PDA

View Full Version : Kent UKMOC Logo ?

MilesB
18-01-2006, 07:39 PM
At the last get together at the Oakdene, Bob suggested that we get a logo (to go on a T-shirt, badge, whatever) so that other new members could identify us.

I had a few thoughts and came up with this... combining the UKMOC initials (courtesy of PD), Ducati Circle D logo, and white horse of Kent.

Thoughts... ?

A Yerbury
18-01-2006, 07:56 PM
At the last get together at the Oakdene, Bob suggested that we get a logo (to go on a T-shirt, badge, whatever) so that other new members could identify us.

I had a few thoughts and came up with this... combining the UKMOC initials (courtesy of PD), Ducati Circle D logo, and white horse of Kent.

Thoughts... ?

That would be a very handy way of identifying you all.

Richard_S
18-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Mr. Montezemolo may take issue with you helping yourselves to his Cavallino but you can't argue with rock and roll.

Nonnie
18-01-2006, 08:27 PM
I've got a ruddy great big red motorbike and still nobody can find me!

Alone of Norfolk

fatbloke
18-01-2006, 09:15 PM

Thoughts... ?
I like it!
it reminds me of my shoulder:cool:

GULLY
18-01-2006, 09:26 PM

Thoughts... ?

Hi MilesB

I think that is not bad at tool:D
please do not tel me that was you 1st attempt at this because that would
have take me some time.

Paranoid Dave
18-01-2006, 09:42 PM
never heard of the kent horse, is that the actual one cos it looks very car like IYKWIM.

Although there is something a bit fun about this regional badge, it could catch on, but then it could turn a bit harley chapter-ish. :wallace: :gromit:

Albie
18-01-2006, 10:22 PM
I kind of like it. I would have had a larf if I could paste stuff and done a burberry one. What colour Tee shirts we thinking then. I like black personally. well done miles.:drunk:

A Yerbury
18-01-2006, 11:14 PM
never heard of the kent horse, is that the actual one cos it looks very car like IYKWIM.

Although there is something a bit fun about this regional badge, it could catch on, but then it could turn a bit harley chapter-ish. :wallace: :gromit:

I can just imagine the initiation rites...

Albie
18-01-2006, 11:36 PM
You have to wear power ranger leathers for a day. Yesssssss Im in.:ukm: :eyepopping:

slob
19-01-2006, 07:24 AM
I think it probably involves ice cream at Broadstairs and flying guano!

MilesB
19-01-2006, 08:43 AM
You have to wear power ranger leathers for a day.
...and I seem to remember a pot of Honey and a paddock stand:on:

MilesB
19-01-2006, 08:55 AM

The White Horse on a red background is the symbol of Kent, and comes from the flag of the ancient Saxon Kingdom:roger: ... check out
http://www.kent.gov.uk/Community/kent-and-its-people/history-of-kent/
...scroll down to the bottom.

(So in that case, it probably has a bit longer heritage than any car IYKWIM.)

However, I do agree I did worry it could be taken to be a bit 'Are you local?' :nash: ... but I didn't think that UKMOC was that sort of club

MilesB
19-01-2006, 09:07 AM
please do not tel me that was you 1st attempt at this because that would have take me some time.
Sorry Graham - first attempt... but it is only in Draft, as I need to simplify the Ducati Circle D as its a bit pixelated. I thought what I wanted:idea: , got the three images, and bolted them together in Corel :gromit: .

A Yerbury
19-01-2006, 09:18 AM
The ducati circle, when printed on a t shirt with a horsey in front of it will look like a japanese flag?

Nonnie
19-01-2006, 09:26 AM

Between us, Dave, we have enough members for a paragraph only.

I want a regional badge, I want the Ducati circle with a tractor on it!

MilesB
19-01-2006, 09:36 AM
The ducati circle, when printed on a t shirt with a horsey in front of it will look like a japanese flag?
Only if you have very poor eyesight :look:

MilesB
19-01-2006, 09:43 AM
I want a regional badge, I want the Ducati circle with a tractor on it!
I'm only thinking out loud because of...
http://ukmonster.co.uk/html/gear.php
...Terry ?

I'd quite happily buy a UKMOC T-shirt, but there ain't one :(

A Yerbury
19-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Only if you have very poor eyesight :look:

most people do.

MilesB
19-01-2006, 02:58 PM
most people do.
Sadly you may be right.

Paranoid Dave
19-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Ducati logo and a tractor eh nonnie, a kind of ducati-fergusson

so what the hell is soffolk, not as chav as essex, not as rural as norfolk, not as educated as cambridgeshire. Maybe some reference to holland?:scratch:

Nonnie
19-01-2006, 04:12 PM
It's Constable country innit.

You need a haywain etc,.

Or you could have a piece of straw sticking out of the circle?

I am really liking the idea of regional badges. There is a lot of fun to be had with this one.

MilesB
19-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Ducati logo and a tractor eh nonnie, a kind of ducati-fergusson

so what the hell is soffolk, not as chav as essex, not as rural as norfolk, not as educated as cambridgeshire. Maybe some reference to holland?:scratch:
Tractor? - maybe a Moto-Guzzi :eyepopping: - italian V-twin with PTO... oh no, that's a shaft drive :D

Why Holland - surely that's Norfolk - Sufolk is far too hilly and is probably more like Denmark... and an early Danish settlement area (I think). Sutton Hoo?

MilesB
19-01-2006, 04:25 PM
It's Constable country innit.

