmo
22-09-2006, 10:13 AM
HI Miles.
The best stand for cleaning & maintainance of a Monster S2R is an Abba Stand www.abbastands.co.uk
It clips into the rear swing arm pivot point (with the right adaptors) you can then put a small trolley jack under the front the engine & get both wheel off the ground at the same time.

Give me a shout if you fancy a rideout at any time, I live in north Bristol.

Desmo

Homer
14-03-2007, 09:45 PM
No Monster yet, but have 2 dukes in the wee garage,,,

Whats a good all round monster to look out for?

Wayne , 41 Ely, Cambs

slob
14-03-2007, 10:01 PM
No Monster yet, but have 2 dukes in the wee garage,,,

Whats a good all round monster to look out for?

Wayne , 41 Ely, Cambs

For carbed: 750, injection: 800 are generally reckoned to be the best all rounders.

squiffything
15-03-2007, 06:36 AM
Wayne, welcome at last another (nearly) monster owner in cambridgeshire. As slob says the above are regarded as being the best of their type however you have to look at what you want from the beast. If you want that extra grunt then you will want to look at the big beasties but if you just want something to pootle around on then the little uns are perfect. My 620 is all I need it does plenty to the tank full and keeps up with the bigguns on rideouts.

Have a look around the site there are a few guys selling on here at the moment and one or two very nice bikes that can be had from Guys who have looked after and love their machines

andy803
19-03-2007, 01:32 PM

squiffything
19-03-2007, 02:38 PM
hello Andy welcome to the madhouse. There are a few of us around the Suffolk area and we get out sometimes......

Off to the Brooklands Italian Breckie 1 April to meet up with the rest of the mob on here if you fancy a morning of riding. See the other threads for info.

andy803
19-03-2007, 03:07 PM

Linny600
02-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi there..

don't have a Monster as I kinda went off naked bikes... but I did want one when they first came out... and my mate is thinking of buying one...
... so hope this is enough...

I'm Linny, ride a (aherm) CBR600F Silver with red n black decals.

Got a B&B near Assen for bikers, so if anyone is thinking of doing the Ducati weekend, gimme a shout. I'll do a special deal if you fill us..(18 or more peeps) 21 sleepin places. 2 Double rooms, 2 bunk rooms and 1 family room.

Bye for now

brian king
21-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi , All
Just bought a monster 900 metallic popped up to snetterton from Rayleigh in Essex , great fun ride there and back used only A/b roads can't stand motorway riding. Are there many members in Essex do any of you meet up for meets in Essex / Kent area, where's the best place to buy bits like carbon huggers etc from ? Have seen stuff on ebay but whats the quality like ?

Regards

Brian

gary tompkins
21-05-2007, 10:00 PM

Hi Andy and welcome to the club

If you are trying to send out an SOS it's more like

... - ...

:D

gary tompkins
21-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi , All
Just bought a monster 900 metallic popped up to snetterton from Rayleigh in Essex , great fun ride there and back used only A/b roads can't stand motorway riding. Are there many members in Essex do any of you meet up for meets in Essex / Kent area, where's the best place to buy bits like carbon huggers etc from ? Have seen stuff on ebay but whats the quality like ?

Regards

Brian

Kent members meet 1st Sunday in the Month at the Oakdene cafe near Wrotham. Check out Kent events section - we often get members from Essex dropping in :D

GULLY
22-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Hello Brain
wellcome to the club. hope to see you at the cafe some time soon:mand:

gully

brian king
22-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks Gary/Gully what's the best time to get to the cafe what's the address.

slob
22-05-2007, 07:10 PM
...used only A/b roads can't stand motorway riding.
I'm with you there mate!
Are there many members in Essex do any of you meet up for meets in Essex / Kent area
There or thereabouts.
Stu65 and Blueguzzi are closer to you.

gary tompkins
23-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks Gary/Gully what's the best time to get to the cafe what's the address.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=20788&highlight=oakdene+cafe

JerryXt
17-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Hi, new guy here. Wanted a monster for years saw, the daddy, and I bought it! Lovely S4Rs in white. Still running in, but I can't wait until it's ready to rock. Had the front wheel airborne first day - oops!

Got any suggestions for keeping the wheels clean?

Dari suggested the forum - thanks mate! BTW, forgot to say, in SW London. Can anyone recommend a good place to look after my bike? MotoRapido look ok, but they're mles away. London dealer can't look after my yammy xt properly so what would they do with this...

andros
18-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Hi Jerry, welcome to the club, great choice of bike by the way.

Not getting white wheels is a good way of keeping them looking cleaner, but seriously WD40 gets the lube off well.

I'm sure someone else will be along to help re local garages etc.:thumbsup:

Nervous Duc
02-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Hello Everyone!

Shouts from Istanbul/Turkey! I am also the VP of the DOC here; www.ducofbosphorus.org

Definitely need to get some technical info on mods.

Cheers,

Nervous Duc

Nervous Duc
04-09-2007, 11:04 AM
...edited our webpage address which I had written earlier; in case members here wanted to check the site...it really does exist

singletrack
04-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Hi and welcome to :ukm:

kevm
30-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Finally Got The Bike I Want, At Least I Pick It Up Next Saturday. Its A M900 In Red With Corse Decalls. 4500 Miles, Looks And Sounds Wicked And Its Gonna Be A Long Week!!! Kev.

JerryXt
30-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Finally Got The Bike I Want, At Least I Pick It Up Next Saturday. Its A M900 In Red With Corse Decalls. 4500 Miles, Looks And Sounds Wicked And Its Gonna Be A Long Week!!! Kev.

Good man Kev - welcome!

That Guy
15-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Hi there, after CBRs, GSXRs, 748s, 749s, finally got a Monster (900Sie), awesome, should have got one years ago! Useful site thanks.

scrumpster
16-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Welcome. Is that Wellington NZ or Wellington in Somerset? If it's the former, you lucky bloke with all those lovely sights and roads. Only ridden the Coromandel loop but that was fantastic!! A monster was my first and only bike so I only know it as the best bike to have :mand: Lots of helpful advice on here!

That Guy
17-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Welcome. Is that Wellington NZ or Wellington in Somerset? If it's the former, you lucky bloke with all those lovely sights and roads. Only ridden the Coromandel loop but that was fantastic!! A monster was my first and only bike so I only know it as the best bike to have :mand: Lots of helpful advice on here!

Hi there, Wellington NZ. Yep loads of good roads over (still have dumb as car drivers though!) here, and we have proper summers too! *just ask the english cricket team touring here at the moment).

Roads like this (very Monster friendly):

scrumpster
17-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah but at least the car drivers pulled over for me and my fellow riders to go by over there, here they tend to get in your way. Thank god for bikes with radar detectors!! As for cricket, well, I prefer football. Awesome road, one day I will get back over to see my sis and will do a few more miles :mand:

inky b
22-04-2008, 08:50 PM
hey, new to the site so dont get angry with my poor knowledge. my name is ben, i go under the handle 'inky' as im a tattooer from brum, i have just turned 25 and past my bike test, i have a history in motorcycle trials so im no stranger to bikes but would love any help advice on:

which cc would best suit me as a new rider doing mainly city,town,country lane stuff.?

i wanted an older bike around 95 on, what should i look for when buying one?

are monsters prone to problems etc? any other advice from anyone would be great. the site is really cool, and look forward to some replys.

ben@fallingleavestattoo.............shameless plug.

monstaman
20-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi,
After many years of Jap bikes and more recently, Triumphs, I have bought a Monster 996.

