PDA

View Full Version : yellow seat cowel wanted

kriss
15-01-2006, 02:08 PM
yellow seat cowel wanted in good nick please folks, also race cans carbon, will pay good price if any available.::look: sorry both for 6oo monster.

A Yerbury
15-01-2006, 03:46 PM
not a red s4????

nik_the_brief
15-01-2006, 04:16 PM
You've a PM bud!

kriss
15-01-2006, 05:54 PM
many thanks:o

nik_the_brief
16-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Weird.

Your PM in reply was my own posted back with no response from yourself. When I tried to PM you again got a message saying that you can't (possibly won't) receive PM's.

Are you politely telling me to fork off? :dizzy:

Richard_S
16-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Nik,
He had an illiterate moan on Stefs cowl thread, stamped his feet and bolted.
Some people eh?
May make a good frisby though?
Ciao

ps anyone have a cowl for sale?

A Yerbury
16-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Nik,
He had an illiterate moan on Stefs cowl thread, stamped his feet and bolted.
Some people eh?
May make a good frisby though?
Ciao

ps anyone have a cowl for sale?

Is it not frisbee? I have no cowl but we do have a soda stream for sale, complete with two bottles. You will need your own gas (cue obligatory puns) what is with Easter Island smiley? :grump:

DesmoDog
17-01-2006, 12:54 PM
soda stream + chardonnay = cheap champers. Count me in.

stef
17-01-2006, 12:58 PM
heretic...

DesmoDog
17-01-2006, 01:15 PM
You had to count the full stops to write that didn't you? Come on Stef, don't be so old fashioned. We all know that the French wine industry only survives on EU support. Mmmmmm, give me a Ribena rich new world anyday, then again - I'm sure the Australians own most of the French vineyards now don't they? :booze:

stef
17-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Talking wine with a english man can be compared to talking colours with a blind man.
As for the australian/croatian/californian/south african/chillian wines, i am in complete denial. they do not exist. i heard something in the medias, but it was never confirmed.

PS: and yes, i wasnt allowed to post just heretic, i had to pad it up.

Pugi
17-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Talking wine with a english man can be compared to talking colours with a blind man.
As for the australian/croatian/californian/south african/chillian wines, i am in complete denial. they do not exist. i heard something in the medias, but it was never confirmed.

PS: and yes, i wasnt allowed to post just heretic, i had to pad it up.

I reckon that means my personal 'favourite' wine countries are considered acceptable in your french opinion then?

Italy and Georgia btw.

stef
17-01-2006, 01:35 PM
italy is good for pizzas.

nik_the_brief
17-01-2006, 01:39 PM
I reckon that means my personal 'favourite' wine countries are considered acceptable in your french opinion then?

Italy and Georgia btw.

Georgia? Didn't know the Russians made anything alcoholic save vodka!

stef
17-01-2006, 01:44 PM
he probably meant georgia, USA.

nik_the_brief
17-01-2006, 02:07 PM
he probably meant georgia, USA.

D'oh REALLY!!

I should start to use those sarcastic smileys to avoid ambiguity!!

stef
17-01-2006, 02:18 PM
so should I ! i was also being sarcastic ! i genuinely thought he meant georgia russia, and like i thought it would be really funny if i said no, georgia USA.. so Pugi, what did you mean

nik_the_brief
17-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Whichever Stef, he certainly has Georgia on his mind. :D

stef
17-01-2006, 02:38 PM
i googled it.
Gosh, i cant beleive this, it is really georgia USA, and they are making wine ?
surely not. arent they infringing on french copy rights or something ?

stef
17-01-2006, 02:43 PM
how odd,
further research indicated that georgia russia is also a big wine producing country. well, at least, that's what they call it. i dont want to sound snobish, but come on..

DesmoDog
17-01-2006, 03:38 PM
copyright? For what? Standing on grapes? Typical French. Free market rant rant, zut alors competition! Applation Contolee etc etc. Thats why they can't make champagne in Spain. you forgot to discount the Spanish and their excellent Cavas (ripped of by some monk or other and now with a French history).

DesmoDog
17-01-2006, 03:39 PM
oh I forgot to mention - Red Rag to a bull eh Stef ;-D

stef
17-01-2006, 03:47 PM
all very nice, but the french mentality is such that it doesnt really work. protectionism is probably a good word. When i moved to the UK, i was amazed at the variety of wine you get in supermarkets. i dont know if rural france has evolved much in 10 years, but way back then, there wasnt a hope in hell to find anything foreign on the wine rack. People didnt even know it existed.

I am all for the multiple choice, really.. bordeau AOC, Anjou AOC or Champagne AOC.

on a serious note, if it wasnt for american grapes to rescue the french ones when they got all wiped out a few hundred years ago, there wouldnt be any "french" wine.

A Yerbury
17-01-2006, 03:47 PM
copyright? For what? Standing on grapes? Typical French. Free market rant rant, zut alors competition! Applation Contolee etc etc. Thats why they can't make champagne in Spain. you forgot to discount the Spanish and their excellent Cavas (ripped of by some monk or other and now with a French history).

but then thats also why the French can't make Cava, so it cuts both ways like a wayward ninja.

Pugi
17-01-2006, 04:10 PM
I meant Georgia - the country with Tblisi as capital. Formerly part of the Soviet Union. They are a proportionally very big wine producer and the quality is generally excellent. Many wines being on par or better than many french wines. I don't believe it to be available at your local Tesco though. The world is bigger than englishspeaking unions and territorial occupations lads...

Pugi
17-01-2006, 04:20 PM
italy is good for pizzas.

I agree. What is wrong with pizzas in this country? Everywhere else in Europe it's considered 'fast food' and cheap. Here you pay over the top for a small, lousy piece of baked bread with a few pinches of filling. Rant..rant.... :Furious:

A Yerbury
17-01-2006, 04:20 PM
I meant Georgia - the country with Tblisi as capital. Formerly part of the Soviet Union. They are a proportionally very big wine producer and the quality is generally excellent. Many wines being on par or better than many french wines. I don't believe it to be available at your local Tesco though. The world is bigger than englishspeaking unions and territorial occupations lads...

Oi! Waitrose if you don't mind.

Alex.
ps.I favour South African wines.

Pugi
17-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Oi! Waitrose if you don't mind.

Alex.
ps.I favour South African wines.

Not a bad site at all. But no Georgian wines... :thumbsdown: