PDA

View Full Version : 39mm FCR Carbs WANTED!!! ANYONE ??

antonioshabirto
26-01-2006, 02:38 AM
hi guys im looking for a FCR CARBS >>>>> anyone out there selling ....

PLS PM ME

antonioshabirto
27-01-2006, 07:19 AM
hi guys im looking for a FCR CARBS >>>>> anyone out there selling ....

PLS PM ME

anyone wanna sell their FCR ??

A Yerbury
27-01-2006, 11:08 AM
why would anyone want to sell them? they are just too lovely. I saw a pair on ebay (germany) 500 euros and 39mm I think

antonioshabirto
27-01-2006, 02:27 PM
why would anyone want to sell them? they are just too lovely. I saw a pair on ebay (germany) 500 euros and 39mm I think
bro Im buying not selling ..... which link is it ????? pls tell me ????

A Yerbury
27-01-2006, 02:43 PM
bro Im buying not selling ..... which link is it ????? pls tell me ????

sorry bro you missed the point! it is unlikely anyone here would sell them unless they were getting rid of their monster? anyway back to the point try typing keihin ducati into ebay and make sure you have worlwide stiings set on.
okay?

A.

antonioshabirto
27-01-2006, 04:41 PM
sorry bro you missed the point! it is unlikely anyone here would sell them unless they were getting rid of their monster? anyway back to the point try typing keihin ducati into ebay and make sure you have worlwide stiings set on.
okay?

A.

Thanks i will take note of that

Zimbo
27-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Alternatively, buy them new from California Cycleworks in the states, cheaper than buying them over here.

A Yerbury
27-01-2006, 10:32 PM
voila.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Keihin-FCR-41-Flachschieber-Vergaser-Ducati-750-900_W0QQitemZ8033447422QQcategoryZ88508QQssPageNam eZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you won't need the bellmouths.
A.

Gilps
28-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Wow. Now I can see what all the fuss is about. They are impressive looking aren't they. I'm almost tempted to switch from efi. I wonder if I can get these onto my wife's Hornet. She'd love them too I think.

A Yerbury
28-01-2006, 09:57 AM
I am sure you can get an equivalent flatside for a hornet, I mean it is basically the cbr lump? It would no doubt fly.

stuartg
28-01-2006, 10:53 AM
I am sure you can get an equivalent flatside for a hornet, I mean it is basically the cbr lump? It would no doubt fly.

Being a 4 cylinder, does it need 4 carbs?
If so would be mighty expensive

A Yerbury
28-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Being a 4 cylinder, does it need 4 carbs?
If so would be mighty expensive

keihin make the standard cbr carb, and they do fix four flatsides inline so I dont see why not. probably a bit dear though dear. Just been to see the body shop for a respray and whilst chatting to "steve" his little eyes lit up as he had a cbr600 with flatside keihins, you jump down a size from 35 apparently.. "rude word" amazing he said, no real gains at the top but much more power in the first three gears.

Gilps
28-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks for that, Ill look into it. Sounds like fun. I love her Hornet for its simlpe ease of rideability and buzzy engine, but more mid range might be interesting. I went into the local bike shop today to look at a Benelli and she sat on a Cagiva Raptor 650 and is considering trading the Hornet. She's worse than me.:D

A Yerbury
28-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks for that, Ill look into it. Sounds like fun. I love her Hornet for its simlpe ease of rideability and buzzy engine, but more mid range might be interesting. I went into the local bike shop today to look at a Benelli and she sat on a Cagiva Raptor 650 and is considering trading the Hornet. She's worse than me.:D

hang on, she would prefer a raptor over the monster!? say it aint so!

gary tompkins
28-01-2006, 07:02 PM
voila.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Keihin-FCR-41-Flachschieber-Vergaser-Ducati-750-900_W0QQitemZ8033447422QQcategoryZ88508QQssPageNam eZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you won't need the bellmouths.
A.

The items location made me chuckle :chuckle:

A Yerbury
28-01-2006, 11:26 PM
it's always wise to read the small print.

Gilps
29-01-2006, 01:21 PM
hang on, she would prefer a raptor over the monster!? say it aint so!
She's ridden my Monster and really liked it. That's what got her thinking about changing from her Hornet in the first place. Up till then she was real happy with her bike but realised it was just lacking in a certain something after riding the Duc. So, if it ain't Jap then its got to be American/Buell, British/Triumph, or Italian. I love the Buell but it only makes sense when hooning around on. Stop hooning and it all gets a bit boring. Triumph don't make anything she likes, so it's going to be something Italian. She's not a big fan of Ducatis and the only one she likes is the S2r. Wouldn't we look quaint on his and hers matching bikes? The Raptor is the sensible option. I like the Benelli TNT but it is too much bike for her, and anyway, I want one. She also like the MV Agusta Brutale so that could be the other option. Bit of a price differnce though. The Raptor engine is solida, tried and tested. Its from the Suzuki SV650. But the bike still has that certain Italian styling. It's over to her now so it could take a while.

