PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Meet Saturday 28th Jan

Nonnie
21-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I have had some propa replies to my stalking type private messages to the Norfolk folk. Yes, I got replies! There are really Monster owners out there just waiting to play! Like, I'm well chuffed innit!

Soooooo, who fancies a blast to a year round open tea shop, a look at the sea and a fight with some scooter owners? Just joshing about the last bit, really.

Open of course to suggestions of lovely places to go.

Benson, me old faithful pal from The Big Smoke is joining us so it's even a kind of multi regional meet! Ya got to big it up haven't you?

We will of course be frequenting the pub that evening too.

Who's coming out to play then?

Paranoid Dave
21-01-2006, 09:07 PM
i wonder if i can get kylie sorted? :idea:

Nonnie
21-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Go on Dave!

It'll be fun watching our fingers turn blue and freezing our arses off in search of that all elusive gorgeous latte at the end of it.

Go on, get her sorted and wrap up well because you know it'll be fun.

Will
21-01-2006, 09:34 PM
I have had some propa replies to my stalking type private messages to the Norfolk folk. Yes, I got replies! There are really Monster owners out there just waiting to play! Like, I'm well chuffed innit!

Soooooo, who fancies a blast to a year round open tea shop, a look at the sea and a fight with some scooter owners? Just joshing about the last bit, really.

Open of course to suggestions of lovely places to go.

Benson, me old faithful pal from The Big Smoke is joining us so it's even a kind of multi regional meet! Ya got to big it up haven't you?

We will of course be frequenting the pub that evening too.

Who's coming out to play then?

if I haven't sold the Monster by then I might come out to play - after all I did buy my bike in Norfolk.

Nonnie
22-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Hey Will

Hope you make it!

When I get a better idea of what's what, I'll do a time and place meeting up type thing. Always useful that!

Paranoid Dave
22-01-2006, 10:03 AM
I need a new pair of indicators, nice ones not junk or HUGE things. Thats one reason i took the tail apart and don't want to have to do it again. Seat i can cut down easily and should get it to fit right, but the blinkers gotta be sorted.

:look:

Nonnie
24-01-2006, 06:46 AM
So far weather looks cold but no snow.

If I say 12 midday Saturday 28th Jan at Veloce?

I don't mind the cold but I'm waiting for my eye to improve as it appears to be infected with something at the moment but I guess it'll be OK. I look like one of the smilies....yeah...this one :freak:

We could just get together to say Hi and then shoot off for a nice warming latte somewhere.

I'll turn up anyway as I quite like going there and just incase some of you are too reticent in using the message boards but a show of hands would be really nice so's I don't think I'll be on my tod.

Gee
24-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Helloo.
Think i have to go to Veloce Saturday anyhow. Need to speak to Ducati John about getting my other little Monster back together. she will be for sale if anybody knows of an interested party. Not letting her go to just any old home though. Its a 750 that has been lavished with toys and treated with much love and long may it continue. It has tuned and uprated everything. I'll post some pics and specs when shes done.
So 12 ish should be good for me and we can get them to make the coffees, for starters.

Nonnie
24-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Thanks Gee.

Veloce, I know you read this, coffee! Please? It's cold, etc.

See you there.

Gee
24-01-2006, 10:07 AM
None of those fellas out there can read, can you Gary? And as you did'nt post any pictures for them to look at you'll have to phone ahead to pre-order coffee.

Nonnie
24-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Pictures?

What pictures?

Gee
24-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Never mind. See you Saturday.

benson
24-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Blimey it's cold - and to be honest if it's like this on Saturday I'll be 100 miles south of veloce in London!

Froze after a 45 minute ride to work today so forgive the wimping out in advance but I feel I might die en route - I'll let you know!!!

xxxxx:flag:

Nonnie
24-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Hehe! It's only about 20 minutes from me.

But I agree, t'is cold.

Will
24-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Hehe! It's only about 20 minutes from me.

But I agree, t'is cold.