Love the bike , ( so does er indoors, its big, black and throbs!!)but would appreciate help on a couple of issues.

When fuelling, in spite of following info in manual about keeping level well below top, fuel is overflowing from overfill pipe.

I am putting plastic plug in pipe when I refuel, but is this likely to cause any other knock on effects.?

I am struggling to get 85 mile before fuel light comes on ( running in, so not nailing it). How far can I go on warning light?

Bodybag
20-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Sounds like the breather pipe has come away from the inside of the fuel filler cap mounting. I had the same problem on my S4 (916). I ended up losing a couple of litres every time I filled up until I realised what had happened. All you need to do is take the fuel filler mounting plate off the tank and re-insert the pipe. Make sure you don't drop any of the grub screws into the tank, they're a bugger to get back out again!!

singletrack
20-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi,
After many years of Jap bikes and more recently, Triumphs, I have bought a Monster 996.

Love the bike , ( so does er indoors, its big, black and throbs!!)but would appreciate help on a couple of issues.

When fuelling, in spite of following info in manual about keeping level well below top, fuel is overflowing from overfill pipe.

I am putting plastic plug in pipe when I refuel, but is this likely to cause any other knock on effects.?

I am struggling to get 85 mile before fuel light comes on ( running in, so not nailing it). How far can I go on warning light?

I can't help you with the fuel thing, but welcome to :ukm:

bing
27-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi! Bing from Australia dropping in to have a look. I currently ride a 2000 900IE Monster with a fair bit of modification. Love the Monster and am currently on a project to make mine as light as I can (within financial reason!). Look forward to the UK perspective :thumbsup:

djhesde
14-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi, I joined the forum in March but have not been active until now.
My name is Dave, I am early 50's and have 2 Monsters. (3 including my son)
I have an S4 on the road, which started life in red but is now black with white stripe.
I also have an M600 which has had a 685 kit which I use for trackdays.
I live in Northwich in Cheshire.
Thought I'd say hello.

Dave

Nonnie
14-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi Dave, greetings from Norfolk. Also Hi to Bing, you kind of got missed off the radar there.

Welcome both of you.

brooley
04-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi All,

Got my Monster 696, 25 August. Changed from a GSXR 600, even on the way to pick up Monster was not sure if I was doing the right thing. Have now been riding it for over a week and can say best thing I did. Having more fun than the Gixer, well not quite just a different kind of fun. Less chance of losing my licence now. Mind you only did 2 miles and she broke down, they dealer had to come out to me, turned out to be a faulty plug. They gave it a good look over just in case, all fine now. I have ordered some Pazzo levers as the only thing not keen on is the biting point of the clutch. Pazzo levers supposed to sort that out, will let you know if they work. Just waiting for tail tidy to be available in this country.

Happy riding

MrsJel
04-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Welcome - would be interested in how the pazzo levers do, I'm not keen on the biting point either and having little hands means its a complete pain in the hand.

You didn't get it from coventry did you? There was someone there when I was having first service who got off a gsxr600 and on to a 696 - but just noticed you're from brighton so not may be not then.

Carole

MikeM
07-08-2008, 06:38 AM
Well after owning a pair of Oakley Ducati Corsa sunglasses for the last three years I finally got a bike to go with them...an '08 696+ (2nd hand but with only 300 miles on the clock).

I have been away from bikes for almost 25 years, but renewed my aquaintance with two wheels some weeks ago when I took the plunge and bought a 2nd hand 600 Hornet which I loved..bit mad though! Last week I took my young daughter out for her first pillion ride (she loved it) and we ended up in a big bike store in the next town from me. I had wanted to buy a pair of short boots and their website said they had some sale items.
When we arrived I was like a kiddiie in a toyshop....Buels, Harleys and........Ducatis.
After I bought some boots I spied a 696 outside that had a very low seat (I am the owner of a pair of shortish legs), I found a salesman...suprisingly they did not approach me..and asked if I could have a 'sit-on'. I asked him the price and he told me the new price and that they also had a 2nd hand model that was only a month old (guy decided to have a Harley instead). Can I have test ride I asked, and that was it...I was smitten.
SOooooooooooo different to the Honda, thud, thud and you are doing 40. Wierd but wonderful. I had to have this bike, well the 2nd hand one.
So after losing a small fortune on my little Hornet in the p/ex deal (I am an idiot because I should have done a private sale and bought a 696 later) but I REALLY did want THIS bike with it's aftermarket carbon pipes.

Anyway, deal done and I am now the proud owner of a one month old 696 with a VERY noisy pipe set. I will also get the standard pipes when the guy brings them in, together with the exhaust protectors for pillion use.
Talking of pillion use, does anyone with 'Little Monsters' do much of the two up stuff. My wife, not a real motorcyle lover, says that she is NOT looking forward to perching on that tiny bit of real estate behind me. She was ok on the Hornet.

Anyway, like always I've let my fingers run away with me, suffice to say that I am a very happy chap at the moment......I can put my feet on the ground and I could afford it....Just!!!

Mike

Nonnie
07-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Welcome Mike. After 4 years with my Little Monster, I m still waiting for the Oakley sunglasses!

Bueller77
12-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Hello! Thought I'd drop in and say hi. I'm on the cusp (Does anybody still use that word anywmore?) of buying my first Duke (2002 - 620s ie). To cut a long story short I put down a deposit on it after falling in love with it at first site, and then failed to pass my big bike test a couple of weeks ago (damn indicators! - Must remember to turn them off!!) and have a retest hopefully in Sep/Oct/Nov. Will definitely picking your brains over what I should look out for on the bike when I finally see it in the flesh and haggle my deal (yes, yes, I know I shouldn't have put down a deposit before seeing it... But... Well... It was just so pretty! 3000 miles on clock and mint (from pictures)).

At the moment I look like a right loon riding a new Yamaha R125 (new bike been out couple of months), but I thought it would be easy to sell when the time comes to go and pick up the Duke. I'm 30, but I know when I was 17 I would have KILLED for this 125 it looks like a R6.

So anyway that's me. I'm based in North London and looking forward to meeting up with you guys when I join the fold.

spikey_58
20-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi.

TODAY I bought a brand new 08 S2R1000. I traded in my 2008 R1 which i had form new only 3 weeks ago!! Nuts I know. But I've had supersports bikes for a good while now - even a fully v-boosted V-Max. But I wanted something different this time around.

Was looking at an S4R but thought as its got the old 998 engine in it, I may as well keep my R1 - I wanted something a little more understanted which wouldnt lose me my licence - something fun but with a lot of grunt. after reading goodness knows how many reviews - it seemed a good choice. I have told them to keep it for 10 days so I can pick it up on the 1st of Sept for the new reg's, and am rather excited about it all. (I was highly enjoying the Desmo in the corner mind you - some lucky person obviously had 40K to spend as it just sold! haha).

