PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Meet 28th Jan Report

Nonnie
28-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Well, well, well, who'd have thought?

I thought I would be alone. I thought I'd be the only Monster in the village.

There was me, Perry (Kerry) and her other half (Wayne), Lenny, Linda, Gee (Grant), Colin (who has read the forum for years but never posted but made the effort to see us) and JonJar (In the car as his bike is in Veloces)!!!

A fabulous turnout on a very very cold day. We popped across the pub and sadly due to a liquid most of the night, I wasn't ready to eat but those that did, I thought the food looked pretty good.

It was really great to meet new faces and I thank you very much for making the effort to get there this morning. It was really good to see you. And to the old faces I already knew, how lovely to catch up with you again. I was wondering what on earth had happened to Lenny and Linda so really great to see you again. And, Kerry, I soooo want cable ties like yours. Yes, it's the little things we remember!

A lot of things were discussed and a lot of input was given re plans for the warmer months and ride outs and more meeting places. It was good to know that everybody is as keen as me to develop the Norfolk region.

It was a good meeting and I think we'll have a lot of fun. You're a great bunch of people and it's going to be an interesting Summer!

So, see you mid March if not before. And thanks once again for surprising me with such a great turn out.

And to Veloce for helping me plan things, it's the start of a beautiful relationship! And to Phil Goodes, a venue we will be using again.

TTFN!

p.s. What an excellent amount of noise we made for such a quiet village! Well done us.

benson
28-01-2006, 04:16 PM
My hands are defrosting I THINK and I can just about feel my toes - and that was after a walk!! I mean - how cold is it allowed to get??? Where the **** is global warming when you need it - well done indeed for getting outdoors on bikes - I have resorted to the very soft option of plugging in the optimate (for the honda you understand - not the monster whose battery seems to be totally freeze proof unlike mine...) and making copious amounts of tea and blobbing - which I believe is the non drug realted version of monging - which I believe requires an inordinate amount of class A substances to be a truly worthwhile experience :spin:

I hope you had a good time though and as soon as it's not permafrost out there I'll lbe wacking up the A12 (now that does sound dubious...) to see you all.....Was there soup at the pub I wonder? Just remembering Nonnie and her soup run the other weekend :rolleyes:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Nonnie
28-01-2006, 04:28 PM
WTF???!

No, there was no soup but I think there will be the next time thanks to the alarmingly chef like recipe I was given at Veloce after! It involved cabbage, onions and frankfurters which I think probably will go down well after all.

Missed you anyway, hope you make it for mid March and what could possibly be the S4RS's first outing!

Oh dear, it just gets worse...up the A12 and outing. Oh dear oh dear.

benson
28-01-2006, 04:31 PM
The March dates are certain - and we have to go to the dogs again - should be a giggle.

I have booked Frank in next weekend for his spaghetti pipes - v v v v v shiny and anyway - why die in credit?

Great news that there were some Norfolk-ites out there today - hurrah for that and about the S4R too - can't wait to see it!

Meanwhile take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend,
:p

Nonnie
28-01-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm off to Ipswich now to ransack Shirleys house with yet another night of drinking. Oh dear. There's just no hope for me.

benson
28-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Well done - dismiss those nasty little brain cells like they are going out of fashion/function. Here's to wacking it up the A12 :chuckle:

Paranoid Dave
28-01-2006, 04:57 PM
When the weather warms I too will come and play, I hear Southwold and the coast are calling. Chips here we come.

JONJAR
28-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Yes, it was very good Nonnie, congratulations on getting so many of us out of the warmth of home. It took ten mins for the car to warm up! Not so sure about the pub, I was expecting a nice log fire and some comfortable chairs. My BLT bap just tasted of beefburger fat, but I am a fussy little buggar. The Worlds End just up the road is I think nicer.
Look forward to meeting up again soon!!:thumbsup:

lenny
28-01-2006, 06:24 PM
yes we are back been on skid row dont no wat it means, but it sounds good.nice to see you all, even better to see lots of monsters on the move.see you all soon,now going on the **** :booze: