PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see at an open day?

Paranoid Dave
17-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Veloce in norfolk is thinking about another open day this year, even they were a little annoyed at last years as ducati had promised a desmosedici and a big name and delivered neither of them. MCN want loads of money for nothing and the local radio wasn't interested unless they got paid a load for covering it. So....

what would you like to see or do at an open day, i figure the best suggestions can be fed back to them as they are all ears on this one.

Paranoid Dave
18-01-2006, 08:45 PM
So many ideas..... :hail:

Scotty
18-01-2006, 09:31 PM
So many ideas..... :hail:

race mini motos round the store :woot:

Will
18-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Veloce in norfolk is thinking about another open day this year, even they were a little annoyed at last years as ducati had promised a desmosedici and a big name and delivered neither of them. MCN want loads of money for nothing and the local radio wasn't interested unless they got paid a load for covering it. So....

what would you like to see or do at an open day, i figure the best suggestions can be fed back to them as they are all ears on this one.

Test ride on a 999/s/r - with no strings attached for us 'sensible' riders over the age of 40 with clean licences - i.e. none of that stupid insurance excess bollox nonsense.

A Yerbury
18-01-2006, 09:59 PM
I have never understood open days? it's just a shop? you buy things, or you don't? why the need for common gimicks? "oooh lets buy an S2r from this place! look! bouncy castle, kiddy play area and local radio DJ!!"
A.x

benson
18-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Bouncy castle and soup I think - for a truly Narfak day out - and perhaps squirrels for Nonnie to herd...:o

A Yerbury
18-01-2006, 10:08 PM
soup! I mean that just about sums it up? I want michellin star grub not depression era homeless person slop!

Will
18-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Will we need passports for Norfolk, or will a couple of turnips serve as a suitable sweetner for the border guards?

benson
18-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Turnip soup too I'm betting...:shocked:

A Yerbury
18-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Turnip soup too I'm betting...:shocked:

you bet, they could push the boat out and go for a minnestrone but I very much doubt it.

Will
18-01-2006, 10:47 PM
I have never understood open days? it's just a shop? you buy things, or you don't? why the need for common gimicks? "oooh lets buy an S2r from this place! look! bouncy castle, kiddy play area and local radio DJ!!"
A.x

It's part of the whole marketing/advertising thing - not sure how effective it is though - but for a relatively unknown dealer the publicity might help - provided it doesn't cost them too much. Why would anyone want to go? Dunno, meet a few other wierdos who ride Monsters? :ukm:

Scotty
18-01-2006, 10:58 PM
the dsc recently did an visit to JHP rather than an 'open day' i guess JHP is a slightly out of the ordanairy shop with race bike and everything, but maybe veloce could do some sort of basic maintaniance lesson for the enthusiast perhaps ?

bod
18-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Scantly clad ladies????

A Yerbury
18-01-2006, 11:17 PM
It's part of the whole marketing/advertising thing - not sure how effective it is though - but for a relatively unknown dealer the publicity might help - provided it doesn't cost them too much. Why would anyone want to go? Dunno, meet a few other wierdos who ride Monsters? :ukm:

at first I thought you were back to your stating the obvious tricks? then I realise "A ha!" he is being sarcostic, well done!

A.x

Nonnie
19-01-2006, 08:37 AM
It's a day out, gives you something to aim for, I quite like looking in shops anyway, I like chatting to people, I like hanging around doing nothing and at an Open Day you can do that without fear of being hassled to buy something or taking your time.

To make open days better, some form of competition where you can win something and I mean REALLY win something, as that raffle for a 999 last year was a bit duff, it should have had a name out of a hat that afternoon so it went home with someone, not guess 140000000 different combinations, no, sorry, it's coming home with US.

Some decent food and somewhere to eat it.

Decent coffee, after all, it should be Italian and gooood.

I like stunts and tricks I have to say, it would be cool to see some of those going on, or somebody incredibly good on a Duke giving it what for. Show people what the bike can do in the right hands although I know it's not the roomiest place on the planet.