I live in Macclesfield/Manchester so hopefully will meet some like minded folk to meet up with soon. :-)

Kind regards

J.P
20-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Great choice of bike and yes you're nuts, chopping in the R1 after just 3 weeks, crazy, but we're glad you've made the switch, you'll love it I'm sure.

spikey_58
03-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, I picked my new S2R up on the 1st (it started chucking it down on the way home too - I was heartbroken my brand new polished machine was gettin trashed in its first 5 miles haha) and I must say i'm loving it. Due to the CRAP weather ive only been able to do 48 flipping miles on it! Typical. But such a change. I changed one R1 in the past for a Vmax and that was a difference and a half, but I feel this is probably one of the best changes I've made. The feel of the vibrating engine, the riding position and the sound I just love. Will love the sound even more at my 600 mile first service as my Termi's are on their way from Italy! I just hope we get some dry weather so I can actually put the 600 on it soon!

Mmick
17-09-2008, 03:17 AM
G'Day,
Thought I would introduce myself, I'm from Australia (any othe aussies around?) near Sydney, have a 1997 M900 which has a few modifications to it, and the poor old motor is just about ready for a freshen up it has 75,000 klm on it and it gets thrashed quite regularly (nothin illigal officer, 'onest). I usually hang out with another web site (DMF) of mad monster owners which has quite a few people doing lots of stuff, but I like to find out what is happening elsewhere, so here I am trying to work my way through your web.

Mmick

gixer ged
06-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi i,m Gixer Ged.I,ve joined the club to meet other Monster fans & get some special bits for it too.I,ve had other V twins,TL1000S[fantastic],RSV Mille[rubbish],RS250 Honda,RS250 Aprillia,TZ250R Yamaha[race bikes,amazing!]& i also have a Firestorm.Yes,i like V twins.I do alot of rallys so may have seen my Monster,chrome anarchy A on the tank & the loudest pipes on the planet!!!Loud pipes save lives!!!

ricky
06-11-2008, 05:24 PM
hey mate were are you from?

TCar153
16-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi all. These are my first tentative steps into cyberspace. I don,t know if anyone will even see this. Anyhoo...Am now pretty chuffed owner of new s4rs tricolore. Began biking in 1970 I think, on some kind of pressed steel frame Honda 150, a couple of cd175,s and my first "proper" bike a brand new Rd350 in brit racing green. That got nicked(still traumatised)got interesting Kawasaki avenger or samurai? thing then had cb400four for two or three years. More or less finally, ended up on GS1000 which I comprehensively dumped on a visit to I.O.M about 78 or 79. A particularly troublesome rd400 stopped the bike thing in 86ish but 07, saved pennies like child to buy tired but sound SV650. Liked it to bits, hooned, commuted year round, got lucky in an unlucky way, bought spankey new s4rs wondering if twas really what I wanted. It Is. I am like all enthused again! I havejoined this here club in the hope of learning from other members experience with Ducatis and if I can, to be a bit helpful to others who may feel as lost and helpless as I do with this PC thingy.

Nonnie
16-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi all. These are my first tentative steps into cyberspace. I don,t know if anyone will even see this. Anyhoo...Am now pretty chuffed owner of new s4rs tricolore. Began biking in 1970 I think, on some kind of pressed steel frame Honda 150, a couple of cd175,s and my first "proper" bike a brand new Rd350 in brit racing green. That got nicked(still traumatised)got interesting Kawasaki avenger or samurai? thing then had cb400four for two or three years. More or less finally, ended up on GS1000 which I comprehensively dumped on a visit to I.O.M about 78 or 79. A particularly troublesome rd400 stopped the bike thing in 86ish but 07, saved pennies like child to buy tired but sound SV650. Liked it to bits, hooned, commuted year round, got lucky in an unlucky way, bought spankey new s4rs wondering if twas really what I wanted. It Is. I am like all enthused again! I havejoined this here club in the hope of learning from other members experience with Ducatis and if I can, to be a bit helpful to others who may feel as lost and helpless as I do with this PC thingy.

I hear you! Welcome aboard. If you get stuck, then just holler and someone will help you.

TCar153
16-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Which is the holler key again? Thanks for answering. Love an Peas etc.:thumbsup:

Nonnie
16-11-2008, 01:40 PM
The holler key? You'll need to call technical support for that one I'm afraid. It's not my department etc etc.

darius
02-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi, i'm darius and since saturday i am a happy owner of monster 900ie :)
i live in chesterfield, currently covered by snow:(
well, just saying hello.

singletrack
03-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Hi darius, welcome.
Let's hope the snow clears soon so you can ride your new toy -and take some photos of it to show us.

ngraham28
05-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi, All

My name is Nick and I live in Mid Sussex. Have just done my DAS after years of saying "yeah, must do that bike test" and dreaming of Jap sport 600's. Stopped by P&H in Crawley on day 1 of the DAS and instantly fell in love with the 696. Passed my test 1st time after training on one of the coldest weekends of the year and have now put a deposit down on the monster (refundable as test riding this weekend).

Can't wait!

So - are there any local monster owners? I am fairly new to W Sussex having come up from Eastbourne, any tips on good routes?

Looking forward to a warm summer and long rides!

Pomp1
05-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Hi Nick and welcome. I'm in Essex so I can't really hel you but check your area on the regional section to find out about meetings ride-out etc. forget about the japs, a Ducati is the bike that any 4 pot riders dreams of at night..

jimbo696
06-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Welcome. I think you will love the 696.... especially if it has Termis on it..

ngraham28
06-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks, Jim, I agree - love the avatar pic, those termis look awesome. V jealous!

ngraham28
06-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the tip, Pomp1

jimbo696
06-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks, Jim, I agree - love the avatar pic, those termis look awesome. V jealous!

Thanks, I was lucky that the bike had them on when I bought it....

ColchesterM600
29-03-2009, 11:48 PM
im happy now iv found you lot also have a Facebook :D

lilbikerlady
30-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Hello to all, just signed up after a friends recommendation. I've had a bit of a problem with the oil light going on and when I tanked up the oil. after around 30miles or so it started to cut out when dropping revs i.e. first gear before set off. Does anyone know why this could be?

Lisa

lilbikerlady
30-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I Agree!!!

A girl can never have enough Motorbikes

SW_MECHATRONIC
07-05-2009, 04:47 PM
i have a 1995 N plate Monster, and they seem a rare as hens teeth, does any one have a 95 model or even any 90's model, never see any for sale, only earlier 2000 ish models.

also how do you post a new thread?

Scotty

Nonnie
07-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Hello there. To post a new thread, you go to the part of the forum you wanna put it in like random chat or for sale and then there is a "post new thread" symbol thing at the top.

I hope this helps.

Can't help you though Lillbikerlady. My oil light would sometimes fail to go out but that was moisture in the plug thing. I would get it checked out if it came on while I was riding it though. It's the oil pressure isn't it?

ANDRI-973
08-05-2009, 06:43 AM
HELLO!!! My name is Andrea, I'm from Italy.. I live close to VARESE, and I've worked for Husqvarna and MV Agusta factory.. I don't have a Ducati because I'm a mx and fmx rider.. :P
I've just seen some pics of the last event and I've to say that you have a lot of nice bikes!!
I hope to see many of those in Italy as soon as possible...
Byeeeeeeee :D

lilbikerlady
11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Hello there. To post a new thread, you go to the part of the forum you wanna put it in like random chat or for sale and then there is a "post new thread" symbol thing at the top.