You need a haywain etc,.
...or a half submerged Monster :hissy:

Or you could have a piece of straw sticking out of the circle?
How about a turkey... "bootiful" ;)

I am really liking the idea of regional badges. There is a lot of fun to be had with this one.
And I'm thinking 'Oh dear what have I done?!" :D

Nonnie
19-01-2006, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=MilesB

How about a turkey... "bootiful" ;)

And I'm thinking 'Oh dear what have I done?!" :D[/QUOTE]

And I'm thinking turkey is Norfolk innit!

I think it's fab you're thinking Oh dear what have I done? I'm well impressed with the idea, want t shirts printed and everything. Want to see what everyone else can come up with!

Paranoid Dave
19-01-2006, 05:31 PM
if this happens, don't forget to keep it as a UKMOC badge and not a ducati badge.

MilesB
19-01-2006, 05:35 PM
And I'm thinking turkey is Norfolk innit!
Aaargh - getting my responses to you and Dave mixed up

gary tompkins
20-01-2006, 03:11 PM
The shield contains a white horse on a red field which is reputed to be the symbol of the ancient Saxon kingdom of Kent.

The crest is a mural coronet with three masts and sails rising above it. The coronet commemorates the fact that, for four hundred years, Kent was an independent Saxon kingdom. Its mural form is symbolic of the many fortified castles and towns in the county and the masts and sails are emblems of its intimate links with the Navy, the Mercantile Marine and Sea Fisheries.

The sea lions which support the shield are symbolic of the support that Kentish seaman have given to the sea-power of England through the centuries and the fact that the long coastline of Kent is part of England's frontier with continental Europe.

From the collar of one sea lion is suspended a shield bearing the Arms of the Cinque Ports, which had an obligation to provide substantial support for the naval forces of England until modern times. Four of the Cinque Ports are in Kent.

From the collar of the other sea lion is suspended a shield bearing the Arms of the Archbishopric of Canterbury, founded by St Augustine who landed in Kent in AD 597. Canterbury is the primary See of the English Church.

The long serving Kent motto 'Invicta' means 'unconquered' or 'untamed'. It is an allusion to the belief that Kent has kept its boundaries intact since pre-Roman times and that its people had "reserved to themselves and their posterity, their ancient Customs and Liberties" (Richard Kilburn 1659). The motto is on a ribbon the colour of which is as near as possible to the time- honoured Kentish Grey, a colour of significance in the days of the weaving industry in Kent.

nik_the_brief
20-01-2006, 04:56 PM
The shield contains a white horse on a red field which is reputed to be the symbol of the ancient Saxon kingdom of Kent.

The crest is a mural coronet with three masts and sails rising above it. The coronet commemorates the fact that, for four hundred years, Kent was an independent Saxon kingdom. Its mural form is symbolic of the many fortified castles and towns in the county and the masts and sails are emblems of its intimate links with the Navy, the Mercantile Marine and Sea Fisheries.

The sea lions which support the shield are symbolic of the support that Kentish seaman have given to the sea-power of England through the centuries and the fact that the long coastline of Kent is part of England's frontier with continental Europe.

From the collar of one sea lion is suspended a shield bearing the Arms of the Cinque Ports, which had an obligation to provide substantial support for the naval forces of England until modern times. Four of the Cinque Ports are in Kent.

From the collar of the other sea lion is suspended a shield bearing the Arms of the Archbishopric of Canterbury, founded by St Augustine who landed in Kent in AD 597. Canterbury is the primary See of the English Church.

The long serving Kent motto 'Invicta' means 'unconquered' or 'untamed'. It is an allusion to the belief that Kent has kept its boundaries intact since pre-Roman times and that its people had "reserved to themselves and their posterity, their ancient Customs and Liberties" (Richard Kilburn 1659). The motto is on a ribbon the colour of which is as near as possible to the time- honoured Kentish Grey, a colour of significance in the days of the weaving industry in Kent.

I live in a Cinque Port - pronounced 'Sink' by the way not that nasty French way. We used to benefit from tax breaks for providing a fighting ship and crew for the King's Navy.

Down our way we also have our own Shepway horse, recently carved into the hill - perhaps I should form a splinter group just me (and possibly Patinthehat!)

Lady-Bob
25-01-2006, 01:01 PM

You betcha.... an annual ceremony. No umbrellas allowed and only black leathers to show up guano in all it's colourful glory! :D

Lady-Bob
25-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Milesb.....

I think it's a good one.:woot:
But for those dimbo's (PD to name but one!) :D who do not recognise the Kent horse (and I agree the Invicta Horse - not the new-fangled Folkestone designer horse jobbie! :fou: ) I think we should show the words KENT LOT underneath the "UKMOC"

But on what background?

A white background will get too grubby very quickly.

Can the colours be successfully inverted to incorporate a black background???? with a white-lined horse (like the chalk version) and white wording?

Do you think oval or round patch?

Can we have the horse with guano on it's shoulder as a Kent tribute to new members and our sense of humour :eyepopping: - or would that be disrespectful to the horse!?

Next Question to all ... Anyone got any contacts with some patch makers where we might get this made up at a reasonable cost?

And what do you think would be a price you'd be willing to pay for a Kent Lot arm patch?

Answers on a postcard please ..... :ukm:

Lady-Bob
25-01-2006, 01:21 PM

It would seem there's only one anorak around here hunny :fou: !!!!!!!

gary tompkins
25-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Just offering a service my dear

I think I prefer the t-shirt option to the patch at the moment.

