PDA

View Full Version : Glass's guide for bikes?

bigredduke
08-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Is there the equivalent of a Glass's guide for valuing used bikes out there? I assume dealers must have some regularly-published bible to refer to or is it all smoke & mirrors?

At the risk of depressing myself, it would be useful to have something in black & white to refer to.

Danny
08-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Is there the equivalent of a Glass's guide for valuing used bikes out there? I assume dealers must have some regularly-published bible to refer to or is it all smoke & mirrors?

At the risk of depressing myself, it would be useful to have something in black & white to refer to.

yes there is......

bigredduke
08-01-2006, 08:07 PM
.....and it's called what?
....and it's available where?

Danny
08-01-2006, 08:13 PM
.....and it's called what?
....and it's available where?

.....and it's called what? ....Glass's Guide
....and it's available where? ....to the motor trade only

bigredduke
08-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Just been on their website, they will provide an online valuation for £2.95.

Thanks for the info.

barnaby
08-01-2006, 10:07 PM
try this:
http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_bike/

dustybin
08-01-2006, 10:21 PM
try this:
http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_bike/

Sorry fellas but Parkers is crap and the prices given are nothing like Glasses. Parkers tends to go on the side of the owner and will up the sale price where as Glasses goes for the dealer and will down the price. At the end of the day someone will pay x amount for a bike and that is what it's worth. Doesn't matter if the book says it's worth £4k. If you are only being offered £3.5 then that's what it's worth.

gary tompkins
08-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Sorry fellas but Parkers is crap and the prices given are nothing like Glasses. Parkers tends to go on the side of the owner and will up the sale price where as Glasses goes for the dealer and will down the price. At the end of the day someone will pay x amount for a bike and that is what it's worth. Doesn't matter if the book says it's worth £4k. If you are only being offered £3.5 then that's what it's worth.

Oh I don't know... he's pretty handy when it comes to pink Rolls with 6 wheels?:mand:

DesmoDog
09-01-2006, 12:35 PM
damn, just too slow on the draw these days.