I hope this helps.

Can't help you though Lillbikerlady. My oil light would sometimes fail to go out but that was moisture in the plug thing. I would get it checked out if it came on while I was riding it though. It's the oil pressure isn't it?

Ta Nonie, I'm on it!!!:thumbsup:

Pomp1
11-05-2009, 09:46 AM
HELLO!!! My name is Andrea, I'm from Italy.. I live close to VARESE, and I've worked for Husqvarna and MV Agusta factory.. I don't have a Ducati because I'm a mx and fmx rider.. :P
I've just seen some pics of the last event and I've to say that you have a lot of nice bikes!!
I hope to see many of those in Italy as soon as possible...
Byeeeeeeee :D

Do we know each other from somewere?:mand:

Swindeg
12-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi I,m new on here n ride a m900 in the leeds area if anyone is around get intouch for a run out?

andros
13-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi, and welcome to you. Im in Leeds too and often get out on nice evenings and every other weekend, so would be up for a ride sometime.

kneedown
12-06-2009, 11:47 AM
HI
i have a second hand s4r coming in a week or so i live in surrey '
would like to meet other members :tgoe:
chris

kneedown
21-07-2009, 01:47 PM
hi well new to this myself i have tired talking on here but so far without any sucess'
i am in 2 minds weather i want to keep the duc .
chris

Bodybag
21-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi Kneedown, whats making you think of giving up the Duke? I reckon you'll regret it almost the moment you've sold it.

kneedown
21-07-2009, 03:08 PM
because i had a honda vtr 1000 for 12 years and i feel doing a part ex for this was the worst thing i have ever done .still now i lose so much money either i keep it or give up on bikes

Albie
21-07-2009, 03:10 PM
boxhill a lot of dukes there. midweek or saturday/sundays. check out italian sportsbike club or ducatisti. you can join in. or move to kent.

kneedown
21-07-2009, 03:12 PM
will try to get to box wed evening as long as it;s nice

Albie
21-07-2009, 03:38 PM
i used to pop down there. cant at moment unfortunately. we have two new guys in kent and we have been out quite a few times. they even went down to boxhill i believe.

lilbikerlady
04-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi everyone, back after a long break. Wheres boxhil?

jimbo696
04-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Here ya go... or search for Rykas, that is the name of the cafe there..

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=pK9&resnum=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=rykas+box+hill&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=rykas&hnear=box+hill&cid=0,0,5956720354952832830&ei=OMfISperE4j_4AbO67zHAQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

steeevvvooo
04-10-2009, 04:16 PM
I tried to find it last weekend. Was out for ages, but gave up, turned right out of zig zag road and must have ridden straight past it!! :banghead:

Saw plenty of bikes around though so probably worth a rideout again sometime. :thumbsup:

Albie
04-10-2009, 05:58 PM
I tried to find it last weekend. Was out for ages, but gave up, turned right out of zig zag road and must have ridden straight past it!! :banghead:

Saw plenty of bikes around though so probably worth a rideout again sometime. :thumbsup:

You cant miss it. You almost come to a stop at the sort of junction there.

kneedown
05-10-2009, 02:34 PM
:scratch:if you came down the hill from the top of box you should have gone left at t junction

baronvondave
24-04-2010, 10:03 AM
hi folks,
new to the site but had me 600 a couple of years . Still dont know how many miles can get out of of full tank of go juice. I aint had the honour of running out of fuel yet, but me mates with fuel gauges find it highly amuseing me filling up every other petrol station.
any monster riders out there can answer me question????????
cheers all

gary tompkins
24-04-2010, 12:38 PM
hi folks,
new to the site but had me 600 a couple of years . Still dont know how many miles can get out of of full tank of go juice. I aint had the honour of running out of fuel yet, but me mates with fuel gauges find it highly amuseing me filling up every other petrol station.
any monster riders out there can answer me question????????
cheers all

Hi, you normally get around 140-150 miles to a tank. The low fuel warning light will come on with about 1/2 a gallon in reserve, and that should give you about another 25 miles.

Techinical info is discussed in detail in these sections

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/forumdisplay.php?f=3

equipe84
24-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi All - bought a 696 a couple of weeks ago - LOVE IT !! 1st proper bike & don't think I could have chosen anything better. Live Stourbridge area (West Mids) and looking forward to getting to know a few people locally. Late starter to biking but aiming to make up for lost time. Appreciate it if anyone knows where I can get a pukka Monster fitted bike cover ?? Cheers.

DucHead
10-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Hi All!

Dave here from the US.

I'm a member on a few US-based forums and I thought I'd check things out across the pond.

Char
10-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Hello and welcome

bmaughan
11-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi All
My name is brian and i have a 04 S4R in Red and love it and have owned it for around a year after trading in my hayabusa for it as my back could not take long rides on the busa on trips to europe.
Only downside is what luggage is available for it but still i should have got one years ago as that engine is awesome and so light to throw around and so much fun.

J.P
11-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Welcome to the club.
The Ventura luggage is perfect for the bike, expensive but worth it. You can pack enough for a week away no problem.

bmaughan
11-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Yeh i have been looking at there site but dont know anyone who has it fitted to there bike or how it loks on the s4r loaded up but after that not many options like a givi rack..

J.P
11-03-2011, 10:59 AM
I have it fitted, as does LousCannon

J.P
11-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Ventura Pack Fitted.

J.P
11-03-2011, 11:00 AM
It also sits the other way round do that the pillion seat is clear.

MOB Carine
05-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Hello everyone

My English isn't so good but on saturday the 17th of september 2011 I didn't had any problem to communicate with UKMOC members. :woot::woot::woot::woot:
So, I thought that it was time to register myself to learn more about the UKMOC members by joining their forum;)

grtz

10/405

Pomp1
05-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone

My English isn't so good but on saturday the 17th of september 2011 I didn't had any problem to communicate with UKMOC members. :woot::woot::woot::woot:
So, I thought that it was time to register myself to learn more about the UKMOC members by joining their forum;)

grtz

10/405

Hi and welcome to the fold Carine, no worries with your English, you should hear my Flemish..

Rally
05-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Welcome Carine, Like Max my Flemish isn't so good either. All I know is Stella Artois and "How much?" when told how much back tyres are over there! Lol

samieb
06-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi Carine,

Welcome to the funny forum (no its not the funny farm, but similar). Your English is good enough so don't worry about it. :D

AdeS2R
12-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi All

Just thought I would say hello, where is Somerset in the region list?

Are there not any Monster owners there?

Char
12-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi
& Welcome

No Somerset rep therefore not much happening , you will have to venture into Wilts/Hants - plenty going on there

MsH
03-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi!
My name is Helen and I joined the site a few weeks ago when I met a lovely lady at Popham Airfield who came over chatting to me - asking if I was Char?? :-)) Nope!
I am 54 years young, live in South Hampshire and passed my test in March this year. I took delivery of a brilliant Monster 796 which I love. So far I have ridden 9000 miles - well - that's when I have next to refuel!! - probably be tomorrow.
I have joined this site to meet others to ride out with, and also to find others who would want to go riding further afield. I rode 2000 miles in 10 days through 7 countries in August (with a mate and a tent) and just cant wait to do more.....
After my european treck I confess I have test-ridden the diavel carbon....beauuuuty-full !!
My IT skills mean I am still working out how to use this site,
Bye for now
H
x

shampain
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi people, Just bought 2010 1100 monster with Termi's. Got rid of new Z1000 as it was too heavy (218kg) for a pensioner like me. I just love V engines though. All that grunt and engine braking too, ideal to hurtle you round roundabouts. Always had a bike so I guess I never grew up. Now need to go and buy all the trick bits. All the best , Wayne.