Patches are difficult to attach to most bike wear and get grubby quickly.

MilesB
25-01-2006, 02:14 PM
I think it's a good one.:woot:
But for those dimbo's :D who do not recognise the Kent horse I think we should show the words KENT LOT underneath the "UKMOC"
'KENT LOT' :twak:
I'm sure we can do better than that... maybe "Kent Monstermob" ?

But on what background?
A white background will get too grubby very quickly.
Can the colours be successfully inverted to incorporate a black background???? with a white-lined horse (like the chalk version) and white wording?:
I don't see a problem with changing the background... it needs to be Dark to be suitable for most things, but I was just working with what I had. Text in White is OK, Kent horse has to be White, and preferably on a red background - although not necessarily Ducati Red... I'll give it a go tonight, although as the Broadband is down at home it will have to wait before I can post it up.

Can we have the horse with guano on it's shoulder as a Kent tribute to new members and our sense of humour :eyepopping: - or would that be disrespectful to the horse!?
Guano on a white horse :eyepopping: not gonna be very visible ?

Miles

gary tompkins
25-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Miles,

The horse in the pukka kent crest I posted is on a red shield background?

How about Kent Flock? we do have a lot of sheep down here :D

MilesB
25-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Or...
How about starting with the Ducati Corse sheild (see attached), but edit so that:
'DUCATI' becomes 'UKMOC' (preferably in the same font?)
'Corse' becomes 'Kent'
and the Circle-D becomes the White Horse ?
Background remains the same, fading down from black to red ?

MilesB
25-01-2006, 03:06 PM
I think I prefer the t-shirt option to the patch at the moment.
Patches are difficult to attach to most bike wear and get grubby quickly.
I gotta agree with the anorak wearer :mand: - also, I've got 4 jackets... thats 4 patches :eek:

slob
25-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Or...
How about starting with the Ducati Corse sheild (see attached), but edit so that:
'DUCATI' becomes 'UKMOC' (preferably in the same font?)
'Corse' becomes 'Kent'
and the Circle-D becomes the White Horse ?
Background remains the same, fading down from black to red ?
As an outsider... that sound good!

gary tompkins
26-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Suggestions for the text under the UKMOC logo if you please :D

Something like this maybe....?

A Yerbury
26-01-2006, 12:24 AM
crew? what? are we down with the so solid massif? Nice picture but loose the crew, it's a bit "trendy uncle" IMO.

gary tompkins
26-01-2006, 01:04 AM
See alternative picture - you beat me to the draw :p

As soon as I added the 'crew' I thought... naah that looks s*ite!

Glad to see great minds think alike? :hail:

MilesB
26-01-2006, 08:38 AM
See alternative picture - you beat me to the draw :p
As soon as I added the 'crew' I thought... naah that looks s*ite!
Glad to see great minds think alike? :hail:
'Kent Crew' :banghead:, I think that deserves another :twak:
Well at least you didn't put 'Kent Krew' :nash: :cens:

Good grief... it must come from livin' so close to Sauf Lundun :mand:

However, the 'alternative' looks good to me - now to agree on a Font... I'm gonna try and do 'UKMOC' and 'Kent' in the contemporary Ducati font to see what it looks like.

MilesB
26-01-2006, 12:58 PM
now to agree on a Font... I'm gonna try and do 'UKMOC' and 'Kent' in the contemporary Ducati font to see what it looks like.
Following inital research:idea: , I recon' that 'KENT' ought to be in 'Arial Narrow', with Italic on, and character spacing reduced by 1pt.

UKMOC in contemporary DUCATI style is more of a challenge:scratch: , and I recon I'm gonna have to start at Swis721 BlkCn BT and get mutating :freak:

gary tompkins
26-01-2006, 06:52 PM
How about this then?

I think I prefer the pukka UKMOC logo TBH - with maybe a different font to my original for the KENT bit? My Word/photoshop hasn't got the Swis721 font loaded, but I found something that looks like the Ducati lettering and the Arial. I'll have a bit of a fiddle and see what I come up with for the lower lettering

A Yerbury
26-01-2006, 06:59 PM
that horse looks a bit gay? you want a steed more pale rider/horseman of the apocalypse surely shirley?

Sie man
26-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Hmmm possible suggestions?

I think the logo used on the UKMOC should be used on the shield to keep the link/consistency with the main club in white. The light italic font could be still be used for the Kent or maybe using the same font/style as the logo but smaller and maybe in black.

Stylistically the whimsical(gay) appearance of the horse and it’s overt florishes and detail shading doesn’t quite gel with the rest. Looks like an equine Llewelyn Bowen

Perhaps it could be done as a solid white with a more modern feel or a white outline. Personally I hate the naff blending of the black to red on the Corse logo I think it looks cheap. Maybe a solid red for the shield. Less is always more IMO.

I’ll take my art director’s beard off now

gary tompkins
26-01-2006, 11:41 PM
No shading, less gay horse, this font - no on second thoughts that font GAHHHH! :hissy:

I'll have a rummage and do a bit more pixel trickery :cens:

gary tompkins
27-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Had to scale down the shield as the horse picture was small and pixelated if enlarged to fit. Left the shaded background as TBH it looked pants all in red, and the Kent/UKMOC lettering faded into it. May work if they were in black though?

