PDA

View Full Version : January sale now on.

A Yerbury
03-01-2006, 04:07 PM
nothing terribly fancy I am afraid just having a bit of a clear out...

1 lhs caliper (older 40mm mount) works perfectly but could maybe do with 10 minutes and some brake cleaner -£20.

1 front brake master and lever (the older coffin style) -£15. (with real super dooper stainless lid screws!!)

1 standard speedo to which I have added via micro surgery and Yerbury skills the tri colour dial (spareshack 20 quid) this is ready to "pop" into your dash and has 23500 on the clock (just noticed that trip is set to 666 which does not surprise me in the slightest) I am also including the tach dial. Oh and as you can see the dial also has a kph read out which is good if you like that sort of thing. -£25.

I am in no hurry to flog these as I say just making a bit of space. I imagine postage for these items would be less thatn a fiver (not sure about the brake)

just send me a pm or reply here if interested.

here is a picture of the dial. any more pictures required let me know.
A.x

Zimbo
03-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Which master cylinder is it Yerbs, a 600 one for a single disc or a 900 type twin disc one???

A Yerbury
03-01-2006, 05:57 PM
I thought the boxs were the same size? it is from a 600 so if there was a smaller it would be that one. I think a 900 would need an mc with a bit more oomph/grrrr/wallop.

Alex.

snakey
15-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi yerbs
do you still have this item for sale?

1 front brake master and lever (the older coffin style) -£15. (with real super dooper stainless lid screws!!)

if so could be interested if poss could you send a pic?

pete.moyes@tesco.net

pete (snakey)

Pugi
15-02-2006, 03:18 PM
If he's sold it, you can have mine. Same price.

snakey
15-02-2006, 03:28 PM
any chance of a pic ? its not for the monster - it's for my 750 sport I think it will be ok as long as its for a twin disc set up.
pete.

Pugi
15-02-2006, 03:35 PM
any chance of a pic ? its not for the monster - it's for my 750 sport I think it will be ok as long as its for a twin disc set up.
pete.

Yes, it's the same as long as the # of discs are the same. However mine is for a single disc and I'm pretty sure Alex's is too. The boxes are not the same size btw, I just changed mine to the bigger one. Still want a pic?

snakey
15-02-2006, 03:58 PM
it probably won't be the right one - they may look the same but apparently the piston diameter is different for twin discs, unless anyone knows better.!

BTW if i can work out that they are all the same i will have it :mand:
( the sport is no good if it don't stop:eek: and the monster is in riders being fixed after some t**t knocked it over while it was sat outside my house with a big silver bike cover on it)

Pete.

Pugi
15-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Pistons are the same size. The reason the twin brake reservoir is bigger (which it is) is that you move twice as many pistons when you have two callpers instead of one, yes? That means twice as much brake fluid needs to be shifted in the system and hence you need a bigger reservoir.

sorry to hear about the Monster...the culprit should be shot.

snakey
16-02-2006, 07:30 AM
I think he will feel it in the pocket next insurance time - his company (churchills) didn't want to deal with me direct so i have had to use my fully comp to fix the bike and they will claim it back from his, but i have to use another company to re-claim my exess and they are talking 'inconvenience money' for the time the bike has been off the road - just a little OTT really, when I would have been happy just to get it fixed.

pete.

A Yerbury
16-02-2006, 08:20 AM
the later brembo caliper with the 65mm spacing does have larger pistons, I think they give the info on the pdq1 site. I think the mc I have will be too small snake plisken? have a gander on ebay, you should be able to get a nice fat one from a 9** for under 50 quid.

Pugi
16-02-2006, 09:52 AM
the later brembo caliper with the 65mm spacing does have larger pistons, I think they give the info on the pdq1 site. I think the mc I have will be too small snake plisken? have a gander on ebay, you should be able to get a nice fat one from a 9** for under 50 quid.

Oh..they do? Thanks for correction.
Did you prefer the escape from NY or LA btw?

A Yerbury
16-02-2006, 10:06 AM
the earlier ones are 2x30mm and 2x34mm, post 99 all are 4x34.

Alex.

ps.new york, given the era I would plum for assault on precinct 13 though?

Pugi
16-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Not seen it. But escape from NY is a classic.
Test your cinematic knowledge here:

http://www.barbican.org.uk/nuts/

Re-enacted by squirrels.

manwithredbike
16-02-2006, 10:58 AM
has the speedo and the rev dial gone yet?
if not - are the dials easily fitted to existing clocks?? i've never tried one.
i'd bother last year with the mot. eventually had to botch a sticker on the outside of the speedo glass with kmh markings and hope for a half-wit tester - and bingo! (my odds were good to start with). i'd prefer a dual marked dial this year and the colours are ok looking too.

A Yerbury
16-02-2006, 12:04 PM
has the speedo and the rev dial gone yet?
if not - are the dials easily fitted to existing clocks?? i've never tried one.
i'd bother last year with the mot. eventually had to botch a sticker on the outside of the speedo glass with kmh markings and hope for a half-wit tester - and bingo! (my odds were good to start with). i'd prefer a dual marked dial this year and the colours are ok looking too.

Yes I gave them to stuart in the end? he has gone - like me, with a mini chrome speedo so drop him a pm I'm sure he'll let them go for twenty which is a nice bottle of chateau neuf each.

Alex.

manwithredbike
16-02-2006, 01:43 PM
i just pm'd the wrong stuart. which stuart got them ?
thanks

A Yerbury
16-02-2006, 02:04 PM
ah, sorry! stuartg, on the earlier speedos the casing needed to be cut, then reglued and taped as the bezels do not unscrew, Once I had overcome the fear of hacking the unit lid off it was surprisingly easy. I am not familiar with te later set ups it may be the same.... the other stuart (spares) has them fitted to his bike and can possibly advise? they do look a bit nice though.

hope this helps.

manwithredbike
16-02-2006, 02:08 PM
thanks again
i've a spare kmh only clock which i'll practice on with me bow saw!

A Yerbury
16-02-2006, 02:11 PM
thanks again
i've a spare kmh only clock which i'll practice on with me bow saw!

yup I did the same thing with a spare one? I'll never be a brain surgeon etc.. bit of masking tape for a line, 2 screws with a jewlers, remove the pin using 2 spoons or fingers then remove dial keeping an eye on its position. Thenprior to replacing hoover all the little bits of trimmed plastic from the inside. JD.
AY.