J.P
10-01-2012, 03:59 PM
A very big welcome to the club Wayne.

john baylis
23-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Hello Everybody

Just joined, first posting. I have a M1100 evo bought new last June. Only got into biking four years ago when I was 64 years young. I hope to meet up with other monster owners soon for any social gathering/ride outs. I live in Blackpool area, I am a Coventry kid my family are still in Coventry.
Hope to see some of you soon.
John Baylis

utopia
23-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Blimey, John.
For such a late starter you have made rapid progress to the top of the available machinery.
The 1100evo makes me grin like no other new model.
Welcome.
The weekender is upon us, and a good place to meet up.....?
Not too far from your old neck of the woods either.

john baylis
24-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Thanks for welcome utopia, cant make the weekender it sounds like a fab weekend.Yes i know im lucky to have such a great bike after only four years of biking, i didnt think time was on my side so got stuck in and really enjoying myself. Cheers, John Baylis

zhango
01-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Zhango here - joined recently to get discount from Opie oils. I do have a 2004 Monster1000 though which I've owned from new.

greg304
03-07-2012, 02:55 PM
hi all,52years young and did my direct access last year so totally legal now! rode all sorts of 250's in my teens and couple of 500's but never bothered to take a test. got a couple of harley davidson mt350 military bikes for a bit of fun and thought i'd try something a bit quicker. decided on a monster evo because of the abs and traction control and it is brilliant. just recently completed the 'bike 8' around britain (5 days,1600 miles and a very sore ass) got termi's fitted and the sound is awesome . this bike makes me smile every time i ride it. hope to meet up with a few members, regards greg

sprogger
13-07-2012, 10:22 PM
thanks for the warm welcome hope to chat to u about wot we love our bikes :biggrin:

sprogger
13-07-2012, 10:24 PM
hi im ant hav a 2007 s2r just put dan moto exhaust on n sounds OH MY GOD thats luvly

solomoto
30-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Hi there, got 10 plate 1100 monster last Saturday after two years on a R1200GS wanted something more spirited so to speak. As you can imagine totally different ride and one of my better decisions.
Bloody love it !!

gary tompkins
01-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Nice one - make sure you get out to some meets ASAP

Dessie
08-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Just a quick pop by to say hello, new member from Milton Keynes, 695 monster rider. Was hoping to catch the weekender but left it to my partner, also monster owner to check dates and time, resulting in us turning up Monday morning to a car park full of cars. Next time?

Albie
08-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Next time then but welcome anyhow and no excuse for next year then lol

dinozoff
11-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Hi All, a great and informative site, so well done. Used to have a M900s but not been back in the saddle for 6yrs. Bought the M1100 in March and loving it. First decent ride out was last week to Rye and took girlfriend on her first ever pillion - she loved it luckily! In at the deep end as they say. Had evotech tailtidy fitted, and looking for some aftermarket cans if anyone has any suggestions please? Hope to meet some of you in the near future.
Thanks, Dean.

Albie
12-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi All, a great and informative site, so well done. Used to have a M900s but not been back in the saddle for 6yrs. Bought the M1100 in March and loving it. First decent ride out was last week to Rye and took girlfriend on her first ever pillion - she loved it luckily! In at the deep end as they say. Had evotech tailtidy fitted, and looking for some aftermarket cans if anyone has any suggestions please? Hope to meet some of you in the near future.
Thanks, Dean.

Hi dean. You have Scrapps on your doorstep and plenty in Kent. I have an 1100s but Termis. There was not much around back then. The QD maxcone and other range of 2-1 pipes are a tad loud but if you neighbours are cool you will be ok. Rally nearly got an ASBO yeah really so he has Termis now. Depends on money and looks but MiVV or Leo Vince are decent. I believe Termi are the only ones which run the ECU but its only to even the midrange out. 1 -2 hp max more if that.

dinozoff
14-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi dean. You have Scrapps on your doorstep and plenty in Kent. I have an 1100s but Termis. There was not much around back then. The QD maxcone and other range of 2-1 pipes are a tad loud but if you neighbours are cool you will be ok. Rally nearly got an ASBO yeah really so he has Termis now. Depends on money and looks but MiVV or Leo Vince are decent. I believe Termi are the only ones which run the ECU but its only to even the midrange out. 1 -2 hp max more if that.

Hi Albie, thanks for your advice and may have a look at the MiVV exhausts then. 2-1 are a no-no as live in a cul-de-sac and think we're the youngest couple here, so wouldn't go down to well! I'll have a look on ebay for them now. Thanks again.

J.P
14-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi Dean, we;come to the club. Hopefully see you out and about as the Kent section of the club is pretty active, we meet the 2nd Sunday of each month of for a natter and a ride if possible.

Have a look at GPR Exhausts too. I have a set on my 1100 EVO and they are very nice.
http://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/c/462/MONSTER-1100.html

dinozoff
24-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks J.P. for the link - they look good. Yes, hope to meet up with some of you when the weather improves!

Darren69
06-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Hi my name is Darren, I'm new here but not to Ducati ownership, I have owned my Monster for just over 2 years and also have a 748 for the past 13 years. Prior to that I have had both 750 and 900SS's so I consider myself Ducatisiti through and through. I also have a Laverda Mirage that I bought in boxes and I rebuit over about a 2 year period and a Triumph Trophy 900 that is still in pieces but I won't mention that again on here. :)

I thought I would join here so I could be more part of a community, share experiences, tips, technical stuff with other Monster owners. Maybe even get together for rides out with other local owners.

slob
06-09-2013, 09:56 AM
I thought I would join here so I could be more part of a community, share experiences, tips, technical stuff with other Monster owners. Maybe even get together for rides out with other local owners.

that's the spirit, hello and welcome

rbt1548
19-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Hi All... Joined the forum as I am fairly close to buying a Monster, (still have some reservations though), and will be needing a bit of advice , and where better to get it from?
I have 2 other bikes at the moment, a 1965 BSA A65 Lightning Clubman and a 1992 Moto Guzzi 1000S.
Looking forward to the forum.
Cheers
Robert

Dirty
19-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Hello, good evening and welcome rbt

You've certainly come to the right place :)

Groovy748
21-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Hi All,

Great site and full of knowledge.
I've had a few Ducatis in the past but always wanted a Monster so finally got a '93 M900.
Needs a bunch of work to look nice but busy changing bolts and cleaning it up so all advice gratefully received.
Trying to source the rubber cable ties used on the frame as well as the tiny self tapping screws used around the clocks.

All the best,

Pete (Bristol based)

Dirty
21-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Hi Groovy, welcome

pompone
22-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Hi and welcome Groovy. The rubber bands come in a few different sizes.

Groovy748
22-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
Was after the bands for the main frame just below the tank on the M900.
Any advice ?