The horse is from the current Kent county banner, so as up to date (and hopefully less gay) as you can get. The gay one was from the pukka Kent coat of arms, so a bit more tarty.

What say you?

manwithredbike
27-01-2006, 01:23 AM
any other regional suggestions for logos

MilesB
27-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Had to scale down the shield as the horse picture was small and pixelated if enlarged to fit. Left the shaded background as TBH it looked pants all in red, and the Kent/UKMOC lettering faded into it. May work if they were in black though?

The horse is from the current Kent county banner, so as up to date (and hopefully less gay) as you can get. The gay one was from the pukka Kent coat of arms, so a bit more tarty.

What say you?
I like - trying to keep with contemorary Ducati font was a suggestion that had to be tried (and I would have if the internet at home wasn't down :banghead: :nash: :cens: ) - but I agree the ducati-double font looks better.

So, Yes to UKMOC classic font, Yes to Kent in simple font, but I'd suggest using the White Horse from my original logo - unshaded but with black outline... Pm comin' your way GT.

Best of all, I think the 'Corse shield' is more usefull than my original idea, as it can be either a badge, or on a T shirt, either big or small, and as the shield has a border, the T shirt can be any colour.

Miles

scrapps
27-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Been watching thread and i like the idea of a kent badge, the shield idea is looking good. I will def buy some as long as not got gay looking horse. maybe can get stickers done to go on bikes ?:drunk:

Paranoid Dave
27-01-2006, 09:22 PM
mind if i play

Lady-Bob
31-01-2006, 12:52 PM
I don't like the Corsa Shield :nash:

Prefer the the Ducati Logo in Milesb's original.

Crew??? - Yuk. We're the Kent Lot.... always have been.

And miles, guano is a greeny gritty colour.... should show up on a white horse shouldn't it!!!! :chuckle:

Lady-Bob
31-01-2006, 12:54 PM

Can't quite make out your face..... oh, I guess that was intentional!!! :eek:

MilesB
31-01-2006, 01:17 PM
I don't like the Corsa Shield :nash:
I think I do actually.
Prefer the the Ducati Logo in Milesb's original.
I agree it would look good big on a white T-shirt, but not so good as a badge/patch/sticker, as it has no defined edge.
And miles, guano is a greeny gritty colour.... should show up on a white horse shouldn't it!!!! :chuckle:
Must admit that this is not something I'm an expert on ;), but I think I know someone... :chuckle:

gary tompkins
31-01-2006, 08:55 PM
I think I'll leave further mods until we've discussed it on Sunday :grump:

Albie
31-01-2006, 09:46 PM

I like the sense of humour:chuckle: :booze: :on:

Sie man
31-01-2006, 09:51 PM
Just to add to the debate. Can’t be there on Sunday but here’s a possible for the debate

gary tompkins
01-02-2006, 12:04 AM
That's the horse that Miles has just emailed to me.

Looks good to me - but I'm sure there will be different opinions come Sunday? :rolleyes:

MilesB
01-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Just to add to the debate. Can’t be there on Sunday but here’s a possible for the debate
Now THAT, is classy :thumbsup: :hail:

...and saves Gary having to do it too ;)

Gets my vote.
But I'm sure there will be discussions:twak: :cry: on the font for 'Kent'

Sie man - you intending joining in with us in Kent this year?
The more the merrier :)

MilesB
01-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Of course, if you are feeling bored, then you could try to render KENT in Ducati Classic (double line) font:idea: Should be 'relatively easy';) , as all the letters are out there...

The K is in uKmoc.
The E and N are in moNstEr, here
http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/search/?query_id=296838&page=1&mtype=&brand_id=128873
and the T is in ducaTi

Having said that, you may want to tweak the E so that it looks more like the ukMoc M on its side...

Should be simple for you graphical geniuses out there :hail:

I suspect that the badge will then look too crowded, but I think we need to see it:look: to know.

GULLY
06-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Hi guys

I faxed the pictures to a supplier I know. For badges made by hand (silk & wire) the template is £43.50 and £30.00 each:eek: after that. For the machine made ones, I would have to send away to get quote. Minimum order for the machine made ones is 200.

I think stickers would be a lot cheper:)

Cheers
Gully:mand:

Pugi
06-02-2006, 10:55 PM
I know of a place in Sweden that will make them for a lot less if you're interested.

slob
06-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Hi guys

I faxed the pictures to a supplier I know. For badges made by hand (silk & wire) the template is £43.50 and £30.00 each:eek: after that. For the machine made ones, I would have to send away to get quote. Minimum order for the machine made ones is 200.

I think stickers would be a lot cheper:)

Cheers
Gully:mand:
http://clubshop.co.uk/paramount/Patches.htm
no minimum order...but no prices on line

GULLY
06-02-2006, 11:12 PM
http://clubshop.co.uk/paramount/Patches.htm
no minimum order...but no prices on line
Thats more like it
well done
slob:mand: :mand:

Cheers
gully

Lady-Bob
17-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Sie man's design .... hmmmm... I Like it... I Like it.... I Like it better having a black edged horse than red (sorry GaryT!) It looks much neater and pretty simple. :drunk:

I have found somewhere that can print onto a white T-shirt (round neck for men V-neck for ladies style) for £14 each. If I can get 8 or more done at the same time I can get a discount down to £11 each.
40 degree wash, iron on reverse side. Sizes = small medium or large
Ladies small would be a child size so I would suggest ladies have medium or large.

