PDA

View Full Version : Nobody here but us chickens

Nonnie
24-12-2005, 12:14 PM
I am the only member in the village. There are 6 guests lurking and I guess the rest of you are probably out buying last minute presents, food and drink. Maybe some of you are even out on your bikes as it is such a glorious day. Tuesday, however, I expect to be snowed in as it's forecast.

It's been a funny old year. Some great bits, some not so great. Some of you have even gone through the bad bits with me *thinking pain and helicopters in no particular order) and some of you were even there for the highlights *thinking Heacham Park and the bar at the Weekender plus a few more unsavoury moments).

It's safe to say, it's been a good year. I've had fun, hell I even got some court costs!!!

I shall be spending the seasonal period with family and friends *the most notable being those gorgeous Pinot and Grigio brothers and their close female associate Chardonnay) so as I sit here thinking I must get a bit more sorted with the wrapping thing, I wish you all a safe, happy, problem free Christmas and all my very very best wishes for 2006. Let's get out, get pissed and get home in one piece every time. Let's try roller skating for the infirm, perhaps some equally bizarre yet captivating activities but most of all, let's keep meeting up, having fun and getting sidetracked.

1 sleep til Santa
1 sleep til he's here
1 sleep til Santa
Til he comes down your chimney, gives you presents and drinks your beer
1 sleep til Santa!

Nonnie
xx

A Yerbury
24-12-2005, 02:41 PM
at 1300 hours 13 I was standing outside in blue overalls removing a front wheel whilst avoiding small talk with dog walking outdoors types "bollocks, I've turned into my bloody father..but with tattoos" I believe those were my exact thoughts.

A.x

CK & AK
24-12-2005, 02:48 PM
at 13 hundred hours, I was just heading home from a very enjoyable 2 hours ride on my own :cool:

Mostly dry roads (bit dampish under trees in places) wasnt cold, nice blue skies - and the sun was out the whole time :cool:

Called in at Box Hill just before midday - less than a dozen bikes there. Roads away from the 30's & 40's were flowing really well :D

slob
24-12-2005, 02:57 PM
We're only here for the Krax(tm).
Ho, Ho, Ho(which sound like an order for several ladies of negotiable affection round here)
around 1300hrs Thuli and I were the only punters in a bar(ge), looking straight down the runway @London City Airport, drinking Pimm's and Guinness(fortunately not in the same glass)
I'm off now, to bake a loaf of bread, drink red wine and listen to Funkadelic!

Paranoid Dave
24-12-2005, 06:26 PM
I cant remember what i was doing at 1300hrs.

Yorkie
24-12-2005, 06:43 PM
@ 1300hrs i was just finishing off the 900ss engine for fitting to my Monster, what a good day!

Still got to remove my 600 and fit the bugger yet, i hope i find a sober moment in the next couple of days!!

Merry Xmas everyone! Have a drink on me!

Yorkie.

gary tompkins
24-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Just got in from lunch at a Harvester & present delivery duties. Now relaxing with a large rum on the rocks before vegging out with a few DVD's.

Great weather again (for December) that got me hankering for a trip on the bike like CK's, but then did get a 2 hour ride on Friday afternoon so can't grumble.

Have a great Christmas :D

Pugi
25-12-2005, 12:00 AM
At 13.00 Hrs (your time - 14.00 CET) yesterday, I was in the woods with my dad and sisters cutting ourselves a christmas tree. That brought some magical childhood memories back. :bunny:

Jim66a
25-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Merry Christmas

bod
25-12-2005, 09:47 AM
'theres nobody here but us chickens'....but what was the program, the catch phraze was used on???

I know but do you :)

benson
25-12-2005, 10:03 AM
At 13 hundred hours (never could do the 24 clock - think it's lunchtime) I was playing with my new computer and connceting to the internet and hoping I hadn't lost all my old e mail contact and favourite websites!

Suffice it to say I found this site again and lots of e mail addresses and have no idea how or why but who cares?

Nonnie your reminiscence is indeed accurate - what a great year - on the whole anyway and from what I can remember it was a good un.

Next year I shall be mostly eating.....

My credit card bills if this new computer has anything to do with it.

Rachel
xxxxx

A Yerbury
25-12-2005, 11:06 AM
'theres nobody here but us chickens'....but what was the program, the catch phraze was used on???

I know but do you :)

does anyone care???

slob
25-12-2005, 11:46 AM
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%27there%27s+nobody+here+but+us+chickens%27&spell=1

bod
25-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Must be only me that remembers 'Nightingales'
You recall Robert Lindsey,security gaurds,on about 11.00 etc........Yep just me then.
Classic comedy if you ever missed it!

bod
25-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Summary

Carter (Robert Lindsay), Bell (David Threlfall) and Sarge (James Ellis) are night watchmen, whiling away the night hours with fantasies and practical jokes.

A fourth night watchman, Mr Smith, has been dead for three years, but the others have kept quiet about his death so that they can share his wages.

One of the strangest sitcoms to appear on British television, Nightingales was notable for its surreal storylines - a visit from a friendly werewolf; Mary arriving on Christmas Eve to give birth to a goldfish; the Pope and Harold Pinter sharing a tandem; Carter needing psychiatric help after raping a horse, etc.

Hmm wierd hummour I must share with the writer