Macman900
03-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Just joined the UKMOC after having my Monster for about 17 years. Have never come across the site before so it's a new one for me. Got followed by a fellow rider while on my way home from work near Nottingham. He pulled along side at the lights mentioned the club/forum and the fact he was a Monster owner. And here I am. Looking forward to getting to know other riders of what is an awesome bike. Have had other Dukes (748SP, 600 Monster, 900 SS) and Jap bikes, but the Monster I have now is the one I chose to keep when things went pear shaped in life. I apologise now for any mistakes, never used a forum before so will need to get use to any protocol used etc. So of now, thanks for a great site, great pics of other Monsters and maybe I'll get chance to chat in person to some of you some day. Cheers.

Albie
03-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Its all good fun on here. Welcome and you have some catching up to do then. 17 years is a long time with a bike.

Dirty
03-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Welcome Macman. That would be Alan, he mentioned you here (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=489400#post489400).

petermcl
08-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Hi all, just joined and the proud owner of a 2014 Monster 796 😊

Thought I'd say hi and see what you all are up to.
I live in the Lightwater area of Surrey and hope to join in with some meets in the future.
Toodles
Peter

DaveDude1976
08-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Evening chaps, had a Monster S4 for 3 weeks before it was stolen while on holiday a couple of weeks ago!
Now got it back along with plenty of damage, and names and addresses of the thieving gits!

One of the geniuses tried to sell my bike to my nieces boyfriend! Clever fella it would seem!

Anyway, hello all, I'll be throwing a few questions about my unscheduled rebuild at you all.

Cheers

Dave

Dirty
08-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Hello good evening welcome ..

D-B
22-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Hi my name's Brian, I live in Swansea.
Just become a proud owner of my first Ducati - Monster 750 dark ie.
It's only taken 18 years to get round to owning one!

Dirty
22-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Welcome Brian

peeb
05-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Hi All,

Very new here, have just bought myself a 94' M900 which I'm very excited about! needs a bit of work and needs a few parts but i plan to get her in mint condition. Any ideas what you should be paying for an engine rebuild if you don't plan to do it yourself?

Cheers

slob
06-11-2014, 06:12 AM
Hello and welcome.
I'm afraid to say you're probably looking at s couple of grand to have someone else do a full rebuild on a motor. The gaskets, seals and bearings are about £500.

ladygrey
13-03-2015, 06:27 AM
I have joined for help and advice on how I could possibly get to like and understand the ways of the motorbiking world,
My partner is having a mid life crisis I feel, and has gone out brought a Ducati SR, and if feels like being pushed aside.
Does anyone on here have some hints about how I can work with him and both of us enjoy the bike.
he has no patience to sit and expain about things he is working on or doing, I have no previous bike knowledge nor experience, but I would like to understand what he is talking about some of the time.
Thank-you. Mary.

Dirty
13-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Hello and welcome Ladygrey

I'm not sure how much a forum can help you in this respect. My advice would be to go get your bike licence (if you don't already have it) and then either use the SR yourself or get your own bike. An 'if you can't beat them' approach :)

Cobra88
13-03-2015, 06:47 AM
Hi Ladygrey

or you could Trade Said Bloke in for a better one :)

ladygrey
13-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Thanks to both of you for your replys.
I did mention riding the said bike only to get the 'its my bike look', Ithink im after how do i approach him when he's working on his bike and how do I get him to let me ride the thing.

utopia
13-03-2015, 10:32 AM
You could perhaps suggest a few bike related events which you could both attend.
At the extreme end, how about a holiday in the Isle of Man during TT/classic weeks ?
Or a local bike event. How about this, which is a bit more local and will probably have a few of us in attendance.....
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=51136&highlight=diary
Or a local bike race meeting ....World Superbikes at Donnington perhaps.

slob
13-03-2015, 12:45 PM
you could try the "here, i made you a cup of tea, gimme a shout if you want anything else" approach.
like trying to gain the trust of a skittish animal.
sorry, it's a little hard to think of what to suggest if he seems to 'just want some space'.
i hope you manage to sort it out.

Shaw1one
31-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Hi all
Finally succumbed to the Monster club!:spin:

Dirty
31-03-2015, 08:18 AM
Good morning and welcome Shaw1one

Ecko
31-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Hello,

Bought my first Ducati after a couple of years off riding and absolutely love it.

Can't wait till the weather gets better!

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l628/armadillo14/20150328.jpg

Dirty
31-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Welcome Ecko. That looks lovely. There is a London Branch meet this Saturday at Bolt (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=51589) in Hackney if you want to collect some oohs and aahs and 'what''l it do mister?'s :)

Ecko
31-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Nice one thanks. I've got some errands to run near there in the morning so I'll try to swing past.

R.

SpeedoX
02-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Hello From Sheffield! I'm thinking of getting a second hand M1200S in the near future as my next bike so I've joined this forum to find out what it is like to live with the Monster :-) and what problems there are, how difficult it is to do home servicing / repairs / tweaks, if spares are available etc. My main concern is that I might miss the power of the Blade.

Jimmy
10-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Hi everyone new to all this but just want to say hello I've owned a 696 anniversary for two years from new and had a 916 for 8 years before that but have now fallen prey to an eleven nine eight but really enjoyed the 696 I now live in Somerset after moving away for 7 years to sunny Devon one of the reasons for joining the monster club is to be involved with the Ducati movement and visit Ducati meetings and ride outs another is I have a few newish items that I have for sale from the 696 I had, I intended to purchase an new monster 1200 but non of the stuff would fit then as I say fell victim to my 1198 thanks for reading my introduction and hope to find out about meetings and ride outs through this site.

Albie
10-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Welcome along Jimmy.

Carleton1412
20-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Hi,
New to Monster but not to bikes, can any one advise who or where is the best place in the Manchester area for carb tuning. I need my 600 carbs looking at.
Thanks in advance.

Dirty
20-06-2015, 10:49 PM
Hi carleton, welcome. I can't but I'm sure someone here can and will.

fireblade59
21-06-2015, 09:22 AM
Just to say hi,Have just brought a nice red 696 after being off bike's for a few years and really love it.
Cheers Phil

Stinger101
27-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Hi SpeedoX, sorry I missed your post from May! I have a 1200S & I can assure you you won't miss the power of a Blade. I have a 163 RW BHP GSXR1000 so I'm used to something similar to your Blade. The Monster has 135+ at the rear wheel (145 on paper). The 92ft lbs of torque is delivered so fast (85% below 4500 rpm, max at 7250) that you'll wonder what a 4 cylinder is all about. It pulls your arms out when you get past those revs. I've found this bike to be the best money I've ever spent on 2 wheels. I can't rave about it enough. I put a Remus Hypercone on it & took the baffle out. 'Kin gawjus!
Have you bought yet?

http://s22.postimg.org/i49288zk1/20150527_141333_3.jpg

Rocker66
27-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Hi All
from sunny Suffolk not :thumbsdown:
Ive owned several Ducatis including 3 Monsters this being the latest one
M900S ie

Here she is nearly done after a good clean and new chain/sprockets/ oils/ fork seals etc etc

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r633/JocktheRocker/IMAG0129_zpsv1lssc30.jpg
Wanted an S (read somewhere they produce more bhp) probably dont:o
and wanted ie anyway so Im not tempted to fiddle too much (carbs in bits everywhere etc)
:)

Mr Gazza
27-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Hello an welcome Rocker66.

