PDA

View Full Version : July 22nd Buell and European V-Twin Festival

Paranoid Dave
23-01-2006, 02:15 PM
If you love V-Twins then mark this day in the diary, Buell even organiser Chrsi Jessop has invited us all at UKMOC to join the UK Buell club on the tarmac at lincolnshire aviation in a mission to group together as many Buells and European V-Twins as possible.... and raise some money for varying causes at the same time. It WILL be one hell of a day!

Some of you have been before and this year will be bigger than any previous day, any bike is welcome and every eurpean V-Twin club has been invited to line up on show including the DSC and the DOC. Below is the message Chris has sent to all the clubs. Look forward to seeing as meany of you there as possible.

http://www.asof10.dsl.pipex.com/ukbeg/martain/bike090.jpg

Saturday 22nd July 2006 - UKBEG Emma Radford Memorial Buell & European V-twin Festival.

On behalf of the UK Buell Enthusiasts Group I'd like to invite ----- owners to this festival. This will be our third event at this location dedicated to the memory of one of our members who passed away 22-04-04, aged just 26. We'll also be raising money for the Cystic Fibrosis charity.

In addition to approx. 150 Buells, there'll be Italian bikes from Aprilia, Cagiva, Ducati, Morini and Moto Guzzi. British bikes will include Brough Superior, Hesketh and Vincent.

The event will include a Lancaster bomer taxi-run and a Spitfire flying display. If you like Rolls Royce V12 Merlin engines at full chat and red-blooded V-twin motorcycles you'll really appreciate this event!

Nonnie
23-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Now this is a great day out for a great cause.

The bomber is so loud you could split your ears, the Spitfire display is put on solely for the people attending, the food is good and the coffee magnificent.

Now get on your bike and go!

Obviously at the correct time and date.

CK & AK
23-01-2006, 03:11 PM
should be a good turnout from the DSC there too - going by the amount of posts on the thread last week:cool:

Paranoid Dave
23-01-2006, 03:21 PM
i was reading that with interest, shocked at just how many plan on coming and planning on the mass ride-in. I'm guessing +250 V-twins on the day, not including the 5 with wings :D

fatbloke
23-01-2006, 06:08 PM
i was reading that with interest, shocked at just how many plan on coming and planning on the mass ride-in. I'm guessing +250 V-twins on the day, not including the 5 with wings :D
Sounds like a grea day count me in

rockbob
23-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Sounds like a great idea!! count me in:thumbsup: would'nt it be good if all those who were attending from UKMOC could meet somewhere and all ride in together:idea:

Paranoid Dave
23-01-2006, 06:50 PM
ride in together you say, well i know the buell club have many many meet points and ride in to the museum in groups, the DSC are planning the same so why the hell not. Get the banners ready, its gonna be a big day.

JMo
25-01-2006, 12:01 AM
I'll endeavor to gee up the few Sussexites we have left - but it is a 400+ mile round trip which is bit much in a day...

I of course, shall endeavor to bunk over at J&R's (if they are going) - so will almost certainly see you there!

xxx

Moley
25-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Very interested in this one Dave. There and back from Chelmsford in a day is not too appealing but I am happy to look for overnight accomodation and have a relaxing ride back on the Sunday.

Chappers
26-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Count me in plus I'll try my best to get the few Bucks lot out in my area and no doubt Madhatter will get a few Beds peeps too:ukm:

Mand
26-01-2006, 09:21 AM
If I can get a work swap, I will be game for this too. Hopefully some MMM will be coming?

Paranoid Dave
26-01-2006, 02:29 PM
the more the merrier, it really is a fantastic sight, if i can find the pic of kylie in front of the planes i'll post it. Standing 30ft from 4 merlin engines when they fire up is incredible.

With any luck this will be the biggest V-Twin meet in the country, certainly a good chance to get some serious numbers.

Paranoid Dave
26-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Here you go, this should entice a few people to come :eyepopping:

It has been organised so we can have a photo call in front of the lanc with all the bikes lined up in front of it. Wonder if they'll let us hang a UKMOC banner on the plane ;)

Pugi
26-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Here you go, this should entice a few people to come :eyepopping:

It has been organised so we can have a photo call in front of the lanc with all the bikes lined up in front of it. Wonder if they'll let us hang a UKMOC banner on the plane ;)

Sweet! :thumbsup:

rockbob
26-01-2006, 09:26 PM
I live about 40 odd miles from the airfield with some great roads on the way there!!!:idea: if there is anybody who wants to go but does not fancy the trip in one day i.e you live to far away i would be happy to offer overnight accomodation to 2 or possibly 4 at a push (2 spare rooms,2 campbeds) + secure garage you provide the beer/beverages:booze: and i will provide breakfast (used to be chef!) if there is anybody interested get back to me on this thread and we'll sort something out first come etc etc

bigredduke
30-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Was unable to make it last year - I was on family hols. This year we're going a week later so I am hoping to be there with jolly old bells on!:woot:

It's about a 60 mile ride each way so it should be enjoyable. If anyone else wants to join me en route from East Yorks (over the Humber Bridge) then let me know. Putting the date on the calendar now!

BoozyBOB
31-01-2006, 12:02 AM
did not make it last time...but i will enter in the diary (in pencil for the mo..) but will def try and be there.....:)

as for overnight (beer) sleep...and (beer)...breakfast....mmmm:idea:

Nim
01-02-2006, 09:11 PM
well, sounds gd to me...especially the photo, banner and beer part...(mmm...beer) anyone fancying riding up from surrey or london way id be happy to join you....probably a plan to stay in the area for the night though

Tigerlily
11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
I missed this one last year too but I went the year before and had a great day :)

I'll be there again this year :mand:

:tiger:

Bodybag
24-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Not sure whether I'll be in London as I might have moved back to Leicester by then. If I'm still in London, does anybody fancy riding up as a group? We should get all the areas to meet in one place, close to the airfield, to all ride in together as has been suggested. :D

Phil

Paranoid Dave
24-03-2006, 03:10 PM
like your thinking, but a lot of planning ;) I'll see you there.

The DSC and the Buellers are doing mass ride ins from each direction.... so why the hell not

Paranoid Dave
20-04-2006, 03:22 PM
This meet has got a good plugging in Classic Motorcycle Mag out now, page 15 if you want to read it in the shop rather than buy it - tight git!

Nice little pic too :D