A Yerbury
29-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Well it (the raptor) was designed by the same Argetinian that designed the monster. I was quite taken with the big faired raptor 5 years ago?...in fact my ex nearly bought one, but I dont think they have aged terribly well and they are not that modable? the bare one looks a lot like a monster in any case? The engines are tried and tested but then so is the ie ducati engine? Oh well, in my experience there are some women that have their own aesthetic opinions, and hurrah for them, the world would be a very dull place otherwise.

happy shopping.
A.

gary tompkins
29-01-2006, 02:58 PM
I would never consider the Raptor a pukka italian bike all the time it uses a Suzuki motor. If I was going to buy italian I would go for one that uses a factory engine, otherwise you may as well by an SV650 and save some money?

Most of the current Ducati lumps have been around for at least as long as the SV anyway?

Zimbo
29-01-2006, 04:00 PM
The raptor should be pretty good, nice low seat height and brembo brakes etc, and the SV engine is good, makes sense as an alternative to a monster (though obviously the monster is preferable :mand: )

Gilps
29-01-2006, 05:25 PM
The engines are tried and tested but then so is the ie ducati engine?
That would be the same engine that ran for 2 weeks up to first service then was off the road for 3 weeks whilst Ducati supplied new barrels and pistons. I really like my Monster and right now would be hard pushed to change it for anything else, but I went into Ducati ownership with my eyes wide open expecting a certain degree of unreliability. I haven't been dissapointed. I'm afraid I'm not a very good advert for Ducati, as much as I like my bike. My mates have said "I told you so" and unless they ride one my protestations will continue to fall on deaf ears. Theres no way in the world my wife will buy one. She will probably have just as many problems with any other Italian bike (and Jap bikes have problems too sometimes) but she feels that is a chance she will have to take, as it is only a chance. She's confident that a Ducati WILL have problems and that is a chance she is not prepared to take. Sad but true. Could be worse, she could be interested in a Bimota.
Have we hijacked this thread?:look:

antonioshabirto
31-01-2006, 06:16 AM
Im kinda confused bet 39mm or 41mm for optimum performance...

any one who has used a 41mm on a m600 pls give a reviews

Pls advise....

A Yerbury
31-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Im kinda confused bet 39mm or 41mm for optimum performance...

any one who has used a 41mm on a m600 pls give a reviews

Pls advise....

oh come on antonio pay attention..I have spoke of little else for the past week!

antonioshabirto
31-01-2006, 11:15 AM
oh come on antonio pay attention..I have spoke of little else for the past week!

Even if u have said it ..... its no harm saying it again....if u dun wanna advise ignore the msg then

A Yerbury
31-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Even if u have said it ..... its no harm saying it again....if u dun wanna advise ignore the msg then I have no trouble advising people (as many will attest) get the 31's they will both perform the same, but the 41's are more expensive and will need possibly a dyno tweak for a 600. on the other hand if you plan pn hetting a 900 in a few years then you can use the 41's.Finally there is no harm asking twice.. it just makes you look a bit.....

good luck, get them new from ca cycleworks for 750 bucks.

A.

ps.how do you find the 680 kit? my main reason for possibly doing that is to loose the clang from the origional 600 pistons. ta bro.

antonioshabirto
31-01-2006, 11:49 AM
I have no trouble advising people (as many will attest) get the 31's they will both perform the same, but the 41's are more expensive and will need possibly a dyno tweak for a 600. on the other hand if you plan pn hetting a 900 in a few years then you can use the 41's.Finally there is no harm asking twice.. it just makes you look a bit.....

good luck, get them new from ca cycleworks for 750 bucks.

A.

ps.how do you find the 680 kit? my main reason for possibly doing that is to loose the clang from the origional 600 pistons. ta bro.

im happy with the 680 kit.... but carbs is my last upgrage kit .... as i have done most of the other parts......

well i know u have advise me for the 39mm and im aware of that ...... but i did read somewhere stating that 41mm perform better on m600 too..... and the bottomline is ..... both is selling at the same price..... not much of a diff...
and on my opinion if price dun differ i would go for the best...