PDA

View Full Version : AA diagnostics

DesmoDog
17-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Did anyone else hear that article on the radio yesterday about how the AA are going to put a series of defective engine noise files on the website so you can listen, identify, then go to the garage and describe your problem with authority.

Maybe they'll post up something for Ducatis?

Richard_S
17-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Cripes etc that does sounds novel, but the last AA man I met forgot his 'bigger boy' spanners and had to send for back up. You know what they say about having it all.

Ciao

ps I have just used the word 'willy' in front of a customer. Grrr etc

pps We didnt even need any damn spanners, just a visit from him upstairs.
'It was a car an hour ago etc"

DesmoDog
17-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Hmm, sounds typical. The last one told me it was the "battery gov!" - turned out to be a bloody scam. Anyway, you said "willy" I just said "Wilco" to Roger- it's just one of those mad days kids!

A Yerbury
17-01-2006, 04:12 PM
I just said ****, but I was talking to radio one which is understandable, I am emailing Scott Mills now (I do this everyday)

Duncan
17-01-2006, 06:30 PM
My local Radio were broadcasting graunchy car noises yesterday from a new website, though it wasnt run by the AA.

The one with a broken timing belt was good. Turn the starter, valve onto piston, thatll be another grand sir. Turn it again and a bit more damage.

Fact is you need your laptop all WiFi'ed to get the benefit and even once you know what is wrong, you wont be able to fix it.

You can also guarantee that even when you know exactly what the problem is, the AA calls handler wont pass the fault on to the patrol man as is often the case with terminally ill bikes then you have to wait while he goes off for a trailer.

bod
17-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Hmm did the AA get the recordings at the side of the road AFTER they have fixed the car?:chuckle:

Sorry don't trust their judjment too much.......a nice AA man did bodge my car once on the way to Creamfields though!
I gave him £20 I was that giddy,thought I was going to miss Orbital!