A bit of mini moto might be alright. Owch.

I don't much wanna see scantily clad ladies. Let's reverse this ongoing trend?

People just wanna see stuff, and hear stuff and meet up and have fun.

A Yerbury
19-01-2006, 08:45 AM
It's a day out, gives you something to aim for, I quite like looking in shops anyway, I like chatting to people, I like hanging around doing nothing and at an Open Day you can do that without fear of being hassled to buy something or taking your time.

To make open days better, some form of competition where you can win something and I mean REALLY win something, as that raffle for a 999 last year was a bit duff, it should have had a name out of a hat that afternoon so it went home with someone, not guess 140000000 different combinations, no, sorry, it's coming home with US.

Some decent food and somewhere to eat it.

Decent coffee, after all, it should be Italian and gooood.

I like stunts and tricks I have to say, it would be cool to see some of those going on, or somebody incredibly good on a Duke giving it what for. Show people what the bike can do in the right hands although I know it's not the roomiest place on the planet.

A bit of mini moto might be alright. Owch.

I don't much wanna see scantily clad ladies. Let's reverse this ongoing trend?

People just wanna see stuff, and hear stuff and meet up and have fun.

so its a bit like going to Morrisons but with bikes? I see now!!

Nonnie
19-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Exactly Alex, you've got it now. See you there then.

Not Morrisons though as that's a bit chavvy, think of it more like Fortnum and Masons. OK?

A Yerbury
19-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Exactly Alex, you've got it now. See you there then.

Not Morrisons though as that's a bit chavvy, think of it more like Fortnum and Masons. OK?

-clicks ruby slippers- "f & M, F & M, F & M...."

Nonnie
19-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Oh my god, now where would you end up if you had a lithp?

Thin Thity?

A Yerbury
19-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Oh my god, now where would you end up if you had a lithp?

Thin Thity?

At least I would have the correct footwear? -in any colour as long as it's red etc etc.

paul620sie
19-01-2006, 11:36 AM
so its a bit like going to Morrisons but with bikes? I see now!!

Waitrose would be more appropriate, and there's a nice one just a few miles away.

Will
19-01-2006, 12:35 PM
at first I thought you were back to your stating the obvious tricks? then I realise "A ha!" he is being sarcostic, well done!

A.x

Just playing with you :banana:

Paranoid Dave
19-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Will, they offered test rides on most bikes last year and nobody wanted it, only a couple of test all day.
Benson, i hope the soup and bouncy castle is not a combined event, if so I'll happily watch as it could be good for amusement purposes, especially if it nice and fresh and HOT.
Bod, the guy at veloce actually suggested miss nude UK but thought mabe the locals would complain. Personally i doubt anyone would be able to see from further than a few feet away as the crowd might get a bit hectic :chuckle:

benson
19-01-2006, 08:20 PM
It's all got a bit strange for me but the stream of consciousness is an enjoyable one - Soup, scantily clad people, bouncy castle - test ride any combination...Waitrose, Morrisons - Lidl? Aldi? F&M (as in the retail outlet - not the pastime), M&S - aha - tenuous link...Ruby slippers - surely Ducati red slippers - slip ons or mules???:dizzy:

A Yerbury
19-01-2006, 09:04 PM
It's all got a bit strange for me but the stream of consciousness is an enjoyable one - Soup, scantily clad people, bouncy castle - test ride any combination...Waitrose, Morrisons - Lidl? Aldi? F&M (as in the retail outlet - not the pastime), M&S - aha - tenuous link...Ruby slippers - surely Ducati red slippers - slip ons or mules???:dizzy:

just a kitten heel, or loafers if I plan to have a bit of a dance.

benson
19-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Oh good - and what about a fine pair of spurs?

A Yerbury
19-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Oh good - and what about a fine pair of spurs?

public liability insurance may prove troublesome, but otherwise a good choice.
gee up.

benson
19-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Whip crack away - and that's not the Chinese along the street...:on:
I feel some chaps coming on.
This is getting far worse. I must away.....