Hey I've got one of those...Year 2000 yes?

I think the "S" has a standard 900ie engine, but that won't dissapoint in any way.

The "S" for 2000 had all the carbon that yours has, as standard and also a little plastic hugger extension under the swinging arm. Also fully adjustable Showa Forks and fully adjustable Ohlins rear shock with remote resevoir.
They also came with a fully floating rear brake set up, and rubbers on the footrests.

You've struck Gold mate...Really nice example of the top Monster...:D

You have also joined up in time to catch the Great UKMOC Teddy Bears Picnic on 6th Sepember, at Walkers Café, Mildenhall.....That's a few yards down the Brandon Road from the Barton Mills roundabout on the A11.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=52422

See you there around Noon then??..:D

Rocker66
27-08-2015, 07:56 PM
See you there around Noon then??..:D

Maybe you will not too far :) Weather permitting :chuckle:

badboy1981
05-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Hello everyone,

I have always been a Ducati fan and owing it for the first time in life is like a dream come true. I have the monster 1100 evo 20th anniversary edition in red. Damn excited and enjoying every bit of it. Cheers to all.

Nottsbiker
05-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Welcome :)

You have the 3rd best Monster in my opinion

1. Original M900
2. S4RS
3. 1100 EVO

Probably only person who thinks that mind you :)

DanG
07-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Good morning

joined a couple of years ago. Picked up this Monster a few years ago, some here may know it already. Currently having a comprehensive refresh so expect loads of questions when I start encountering problems!

cheers

Dan

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8598/16673894375_79e40cd02f_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/rpq4Tv)monster3 (https://flic.kr/p/rpq4Tv) by germain_dan (https://www.flickr.com/photos/dan_germain/), on Flickr

Moco1961
07-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Hi Dan,

Is that Hale near Widnes or Hale near Manchester airport ???.........have you been keeping an eye on the North West thread ??

Cheers mike

Moco1961
07-08-2017, 11:10 AM
:biggrin:is that a grey bin I see in the background ??

DanG
07-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Hi Mike

Hale, Manchester Airport

*scuttles off to find Noth West thread*

Moco1961
07-08-2017, 11:18 AM
First sunday of every month Dan......would be great to meet up, Rob04 comes over from Altringham so not too far for you..........

DanG
07-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Sounds good, but don't hold your breath, it may not be September...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4416/36426432395_bf3df17158_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XuSZgR)ducatiEngine1 (https://flic.kr/p/XuSZgR)

Moco1961
07-08-2017, 03:52 PM
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Errrr I am guessing not, but hey you would not be the first to use "alternative " transport

Mowbray Mike
13-07-2019, 11:46 AM
Hi to everyone,
I'm Mike from Surrey & have owned 7 Ducati's previously but now have my first Monster.
I was lucky enough to get one of the 1200 Aninversary Monsters but due to spinal surgery I've only put 230 miles on it.
Hoping for a marked improvement so I can really use such a fantastic bike.
All my previous Ducati's have been race bikes although not raced by me just prepped for much younger & faster guys to ride. The team have had some very successful seasons in the Ducati TriOptions meeting some wonderful people & all of them Ducati fans.

Moco1961
14-07-2019, 06:08 AM
Hi Mike and welcome, hope you get some miles soon, nothing worse than back problems, :mad:

mickj
14-07-2019, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the forum Mike, hope your back doesn't stop you putting in some more miles this year, if the suns out, get out.

the lodger
18-10-2019, 03:33 PM
Hello all, I have owned many bikes but have just bought my first Ducati , a M900 first registered on 23 April 1995. This is now my classic bike . It is for riding but it will be looked after. I'm not sure how early it is . It has a yellow hoop which doesn't seem right for a 95 bike. It does however have a Cagiva fuel cap . Does anyone know ? Engine is #24***and frame is #6***. It has been mildly tuned to the extent of no airbox lid/ K&N filter/gutted standard exhausts but with DB killers , straight through headers and dynojetted to suit. I gather this is a sensible package of mods . Goes well but a bit lumpy on small throttle in town. I'm slightly concerned about the oily engine breather behind the vertical cyclinder which seems to be contributing to the oily smell ...or maybe this is "character" ? I haven't done enough miles to tell if it using excessive oil. I'm sure I will learn all about it over time from the helpful people on the forum. Cheers

slob
18-10-2019, 03:56 PM
hello and welcome

does this help?
https://www.mad-ducati.com/Technical/VINInfo.html

it may have been late registered
only 93 bikes had fully oval silencers, 94 on they were chamfered for more ground clearance.
Albie is probably the one to ask about the finer details of early bikes, with luck he’ll be along in a mo.

the lodger
18-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Thank you Slob

My vin doesn't really fit the information you supplied but it does , of itself, make sense and looks ok.

Moco1961
18-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Welcome aboard Nigel, I think you need to meet us at the next North West meet so we can take a look:rolleyes:

Grumpy
18-10-2019, 08:46 PM
Welcome aboard Nigel. Why not join in with our annual bash the Weekender. You can meet some of the motley crew who frequent this school play ground!:chuckle:

Darkness
18-10-2019, 08:47 PM
hello and welcome

does this help?
https://www.mad-ducati.com/Technical/VINInfo.html

it may have been late registered
only 93 bikes had fully oval silencers, 94 on they were chamfered for more ground clearance.
Albie is probably the one to ask about the finer details of early bikes, with luck he’ll be along in a mo.

Nope. Early ‘94 bikes had unchamfered silencers too.

the lodger
18-10-2019, 09:56 PM
Mine are chamfered. They refer to being Cagiva exhausts.

Moco1961
19-10-2019, 05:01 AM
Any chance of loading a pic or two, may help the debate.....although loading pictures is a challenge :chuckle:

Darkness
19-10-2019, 07:20 AM
Mine are chamfered. They refer to being Cagiva exhausts.

Do they mention M600 or M750 as well as M900 as the smaller bikes came out in Autumn ‘94 and ‘96 respectively?

the lodger
20-10-2019, 08:09 AM
Hello Darkness

No mention of 600/750 , just the 900.

I shall be at Devil's Bridge today for a late lunch if anyone wants a look.

Cheers

JohncatiS4R
10-05-2021, 10:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm John, i own a 4000 mile 2003 S4R in red, my file sizes are way too big to upload a photo unfortunately, so I'll have to take some low resolution images when my bikes back from the shop.

Been riding 8 years, had 4 years off for a career change and this is my first Ducati.

Luddite
10-05-2021, 10:48 AM
For posting pictures, you need to use a photo hosting site.
I use www.postimages.org/signup.

Once you've uploaded your picture, you should be presented with these options...

https://s19.postimg.cc/c4p7xymfn/wp_ss_20180118_0003.png (https://postimg.cc/image/iieb17rbj/)

Click on the blue 'copy' icon next to the 'hotlink for forums' address and paste it into your post.

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

sdsergio
25-06-2021, 12:23 PM
Hi People
I am a new Member with a Monster797 from Argentina !!!
Hope yours is going well

https://i.postimg.cc/2yyFMntv/M797.jpg (https://postimg.cc/7Jv2TJwY)

Luddite
25-06-2021, 12:49 PM
Bienvenido, Sergio!