Possible snow now forecast for Saturday - 100 miles on the Monster in freezing weather won't be too much fun - unsure now, but if I do make it then it will have to be on the Beemer - hand guards and heated grips you see. :woot:

benson
24-01-2006, 10:02 PM
me too Will - heated grips on the bmw have been my life support tgis week!!!:yoparty:

Nonnie
25-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Oh for the luxury of another bike and with heated grips!

I've been thinking of getting a pair too. Grips though, not bikes. That would be greedy.

OK then, provided it's not snowing or minus 47.........

Gee
25-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Be ok if its like today, its only -46.

Benson, "That stroking my imac" thing. Is that the stuff you wax your legs with? You could probably do with leaving the hair alone. Keep you warm in this weather!

benson
25-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Oh no - no wonder my internet connection is so slow Gee!!! :freak: He he he - that really made me chuckle...

Actually I'm now stroking my powerbook... Well work's powerbook... Sad fool that I am... :cry:

And yes Nonnie - you NEED heated grips! :mand:

Paranoid Dave
25-01-2006, 06:24 PM
no you don't need heated grips, you need to stay home in winter and mong.

Nonnie
25-01-2006, 06:44 PM
no you don't need heated grips, you need to stay home in winter and mong.
No, monging takes place on the first Thursday of the month. Do keep up 007.

Kerry
25-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi there. Yes nonnie count me in as long as there is no snow. Evan if we just meet there for a coffee and chat it would be nice to see who is around the norfolk area and to meet you all. I think it will be cold and dry at the mo. Lets hop it stays that way. If so see you saturday at 12.00.:cool:

Nonnie
25-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Hey Perry, would be fab to see you. My thoughts exactly, a coffee and a chat if it's too cold really to be out. See you Saturday!

Nonnie
26-01-2006, 07:53 AM
The pub (Phil Goodes) opposite Veloces is going to be running Bikers Specials this Saturday. Along with the open fires....(Oooh that sounds luvverly)

Jumbo hot dog, fries and onions = £2.95
Cheeseburger & fries = £3.95
9" pizza = £4.85
Bacon & Egg bap = £ 1.80
Fish & chips = £2.95
+ of course hot and cold drinks.

Many thanks to Veloce for the negotiations.

There probably won't be too many takers for this in the colder months but how fab for us in the Spring and Summer. Welcoming landlord, special menus and they will put the bike racing on too. We must use this facility!

Will
27-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Changed my mind - still far too much salt on the roads for either of my shiny bikes - so decided to take my son to the London Motorcycle Show.

:banana:

Norfolk will have to wait for another day.

Nonnie
27-01-2006, 12:01 PM
OK Will, no worries.

It's so easy for me at least as it's not far. I will keep on posting stuff up though so hopefully see you soon.

Have fun at the show!

Nonnie
28-01-2006, 02:06 AM
Is it really 3 am???

Apparently so. I am a little bit pissed, no change there for an alternate Friday night then. However, I shall be at the designated meeting place tomorrow as I have every faith that my anticipated hangover will clear by the time I get to the bottom of the road as I have previous experience that as soon as the cold air hits my face, I shall sobre up. No worries!

I also have more news on the eye infection! It's actually a cyst in my eye. I mean, how, ummmm, ugh is that? But I am a trooper and will be donning shades and antibiotic eye drops, failing that, a minor eye operation should sort it.

God, I am such a soldier.

See you tomorrow. Night and all. Actually unless I wake up and see snow, then obvious;ly I won't be going and neither should you! No snow then yes, see you then.

Pugi
28-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Well I reckon old people get home sooner... :mand:
Your inebriation can't be too bad though, spelling and grammar is still well over the populations average level.

Get well soon you brave soldier.

Nonnie
28-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Thank you Pugi!

It is a beautiful morning here. The sky is blue, the sun is shining, I'm going to throw coffee at myself until I wake up and then i'm off to Veloces!

Pugi
28-01-2006, 02:18 PM
It is a lovely day...a bit sad the bike is in bits. I hope you guys are enjoying yourselves right now.

Nonnie
28-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Poor Pugi, staying in the warm with a bike in bits.

We had a rubbish time anyway....

Go see http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=15778

Hehe