PDA

View Full Version : problem page(s)

DesmoDom
23-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Heeeeeelp,
I seem to have a prob when logging on, ie, the site open up on the portal page and it's all the way over to the right of the screen. When I move it across, the page is very narrow and the text, ie, NEWS, GALLERY, FORUM etc, stay over on the right. :cens:
The gallery page is OK, as is the gear page, but the rest are being very right wing (very much to the right).
Any idea's how I can fix this, as this is the only site it happens on.
All the best

Baz:dizzy:

fatbloke
23-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Heeeeeelp,
I seem to have a prob when logging on, ie, the site open up on the portal page and it's all the way over to the right of the screen. When I move it across, the page is very narrow and the text, ie, NEWS, GALLERY, FORUM etc, stay over on the right. :cens:
The gallery page is OK, as is the gear page, but the rest are being very right wing (very much to the right).
Any idea's how I can fix this, as this is the only site it happens on.
All the best

Baz:dizzy:
I've been looking into this Baz and I cant put my finger on the problem,
it only seems to happen to a few people and so far i have no idea why,
but i'll keep looking.

DesmoDom
23-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Cheers Terry,
You is a STAR:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

All the best
Baz

Duncan
23-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Baz

The problem is because the page is set up for England and with you being just over the borders in Wales and off to the left of us it means nothing quite lines up and all sits to the right. What do you expect with devolution?

I suggest you apply for an English passport through Peterborough and not Newport office where they will sell you a phoney Welsh one. Log in using your passport number and it will all sort itself out.

DesmoDom
23-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Hiya Duncan,
I've tried that. Cos we've moved to West Wales, near Carmarthen, I've got to apply for citizenship and learn the language. When I told them I've lived in Wales for years, ie Newport, they said "that's not Wales, that's England, so it does'nt count. one bonus though, we're only 5 miles from Pembury race circuit :flag:

Baz

Gilps
24-01-2006, 06:38 AM
I get this problem on my desktop running windows 98, but my laptop runing XP is fine. They are set to the same resolution.

DesmoDom
24-01-2006, 07:32 AM
Well I'm running 2000 Pro and I've never had this happen before. Could it be that I need to make my hamster run faster in his wheel, or should I just upgrade to XP :scratch:

Baz