Can get them done in time for the May Weekender. I'd just need to give the printers a cd rom with the design on it which no great problem.

If we are happy with Sie man's design then let me know the size and I'll order them. After all orders are in I'll let you know which price we managed to get and I'll organise it??

Lady-Bob
04-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Okay, Let's get this show on the road.

We're almost there.

I'll print of the various ideas we've had and we'll have a discussion on the T-Shirt design for the Kent Lot.

We'll also get them printed up in time for the weekender.

There's gonna be a quiz on one night so it would be a good chance to debut the T-shirts for the Kent Quiz team.

Ideas for a team name on a postcard and to be handed in tomorrow please so get thinking caps on!

Milesb - I've not been well enough over the past few days to ring Susan... please bring her along, even if it is by car! :)

Albie
05-03-2006, 08:46 AM
The A team perhaps :mand: :banghead: :cry: :gromit:

Lady-Bob
06-03-2006, 09:28 PM
The A team perhaps :mand: :banghead: :cry: :gromit:
Ha Ha! But I still think " The Kent Anoraks" would be fun!! :roger:

Sie man
17-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi all,

Here’s the final version of the logo as agreed. Any further tweaks let me know. NOTE that the image is a low resolutiion jpeg.

Artwork has been created in a vector program and all lines/tones are smooth. This also means that the artwork can be re-sized without loss of quality.

Bob, please can you give me a contact at the firm who will be printing the T-Shirts, so I can discuss file formats etc with them.

Once everyone is happy. I can email it to whoever’s printing it or put it on a CD and post it.

Nice to meet you all at the Oakdene.
Hope to come on more rideouts this year,

Justin

gary tompkins
18-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Logo looks good - any thoughts as to what colour shirts will be printed?

Can we get some stickers made, or will it be to expensive for a small quantity?

A large one for me please - ta :mand:

MilesB
18-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Gets my vote too :thumbsup: - thanks for doing the hard work Justin :hail:

T-shirts have got to be either Black, White or Red.
I'll mention a preference for long-sleeved T's, but will happily accept the standard model if that is what is available.

Miles

fatbloke
18-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Put me down for one please XXL
just tell me how much

GULLY
18-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Gets my vote too :thumbsup: - thanks for doing the hard work Justin :hail:

T-shirts have got to be either Black, White or Red.
I'll mention a preference for long-sleeved T's, but will happily accept the standard model if that is what is available.

Miles

Hi guys

Top man Justin:D
I would like a long-sleeved one too:mand:
but happy with short sleeved. White shirt always looks good at first but looks grubby after a few months. I think red would be best because they do not fade as bad (and it goes with my bike) but I will go with the majority, I am easy:chuckle:
Cheers
Gully

scrapps
18-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi all you can put me down for two if poss, 1 adult med (long sleeve if poss) and 1 for james kids 9/10 yrs . :devil:

Albie
19-03-2006, 04:49 PM
I will deffo have 2. One medium ladies and prob a medium /large mans. Pref not white tho. Long sleeve or short. V neck or standardd too. Am I being awkward. Terrys coming home to his roots then.:toilet:

fatbloke
19-03-2006, 05:11 PM
I will deffo have 2. One medium ladies and prob a medium /large mans. Pref not white tho. Long sleeve or short. V neck or standardd too. Am I being awkward. Terrys coming home to his roots then.:toilet:
the garden of england "sniff" i may cry :tgoe:
do you like the new smilie?

col
19-03-2006, 09:07 PM
:eyepopping: WOW ....The Kent logo looks great:tgoe: Well done everybody:hail:
How will the t-shirts look, large logo on the back, small logo on the front or both???????:dizzy:. Whatever the out come I will have one, Just let us know how much and when?:thumbsup:

MilesB
20-03-2006, 10:53 AM
:tgoe: do you like the new smilie?
We're honoured :hail: :hail: :hail:
Thanx Terry.

MilesB
20-03-2006, 10:54 AM
How will the t-shirts look, large logo on the back, small logo on the front or both???????:dizzy:.
As far as I can remember, the initial idea is for a large logo on the front - biggest that can be fitted on an A4 sheet, so about 8 inches wide (ish) and a bit taller

Lady-Bob
20-03-2006, 02:45 PM
So let's get this collated .....

Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully
Milesb
Scrapps 1 x adult med 1 x childs med
Col

Sieman .... will pm you details within the next couple of days... a little busy right now but if you haven't got details by Weds afternoon. PM me to jog my memory hunny :rolleyes:

Albie and Fatbloke....

yes your being awkward - White only TBH logo will stand out Sooooooo much better on white anyway.
This is Kent identity, we 'af to be united bruvvers!

Sorry, this company don't do long sleeved - for the price we can't be too choosy. :tgoe:

Cool smilie Fatbloke.... Thanx :bunny:

Ladies = small med or large in white V neck
Mens = small med large or huge in white round neck
Childrens small me or large (suggest James is a med from the sizes they showed me at the shop)
Can anyone who wants a T-shirt please quote this post and add to the list giving the size:

If we can get more than 8 t-shirts printed up it'll cost £11 each.

SAMMYE
20-03-2006, 03:01 PM
White may stand out better but Black looks better and plus it will get dirty if its white! Black stands the test of time better! Plus some of the Kenties have been know to dribble there bacon sarnies and tea at the oakdene after a night on the sauce... not the hp kind!

