welshman
03-01-2006, 12:41 PM
lookin for mirrors for my s4

anyone got a nice set 4 sale please

cheers all

john

Julie
03-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Jmo has a brand new set of standard mirrors for sale - check out her thread.

Paranoid Dave
03-01-2006, 01:46 PM
i think he meant good looking mirrors?

JMo
03-01-2006, 04:44 PM
i think he meant good looking mirrors?

I presume he meant that too... however, we all know the form vs. function debate...

The standard mirrors while being a tad Mickey Mouse in appearance, do offer the best rear view (insert innuendo here - oh, I think there's one already!), perhaps something smaller and neater is indeed asthetically preferable...

Personally I love those rectangular Road Racing ones that sit just above your hands - but you can see FA in them...

xxx

A Yerbury
03-01-2006, 06:04 PM
what rectangular ones that sit above ones hands? I managed to destroy my bar end one on account of being a bit rough with it -and it being made of their usual (Motrax....their expensive stuff!) high grade materials...

sjr999r
03-01-2006, 06:22 PM
what rectangular ones that sit above ones hands? I managed to destroy my bar end one on account of being a bit rough with it -and it being made of their usual (Motrax....their expensive stuff!) high grade materials...

Monsters,look really cool with out them........just have to keep your wits about u.......thats all

A Yerbury
03-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Monsters,look really cool with out them........just have to keep your wits about u.......thats all

you are speaking to your grandmother who wrote the book on egg sucking and the lack of mirrors....I nowadays prefer one small mirror for the purposes of knowing where the lovely policeman is.

Mand
03-01-2006, 06:59 PM

They are quite handy when you use the Monnie for commuting too.

Sorry to be boring......

Paranoid Dave
03-01-2006, 06:59 PM
i too went without for a year (mirrors too) and now just have the one, it goes with kylies eveil eyebrow one sided look :D

A Yerbury
03-01-2006, 07:04 PM
besides, one small mirror mounted on the bar looks tres chic (I know about this stuff and I have the certificates to back me up)

JMo
03-01-2006, 07:34 PM
what rectangular ones that sit above ones hands?

Road Racing do two styles, one with the arm at the usual sort of angle and one with it lower, that is almost horizontal above your hand... they use the standard mirror posts or bolt through the brake pivot depending on preference...

Spareshack etc etc.

xxx

MrsJel
03-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Sorry to hijack - but yesterday my friend was riding her S4 on the A50 back home when the glass on one of her mickey mouse mirrors started to wobble, then it flew out. Cleverly she caught it, stuck it between her leg and the tank so she could stop. She managed to get home with glass intact - is this a first ?

A Yerbury
03-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Road Racing do two styles, one with the arm at the usual sort of angle and one with it lower, that is almost horizontal above your hand... they use the standard mirror posts or bolt through the brake pivot depending on preference...

Spareshack etc etc.

xxx

the thought of trawling through stuarts site for a picture filled me with...dread and stuff. Thankfully RR.It have a picture, they are nice although I am still unconvinced as regards square things on monsters. I take it that information regarding your haute couture jobs will be taken to the grave? (I only want one for heavens sake? the chrome on my compact heath robinson gave up the ghost) and the motrax bar end went the way of all flesh..

DesmoDog
03-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Sorry to hijack - but yesterday my friend was riding her S4 on the A50 back home when the glass on one of her mickey mouse mirrors started to wobble, then it flew out. Cleverly she caught it, stuck it between her leg and the tank so she could stop. She managed to get home with glass intact - is this a first ?

No, but she sounds tres cool. Does she look like trinity offa Matrix, she can slow down time so I'm led to believe.

On the mirro front, I have a pair of teardrops that I expect are suited to the S4 (on account of their having a more manly thread than my slender tears). Brand spanking new with a bit of a rubbery matt black look to them. I never bothered myself to get the adapters I need so I might be tempted to part with them. I'll post up manyana banana, if I can remember. Otherwise drop me a pm and remind me.