PDA

View Full Version : The not so long way round

Massey
13-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi,

I'm planning 5-6 days to go around Northern England / Scotland (sort of up the East coast and down the West) the back end of June (1st night 22nd) on the bike. I already have a few (5) people who are up for it but if anyone else is interested in coming along they are most welcome.

I don't fancy camping, as the gear on the bike is a pain but plan to book some B&Bs in a few weeks time, so if your interested let me know and I'll include the numbers in the booking. Due to different bikes and riding capabilities the plan would roughly be to take whatever route you fancy to get to the next days B&B taking in the sights and hostelries of your choice on the way. If anyone decides to come along from deep South, they can always spend the first night in Holmfirth (where I live) before we head off through the Lake District for the fist B&B in Wooler in Northumberland.

If you are interested, PM me with your e-mail and I'll keep you posted with the dates and B&B bookings etc

Cheers,
Massey.:booze:

Tigerlily
20-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Sounds like a great idea Paul! :)

I love to join you but I don't rate my chances of getting a babysitter for alomst a week!..... Plus, I'm not sure my bum would cope with sitting on my bike for 6 days!

I might be able to manage a day or 2 though.......I'll have to see a bit closer to the time :)

Good luck with it and have fun!

Massey
23-01-2006, 10:16 PM
No worries Julie,

So far there are 5 who are up for the whole stint and there are one or two others who want to be kept posted, so they can join for 1 or 2 nights if they can. I'm working in the U.S right now but get back on Wednesday and will get down the pub with the lads on Friday to try and finalise the B&B places. Once booked I'll put the details on here so if anyone is up for it, they can meet up.

Cheers,
Massey

Massey
28-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Hi There,

We are pretty much set on where we are stopping. So far 5 going for the full stint and one or two people joining here and there for a night on the beer.

Holmfirth (warm up session on beer) 21st June
Wooler (Northumberland) 22nd
Anstruther (East Coast) 23rd
Plockton (West Highlands) 24th
Tobermory (West Coast) 25th (still looking for digs)
Lake District (Location TBD) 26th (mate has details of digs)

If you want more info PM me.

Cheers,
Paul.