MilesB
20-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Anyone who wants a T-shirt please copy this post and add to the list giving the size:

Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x ?
MilesB 1 x Large
Susan 1 x Ladies Medium (I'm guessing)
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x ?
Fatbloke 1 x XXL

Albie ?
Caroline ?

OK that's 9 confirmed...:cool: so £11 each:thumbsup:

Gully, Col - what size ?

Albie - ya gotta get one (two)
Sammye - you havin one or not?

Any more?

SAMMYE
20-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Anyone who wants a T-shirt please copy this post and add to the list giving the size:

Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x ?
MilesB 1 x Large
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x ?
Fatbloke 1 x XXL

Albie ?
Caroline ?

OK that's 9 confirmed...:cool: so £11 each:thumbsup:

Gully, Col - what size ?

Albie - ya gotta get one (two)

Any more?

Im gonna do my own black one!! :woot:

SAMMYE
20-03-2006, 04:52 PM

but thanks anyway :D

I am from the dark side

Albie
20-03-2006, 07:08 PM

Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x ?
MilesB 1 x Large
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x ?
Fatbloke 1 x XXL

Albie 1 x L :tgoe: :tgoe: :tgoe:
Caroline 3 x Ladies Medium ( my girls)

OK that's 13 confirmed... so £11 each

Gully, Col - what size ?

Any more?
Sammye when will we see you wearing it ??

GULLY
20-03-2006, 10:20 PM

Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x ?
MilesB 1 x Large
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x ?
Fatbloke 1 x XXL

Albie 1 x L :tgoe: :tgoe: :tgoe:
Caroline 3 x Ladies Medium ( my girls)

OK that's 13 confirmed... so £11 each

Gully, Col - what size ?

Any more?
Sammye when will we see you wearing it ??

Hi Albie
Can i have a large
My good man :thumbsup:

Thanks Gully

Albie
20-03-2006, 10:26 PM
you have to copy and paste else your not allowed:running: Or do you mean a breakfast:gay: :D :running:
:tgoe: :tgoe: :tgoe:

col
20-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x Large
MilesB 1 x Large
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x XL
Fatbloke 1 x XXL

Albie
20-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Your supposed to add to the last list:spin: :on: :on:

gary tompkins
20-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Albie managed to leave himself & caroline off the last paste... :twak:

I think this is the story so far, and Sammye seems to prefer to go solo?

Just cut & paste and add yourself to the list if not... it's not that difficult :rolleyes:

Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x large
MilesB 1 x Large
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x XL
Fatbloke 1 x XXL
Caroline 3 x Ladies Medium
Albie 1 x L

col
21-03-2006, 08:24 AM
:o Sorry Albie,
My fault with the cut and paste:thumbsup:

SAMMYE
21-03-2006, 09:16 AM
you have to copy and paste else your not allowed:running: Or do you mean a breakfast:gay: :D :running:
:tgoe: :tgoe: :tgoe:

I will copy and paste boss:thumbsup:

Lady-Bob
21-03-2006, 10:30 AM

Oh SammyE...... :twak:

Get with the programme hunny :p

Team identity, team spirit,

Newbies can instantly find us in a crowd. :thumbsup:

Why does someone always have to be different? :didge:

Granted, I'll never be able to please EVERYONE with the style/size/neckline/colour/material/design ... de da de da de da...

But surely we can all compromise for the good of the Kent Lot?

I done my best to find a cheap, fair quality product. We aren't all rich y'know.

.....an' it's about time you learnt to eat without spillin' your ketchup all over yerself my lad! :D

Lady-Bob
21-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Albie...

That right .... Caroline wants THREE t-shirts????

Lady-Bob
21-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Weeeeell ... TECHNICALLY....

Fatbloke isn't a Kentie.... so should he have a t-shirt????!!!!

Slob and Sie-man should, as Sie-man did aid with the design and Slob is an Honourary Kentie (even though he hasn't showed for a while we still lurve him tho! :p )

What say you good people... a yea or a nae to Fatbloke?! :p ;)

nik_the_brief
21-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x large
MilesB 1 x Large
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x XL
Fatbloke 1 x XXL
Albie 1 x L
Nik T B 1 x Large

And as for Fatbloke - well of course he should have one. After all who in the Kent brigade has the Invicta horse tattooed on themselves like he does. We should make him an Honourary Man of Kent or is that Kentish man? Don't know which part of the county he originally hails from.

SAMMYE
21-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x large
MilesB 1 x Large
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x XL
Fatbloke 1 x XXL
Albie 1 x L
Nik T B 1 x Large

And as for Fatbloke - well of course he should have one. After all who in the Kent brigade has the Invicta horse tattooed on themselves like he does. We should make him an Honourary Man of Kent or is that Kentish man? Don't know which part of the county he originally hails from.

FB should have a special one!!

MilesB
21-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Fatbloke - well of course he should have one. After all who in the Kent brigade has the Invicta horse tattooed on themselves like he does...
Exactly :ukm:

nambduke
21-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Hi there,

I like these a lot:thumbsup: ....well done....think I'm going to try and do a Yorkshire version based on your design....

regards,
nambduke

Albie
21-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Albie...

That right .... Caroline wants THREE t-shirts????
No I want 2 for my girls to wear . Kim loves my bike and wants one and Becs loves my bike and also likes Ducati stuff.

Ps FB comes from Gillingham Kent. He is and always will be a Kentie.

Aparently not it was rochester. Near tho:grump: :grump: :dizzy:

fatbloke
21-03-2006, 09:22 PM
No I want 2 for my girls to wear . Kim loves my bike and wants one and Becs loves my bike and also likes Ducati stuff.

Ps FB comes from Gillingham Kent. He is and always will be a Kentie.
I think you'll find FB comes from Rochester
one day he'll return home for good

I'm a Man of Kent (born south of the Medway)

Albie
21-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Ooops sorry near tho .Shall I edit. will they notice. hmmmmm:on: :on: :on:

Sie man
21-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Hi all,

I’ve added mine to the list. Here are 4 jpegs that show different sized logos all on a medium white T shirt. Vote now

Thanks,

Justin

Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x large
MilesB 1 x Large
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x XL
Fatbloke 1 x XXL
Albie 1 x L
Nik T B 1 x Large
Sieman 1 x adult med 1x childs med

Albie
21-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Big centre gets my vote:drunk: :D

fatbloke
21-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Big centre gets my vote:drunk: :D
and me, big centre

col
21-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Big Centre

GULLY
21-03-2006, 10:38 PM
I like the big center one too:spin:

gary tompkins
21-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Sie man,

I vote for big centre too - although I would prefer it a little bigger if possible?

Bob mentioned A4 size and the large logo looks a bit smaller than that?

MilesB
22-03-2006, 08:46 AM
I vote for big centre too - although I would prefer it a little bigger if possible?
Bob mentioned A4 size and the large logo looks a bit smaller than that?
Me too - BIG centre - when we talked at the Oakdene I assumed it was gonna be A4 width - ish.

mp101
22-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x large
MilesB 1 x Large
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x XL
Fatbloke 1 x XXL
Albie 1 x L
Nik T B 1 x Large
Marc (MP101) 1 x Adult XXL & 1 Ladies Medium

Who do I send the cash too?:D

Albie
23-03-2006, 07:26 AM
My oh my .Kents getting big. We can can our own mega meet soon:drunk:

MilesB
23-03-2006, 08:46 AM
My oh my .Kents getting big. We can have(?) our own mega meet soon:drunk:
That'll be the Solstice Bar-B-Q :yoparty: - Think I better warn the neighbours :on: :chuckle:

Lady-Bob
25-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Who do I send the cash too?:D

I'm taking payment at the next Oakdene meet which is on Sunday 2nd April 2006.

either that or you can PM me for my home address and send a cheque in payable to Helen Curtis (bank don't know who Bob is!!!)

Big Centre it will be then chaps :spin:

Lady-Bob
25-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Like the new avatar Milesb.... can we get that on a T-shirt with UKMOC underneath d'ya think? :hail:

MilesB
25-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Like the new avatar Milesb....
Me too - Remember where/when it's from ?

Lady-Bob
30-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Me too - Remember where/when it's from ?

Not a clue where it's from.

I wanna get me a good avatar but haven't found anything I want to keep at the moment!

Here's the t-shirt list so far:

Please check your entries are correct

and copy, paste the whole list again showing your change.

Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x large
MilesB 1 x Large
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x XL
Fatbloke 1 x XXL
Albie 1 x L
Nik T B 1 x Large

Lady-Bob
30-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x large
MilesB 1 x Large
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x XL
Fatbloke 1 x XXL
Albie 1 x L
Nik T B 1 x Large
Bumble 2 x Adult medium

Lady-Bob
31-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Bob 1 x ladies large
Gary T 1 x Large
Gully 1 x large
MilesB 1 x Large
Scrapps 1 x adult med
James 1 x childs med
Col 1 x XL
Fatbloke 1 x XXL
Albie 1 x L
Nik T B 1 x Large - Paid
Sieman 1 x adult med 1x childs med - Paid
Bumble 2 x Adult med - Paid

Lady-Bob
31-03-2006, 11:53 AM
I now have the artwork from Sie man (thanks Justin)

So as soon as monies are in I can get them printed up. Ideally it would be good to have them in advance of going on weekender so please make an effort to get monies to me soon.

Printers need 4 days notice in advance of when I need to pik up from them so they know how many t-shirts are required.

So I will be ordering the amount I have had payment for on Fri 21st April

Lady-Bob
04-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Bob 1 x ladies large - Paid
Gary T 1 x Large - Paid
Gully 1 x large - Paid
MilesB 1 x Large - Paid
Susan 1 x Ladies Medium (I'm guessing) - Paid
Scrapps 1 x adult med - Paid
James 1 x childs med - Paid
Col 1 x XL - Paid
Fatbloke 1 x XXL
Caroline 3 x Ladies Medium - Paid
Albie 1 x L - Paid
Nik T B 1 x Large - Paid
Bumble 2 x Adult med
Paul Critcher 1 x Medium

Will Slob be wanting one?? Or will it not go with the dis-shevelled look?! :gay:

Thanx to all who paid me last Sunday, please pm me for my address for those wishing to send a cheque.

slob
04-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Gary T 1 x Large - Paid
Gully 1 x large - Paid
MilesB 1 x Large - Paid
Col 1 x XL - Paid
Fatbloke 1 x XXL
Albie 1 x L - Paid
Nik T B 1 x Large - Paid
Bumble 2 x Adult med
Paul Critcher 1 x Medium

Will Slob be wanting one?? Or will it not go with the dis-shevelled look?! :gay:

Thanx to all who paid me last Sunday, please pm me for my address for those wishing to send a cheque.

cheeky sod... I've got enough t-shirts thanks

fatbloke
04-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Gary T 1 x Large - Paid
Gully 1 x large - Paid
MilesB 1 x Large - Paid
Col 1 x XL - Paid
Fatbloke 1 x XXL
Albie 1 x L - Paid
Nik T B 1 x Large - Paid
Bumble 2 x Adult med
Paul Critcher 1 x Medium

How much are they? and have you decided if I qualify for one?

