PDA

View Full Version : I can't quick reply?

Paranoid Dave
27-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Is it just me or have we all lost the ability to QUICK REPLY? I liked that, i can see the box to type in and even the button fir 'post quick reply' but if i try to type it i have to hit the use quick reply button first - which is not there. I'm guessing Yerbs has the same problem as 995 of his posts are done using the quote button ;)

IS it gone, is it coming back or is it just me?

A Yerbury
27-01-2006, 10:01 PM
It's not just this but the browser thing has gone a bit wobbly too? (where is the todays posts?) the avatars are non existent and navigating spares blokes website is still like that first virginal fumble in the dark?..please, no more of that "hey its a free club?" stuff, just make it work? how tricky can it be?

ricky
27-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Typical!ive just changed my avatar too!!!

Paranoid Dave
27-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Oh yeh, thats right alex, you just annoy the people fixing things and doing all the hard work, that'll really help. :twak:

Please Sir, I asked the nice question politely, don't listen to his bullying. In fact while you are working on things can you change that 'only one post every minute' rule for Alex only and set his to only one post every 3 hours. :chuckle:

A Yerbury
27-01-2006, 10:25 PM
David, please grow some bollocks, for your own good...then try and learn how to identify/use them, you annoy no one?! please send me some top tips on "how not to be a whinging/annoying c unt?" I await this info like a boy with very big lungs and the ability to not turn azure...

FB, the avatar thing is getting silly, and stu? you have lost 500 quids worth of clobber as the spares website is still up the swanny?? I am not being a pain in the arse I am (trying to be) a consumer.

pppppps. Dave the "people" ..yes, the ones you have your tongue up are clearly NOT fixing things, it has been a while after all.

Kev Bunney
27-01-2006, 10:44 PM
:scratch: Ah so you can say the slang for a gentlemans testicles without problems, but the very harmless slang for a ladies mammory glands is outlawed,

PS my UKMOC forum page is still **** up !

A Yerbury
27-01-2006, 11:07 PM
:scratch: Ah so you can say the slang for a gentlemans testicles without problems, but the very harmless slang for a ladies mammory glands is outlawed,

PS my UKMOC forum page is still **** up !

indeed! which is why I went up the swanney as opposed to **** up.
but yes, bollocks is acceptable as is -it seems- talking bollocks, a la paranoid sad tit.

tit good two **** bad...which makes sense.

A Yerbury
27-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Oh yeh, thats right alex, you just annoy the people fixing things and doing all the hard work, that'll really help. :twak:

Please Sir, I asked the nice question politely, don't listen to his bullying. In fact while you are working on things can you change that 'only one post every minute' rule for Alex only and set his to only one post every 3 hours. :chuckle:

:I would chuckle but I am not that much of a twat:

steviej
27-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Houston, we have a problem....................

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showpost.php?p=143994&postcount=11

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showpost.php?p=144081&postcount=12

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showpost.php?p=144083&postcount=13

Bring on the Duck Tape™

:ukm:

CK & AK
28-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Bring on the Duck Tape™

I totally agree with that sentiment.

PD's request for 'longer reply time' for one poster is a very valid request - just about every thread in any section gets a ramble about something on it - and quite often those replies are nothing whatsoever to do with the question being asked.

Having nattered last summer & over the winter to 'old hands' who were regulars here, this 'topic' above is one of the main reasons they dont bother to post any more.

We (AK & I) try & help where we can with mechanical problems or questions, but when a thread is already 'very muddied' with non-sensical - and often quite unnecessary or even totally incorrect mechanical replies, we dont bother to reply - how can a newbie make any sense of what is & isnt going to be helpful to them?
It is also rather unhelpful for newbies or others, to see regular posters being railed against, for no particular reason, except for 'fun making' of a dubious quality.

Posters - please can you keep to the topic posted when giving replies? (particularly when the topic is NOT in random chat?)
Take it to PM's, Msn or something else if its outside the topic

Cheers

C:)

eg see link:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/search.php?searchid=303287

fatbloke
28-01-2006, 02:36 PM
It's not just this but the browser thing has gone a bit wobbly too? (where is the todays posts?) the avatars are non existent and navigating spares blokes website is still like that first virginal fumble in the dark?..please, no more of that "hey its a free club?" stuff, just make it work? how tricky can it be?

if you would like to get back to the subject of the thread I'll try to answer
the questions
Avatars >> at the moment i have no idea why they dont work and
neither does Stuart and we are both looking to fix it ASAP
Todays Post's >> if you go to the black navigation bar at the top of the page
and click on "quick links" todays post's is the first option
Quick reply >> Dont know that either

Bickering please either stop, pm each other or dont bother posting its getting
beyond a joke.

A Yerbury
28-01-2006, 03:11 PM
if you would like to get back to the subject of the thread I'll try to answer
the questions
Avatars >> at he moment i have no idea why they dont work and
neither does Stuart and we are both looking to fix it ASAP
Todays Post's >> if you go to the black navigation bar at the top of the page
and click on "quick links" todays post's is the first option
Quick reply >> Dont know that either

Bickering please either stop, pm each other or dont bother posting its getting
beyond a joke.

ah there it is! cheers for that. As for the bickering? I have no idea what captain confrontationals problem is? he used to be such a nice boy but since the end of last year he has been a proper little hitler? why? no idea and don't really give a hoot either. I promise to ignore the twat in future and apologies to all for the bickering, it is all a bit silly.

A.

DesmoDog
28-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Is it just me or have we all lost the ability to QUICK REPLY? I liked that, i can see the box to type in and even the button fir 'post quick reply' but if i try to type it i have to hit the use quick reply button first - which is not there. I'm guessing Yerbs has the same problem as 995 of his posts are done using the quote button ;)

IS it gone, is it coming back or is it just me?

Does this mean no rapid and witty retorts?