PDA

View Full Version : Clophill Bike Meet is no more!

Chappers
16-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Just phoned the Greenman staff up to say happy new year, looking forward to seeing you all come the better weather and confirming it was all still happening on a Monday night; only to be told that Monday nights at the Greenman Pub, Clophill, Beds is no more for 100+ bikers!?

The Greenman is under new management, therefore the restaurant is now open on Monday nights for business and they don't want roaring bikes to put customers off.

They are happy for the odd handful of bikers to turn up over the weekend but will turn bikers away during the week should they feel that their dining customers are not happy and there is no room in their carpark for cars to park :worried:

Madhatter - me thinks we need to find a new venue in Beds for Monday night :idea:

madhatter
21-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Rotten Bas*ards! :grump:

Guess that we may see some new biker-meet places showing up once the sun comes back out again, I'll do some investigating, meantime if there is anywhere decent in Bucks mid week, with more than a dozen bikes showing up, let me know.

The Kevlar Kid
16-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Only just seen this...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry: :toilet:

That's sooo sad... All those bikesd have gotta go somewhere though:mand:

Dutchman
23-03-2006, 05:24 PM
and here is me thinking about getting old girl out of the garage more often this year...

madhatter
23-03-2006, 06:39 PM
and here is me thinking about getting old girl out of the garage more often this year...

Good God, The Yellow Devil!!!! :eyepopping:

I thought you'd sold up and left the country!:D

Don't fret buddy, I'm sure we will find another convenient meet!

the doctor
21-04-2006, 06:04 PM
HI
the clophill meet can still go ahead because the pub across the road said they would be more than happy to serve us unruley bikers.

You can tell the weather is changing ive started to come back to the forum.

rebel
21-04-2006, 06:08 PM
HI
the clophill meet can still go ahead because the pub across the road said they would be more than happy to serve us unruley bikers.

You can tell the weather is changing ive started to come back to the forum.

Ahhh Surgery Must be over for the day! Are you talking about the Beefeater Pub opposite? We must make sure that we don't buy any beer from the old pub that doesn't want us any more! If so, I'll get Madhatter to arrange for a first meet-up there.

MH.

madhatter
21-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Monsters....beer.....meet.....arrange soon! :yoparty:

The Kevlar Kid
21-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Sounds good to me:mand:

Chappers
23-04-2006, 12:32 PM
I'll pop over in the car to say hi, just let me know when :yoparty:

Dutchman
24-04-2006, 10:32 PM
I went to restaurant at the Green Man last Monday and the food was rather good.

As we arrived, a few bikes turned up but I don't know if they hung around for long...