Nice looking Monster - and what a great background! :thumbsup:

Ztyxx
05-07-2021, 05:17 AM
Hi folks

Been on bikes many years and always loved the look and sound of the ducati's, but always held back due to the reliability issues sat on a 916 at a bike show back when they came out, felt it was way too small (i'm 6ft).

Smashed my hip december 2019 (at an ice rink) and thought i'd never get back on a bike again, I have an urban tiger, managed to get back on 6 months later but felt i needed something more upright, kept my eyes open and took a test run on a supermoto but seat height was just a tad to high to get the leg over.

During a chance visit to Ducati Glasgow with a mate checking up for recalls on his triumph, I spotted a ducati monster 1200 had a wee seat on it and thought yeah this is ideal, bit of disinterest from dealer (realised few days later bike was already sold).

Fast forward few weeks local bike dealer had a trade in, a ducati monster 1200r with full termi system and relatively low mileage, a 45 min test ride was all it needed, took it on a mix of local roads, dealer had recommended urban or touring mode but having been on bikes with absolute zero rider aids i quickly switched to sport ......wow ...sold

2 months later and I love this bike wish i'd got one sooner

Moco1961
05-07-2021, 08:34 AM
welcome aboard Stevie, you have some cracking rods up there too, enjoy, your next challenge is to post pictures ...scenic of course,lochs and mountains please:thumbsup:

Darkness
05-07-2021, 08:58 AM
Greetings!

The 1200R was the most powerful model to date, so there should be plenty of fun to be had out in the wilds.

You need to blag a ride on an early M900 to contrast just how much they’ve changed whilst also staying similar to the original concept.

Ztyxx
05-07-2021, 09:12 AM
welcome aboard Stevie, you have some cracking rods up there too, enjoy, your next challenge is to post pictures ...scenic of course,lochs and mountains please:thumbsup:
Yes Moco1961, im a half hour away from the start of the highlands, where the roads and scenery are second to non, new gopro been ordered, looking forward to getting up there :)

Ztyxx
05-07-2021, 09:14 AM
Greetings!

The 1200R was the most powerful model to date, so there should be plenty of fun to be had out in the wilds.

You need to blag a ride on an early M900 to contrast just how much they’ve changed whilst also staying similar to the original concept.
Hello Darkness, (my old friend) :), the 1200r is a beast, would be nice to try the different monsters, i may make it my mission to try them all

SuzyQ
20-05-2022, 12:51 AM
Greetings from sunny Sleaford , Lincolnshire :thumbsup:

Just ordered my new Monster+ and told it will be here in July so making do with my Tiger 800 until then - actually a great bike for touring but I am sure the Monster will be a lot of fun. Passed my test in 1986 and had the usual fast bikes. Fast forward 36 years buying my first Ducati!

My friend has a Monster and she inspired me to look into buying one as it looks so cool and fits little people like me (with the low seat and the lowering kit) :chuckle:

Hoping to get to the Italian day at Kirkby mid-August and sure I will find out more about what is going on around the local and far area.

Luddite
20-05-2022, 01:21 AM
Welcome aboard! :ukm:

June 21st is officially the longest day but I bet for you every day between now and July will feel like the longest!

I think you're the first member on here I've seen with one of the new Monsters.* I'd be interested to hear what you think of it once it arrives. Pictures too please. Do you plan to customise it at all with the sticker kits or replacement tank panels?

A great biking summer lies ahead! :thumbsup:

*Just out of curiosity Rob, can you tell from the club stats how many new Monsters are members?

slob
20-05-2022, 05:05 AM
Welcome aboard

*7 so far

Mr Gazza
20-05-2022, 08:13 AM
Hello and welcome SuzyQ, do you play bass by any chance?

I look forward to meeting you at East Kirkby.

We have one or two events and meets in the east of England which I try to keep local members up to date with via an email group, drop me a pm with your email address if you'd like to join that.

Vince, since when was slapping a sticker on called customising? Shame on you.. :chuckle:
I thought your bar was higher than that.. :mand:

mickj
20-05-2022, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the forum SuzyQ. :thumbsup:

Luddite
20-05-2022, 09:45 AM
*7 so far

Thanks for that, Rob.

Vince, since when was slapping a sticker on called customising? Shame on you.. :chuckle:
I thought your bar was higher than that.. :mand:

:flamed: I feel suitably chastened, Mr G! :chuckle:

slob
20-05-2022, 11:43 AM
Full sticker kits, vinyl wraps, paintjobs…

anything that makes it non-standard or personalised is customising, certainly as far as your insurance company is concerned. Each to their own ;-)

Grumpy
20-05-2022, 09:11 PM
Welcome aboard SuziQ :D
I'm down the road, so to speak, in Peterborough.
As Gazza, mentioned, a few of us pop along to East Kirkby for the Italian Day, look forward to meeting you.

SuzyQ
21-05-2022, 11:02 AM
Thanks everyone for such a lovely welcome :) I am excited to get my new Monster but have lots to keep me busy such as the Isle of Man TT a week on Monday (I marshal there) and then Farmyard Rally, Baston Bike Show weekend.. July will soon be here :)

No date given for delivery in July as yet but I am at Faro Rally riding through Spain to Portugal for 2 weeks in July so partly do not mind if I get delivery end of July (my birthday then too so great present!).

I have not gone for the customised route as yet - just the practical stuff: Radiator cover; tank protector; engine belly fairing; under seat plate holder and the usual low seat and lowering kit for little people like me :mand:

Non Ducati accessories: Sat Nav Mount and Givi Tank Bag Think I will miss having the luggage capacity but will have to travel light :)

Will PM about the Group Mr Gazza and look forward to meeting everyone.

slob
21-05-2022, 06:06 PM
radiator/oil cooler guards are a must, small stone can mean a big bill. can’t beat evotech imho

Grumpy
21-05-2022, 09:40 PM
Marshalling on the isle is great fun.
Do you have a favourite spot?
Never attended the Baston show, even though is up the road!😂
Once you start modifying your monster, it's a slippery slope!

SuzyQ
27-05-2022, 12:05 AM
I ordered the Ducati radiator guard - bit expensive but hopefully good quality. Did not see an oil cooler guard unless that is the same thing?

SuzyQ
27-05-2022, 12:10 AM
Hi, yes I love sector 1, Union Mills because it is walking distance from my campsite at Glen Lough and right outside the Railway Inn which is useful for the loo in the day and a drink at night :-) This time I am mixing up sectors and trying new places - Greeba Bridge and Ballaugh Bridge then spectating at different points on other days. May get moved though - depending on numbers.

Albie
27-05-2022, 06:21 AM
Hi, yes I love sector 1, Union Mills because it is walking distance from my campsite at Glen Lough and right outside the Railway Inn which is useful for the loo in the day and a drink at night :-) This time I am mixing up sectors and trying new places - Greeba Bridge and Ballaugh Bridge then spectating at different points on other days. May get moved though - depending on numbers.

Have a wonderful time. Hope it's a safe year. Been twice and would dearly love to go again but probably not. Welcome to the ukmoc.

Luddite
27-05-2022, 01:03 PM
Did not see an oil cooler guard unless that is the same thing?

Strangely, I don't think the new Monster has an oil cooler, (although the Supersport with a similar motor does). One less thing to worry about!