Lady-Bob
05-04-2006, 12:18 AM
We had a private ballot and it seemed unanimous that you qualified :drunk:

£11.00 a T-Shirt. White with Logo on chest.

Going to the printers on 21st April

P.S. Clear your pm's please?

Lady-Bob
11-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Gary T 1 x Large - Paid
Gully 1 x large - Paid
MilesB 1 x Large - Paid
Col 1 x XL - Paid
Fatbloke 1 x XXL - Paid
Caroline 2 x Ladies Medium 1 x Ladies Large - Paid
Albie 1 x L - Paid
Nik T B 1 x Large - Paid
Paul Critcher 1 x Medium
AlanC - 1 x large - Paid

Fantastic.... thanks for going with this. I'm glad we were all able to agree and sort this out with no arguing at all ! :thumbsup:

Those who still want a T-shirt and haven't paid, please pm me for my address £11 per t-shirt payable to H. Curtis

Any payment not received by 21st April will result in no t-shirt for that person

Albie - have changed 1 med for a large on your order as requested.

Everyone else... please check that you are happy with the size you have ordered. Please change the size if nec. as after 21st April it will be too late!

Lady-Bob
12-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Sie man

Slight problem here..... the logo you emailed me had a ".sit" extension.

I can't open it.

I thought you'd be able to send it to me a a JPEG?

Can you try re-sending to me.

I'd like to get this sorted in good time for getting the shirts printed.

Thanks

Sie man
13-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi Bob,

The sit file contains a Photoshop jpeg and an Illustrator eps file.
It’s basically a compressed file that can be opened using Stuffit.

I did this because the individual files are too big to email and can corrupt.
Opening them on a PC may also lose vital data

If you don’t have the software it would be better to forward the sit file direct to the printers.

They should be able to open and choose the best option for their print specs

The image sizes are A4 as per final choice,

regards,

Justin

Lady-Bob
18-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Gary T 1 x Large - Paid
Gully 1 x large - Paid
MilesB 1 x Large - Paid
Col 1 x XL - Paid
Fatbloke 1 x XXL - Paid
Albie 1 x L - Paid
Nik T B 1 x Large - Paid
Paul Critcher 1 x Medium- Paid
AlanC - 1 x large - Paid

Those who still want a T-shirt and haven't paid, please pm me for my address £11 per t-shirt payable to H. Curtis

Any payment not received by 21st April will result in no t-shirt for that person

Everyone else... please check that you are happy with the size you have ordered. Please change the size if nec. as after 21st April it will be too late

Lady-Bob
19-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Gary T 1 x Large - Paid
Gully 1 x large - Paid
MilesB 1 x Large - Paid
Col 1 x XL - Paid
Fatbloke 1 x XL - Paid
Albie 1 x L - Paid
Nik T B 1 x Large - Paid
Paul Critcher 1 x Medium- Paid
AlanC - 1 x large - Paid

Please check that you are happy with the size you have ordered. Please change the size if nec. as after 21st April it will be too late

Lady-Bob
21-04-2006, 08:08 AM
All bets closed now ladies and gentlemen.

Am picking up your money with my grubbylittle hands and going down the t-shirt place this morning :eyepopping:

I think it's only Marc101 that I have not received monies from so no order there - sorry. If you decide you want one later it will be back up to the oringinal price.

They say I can pick up the order on Wednesday 26th in time for the weekender which is great. :woot:

Sie man has re-sent me the logo in a readable format so everything's F.A.B!
(Thanks Sie man.... and thanks from all us Kent Lot for your hardwork getting the logo ready for us. You really are a star hun :ukm: )

Wish me luck!

MilesB
21-04-2006, 05:56 PM
:biggrin: They say I can pick up the order on Wednesday 26th in time for the weekender which is great. :woot:
Good thing you got those panniers this year - they're gonna be full of our T-shirts :eyepopping:

Sie man has re-sent me the logo in a readable format so everything's F.A.B!
(Thanks Sie man.... and thanks from all us Kent Lot for your hardwork getting the logo ready for us. You really are a star hun :ukm: )
I second that - a Cracking Job :wallace: :gromit: by someone who I didn't even know when I started this thread... that's why I love this club :ukm:
Well done Justin - I think this excuses you the Kent initiation :toilet:

Miles

Lady-Bob
21-04-2006, 11:13 PM
I second that - a Cracking Job :wallace: :gromit:

Miles

I have to say that when they loaded up the logo I was amazed at just how crisp and clear the artwork was. Fantastic.

The order is underway now and I just pray that everyone is happy with them.

Lady-Bob
25-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Got them... they look good. Just going to check I have everyones.

Will bring Weekender peoples with me on Friday.

Not sure whether to bring Critch's with me or not? He's only coming up for the day and I don't want to bog him down with an extra t-shirt to bring home.

gary tompkins
25-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Got them... they look good. Just going to check I have everyones.

Will bring Weekender peoples with me on Friday.

Not sure whether to bring Critch's with me or not? He's only coming up for the day and I don't want to bog him down with an extra t-shirt to bring home.

Don't worry - I'll ring him on the mobile and find out for you