PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

The Dude
22-12-2005, 12:45 AM
Hi everyone. My name is Craig. I just passed my test last thursday and am waiting to pick my new Monster 620ie up any day now. Just waiting for it to be restricted. I'm having a little trouble navigatiing my way around these forums so forgive me if this is in the wrong section. I'd like to ask you guys where is the best place or site to order aftermarket parts for the Monster? Things like Termignoni high level carbon exhaust systems and carbon racing belly pans and such? Thanks in advance. I live in Belfast by the way. :)

manwithredbike
22-12-2005, 12:53 AM
u could start off in spareshack.com
ps belfast!! we all have our problems, i'm in derry!

slob
22-12-2005, 06:01 AM
wotcha
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=15384

Mand
22-12-2005, 06:03 AM
Hello! Aftermarkets parts? Prepared to give your credit card a battering! :D

paul620sie
22-12-2005, 07:06 AM
You just bought an excellent bike, my first was a restricted 620ie, and joined a great club. Welcome.

w108rna
22-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Welcome to Ducati Monster ownership. As mentioned above, always sit down when ordering Ducati Performance parts, they can cost a bit!
On the good side, lots of people sell things on here and you can get a cracking bargain if your luck is in.

Have fun.

mark cross
22-12-2005, 08:38 AM
Hi everyone. My name is Craig. I just passed my test last thursday and am waiting to pick my new Monster 620ie up any day now. Just waiting for it to be restricted. I'm having a little trouble navigatiing my way around these forums so forgive me if this is in the wrong section. I'd like to ask you guys where is the best place or site to order aftermarket parts for the Monster? Things like Termignoni high level carbon exhaust systems and carbon racing belly pans and such? Thanks in advance. I live in Belfast by the way. :)
good to see another monster owner in N.I, welcome from fermanagh

The Dude
22-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks a lot fellas. It's 9:50 on thursday morning and i just got a call from Charles Hursts telling me my bike is ready to pick up. Just having some breakfast and then i'm off to pick up the Duc :)

Mand
22-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Thanks a lot fellas. It's 9:50 on thursday morning and i just got a call from Charles Hursts telling me my bike is ready to pick up. Just having some breakfast and then i'm off to pick up the Duc :)

I'm not a fella - I'm a laydee!

Enjoy your bike.

Julie
22-12-2005, 09:22 AM

Yes There are alot of lady people on here Dude - Remember you have bought a 'girls' bike x

A Yerbury
22-12-2005, 09:44 AM
I am also a dude, sadly not a lady. Are you the dude or just dude? I will try but I can't guarantee straight face whilst addressing someone as "dude".....I'm sorry. As Julie stated there are quite a lot of ladies on here, alas they are mostly ********, ******* ** *** ***** ********** *********. Hey, you may have picked up the bike by now! well done, just watch the roads, a bit slippy at the moment.

congrats.
Alex.

ps.edited to lessen the predictable sound of handbags at dawn...

Drucilla
22-12-2005, 10:23 AM
As Julie stated there are quite a lot of ladies on here, alas they are mostly attached, lesbian or not quite stunningly beautiful.

hmmm....... some of us fall into several of those categories

manwithredbike
22-12-2005, 12:14 PM

dude looks like a laydee? ... aerosmith ...oops wrong thread

Fosse Foxfight
22-12-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm not a fella - I'm a laydee!

Enjoy your bike.
They say you have lots of balls Mand :confused:

Fosse Foxfight
22-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Craig. I just passed my test last thursday and am waiting to pick my new Monster 620ie up any day now. :)
You have a ladies bike and hence shall be known as a "dudette".

ta ra

CraigMac
22-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Hey Dude,

Thats a cool cats name you got there.....Craig.....same as me!!
There are a lot of cool dudes on here, some of these crazy cats are also called Craig, which is a bit odd....Is Craig the most common name on here???

Keep it real Dude and hang ten...big hi five!!!

Regards

stuartg
22-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Yo Dude
Thats so radical, bodacious even. You play air guitar bro, excellent.

Big welcome dude.........totally

Chappers
23-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Welcome - they're all nutters on it :twisted:

Melnie Mouse
23-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Welcome aboard to the mad forum, if you like fun and a few laughs you'll fit in, and of course if you love the monster, that's most important!

enjoy :)

The Dude
24-12-2005, 12:38 AM
Dude or The Dude is perfectly fine. Depends on the context i suppose :burnout:

Question for ManWithRedBike. The belly pan on the bike in your avatar. Whats it called? Where did ya get it? Would it fit a standard 620? Oh, thats 3 questions :lol:

Well i've had the Monster 2 days now. What can i say. Fantastic. I felt at home on it right away. Only really used it to get to work and back so far but i'm planning a trip to Newcastle or Warrenpoint on friday morning. As far as it being a girls bike, i could care less.lol. I like it. And i actually don't know anyone with a Ducati. I like being a little different.

Do any of you guys who live in Northern Ireland ever get together for ride outs or meets? If so, i'd like to tag along sometime if you wouldn't mind. No one in my immediate circle of friends owns or is remotely interested in motorbikes, so any bike i've owned has ended up either getting me to work and back or sitting at the front door. I would appreciate getting out and about with like minded folks.

Thanks for all the welcomes

The Dude
24-12-2005, 02:01 AM
Ok. i've found the Imola bellypan (i believe it's called) on Spareshack. Only problem is, how do i know it will fit my 620? I'll post a link and someone can let me know

http://www.spareshack.com/cgi-bin/browse-no-frames.cgi?session=25417379&view=item&item=bw0008senpaint

Oh. Is a bellypan hard to fit? Does it just screw into existing fittings on the bike? Cheers

manwithredbike
24-12-2005, 11:20 AM
sorry dude. the bellypan was on the bike when i bought it. it's fitted using 4 small brackets. not sure about fitting to the 620. i'm sure there's a bracket setup to suit.

Albie
24-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Yes There are alot of lady people on here Dude - Remember you have bought a 'girls' bike x
No Jules that is a Honda Hornet :D :D :D

Gilps
24-12-2005, 01:20 PM
:lol: No Jules that is a Honda Hornet :D :D :D

My wife's got a Hornet. It's pearl white. She's going to have a big pink lipstick kiss painted on the tank. She's ridden my Monster but reckons it's too slow and is for tarts. Each to their own I guess.

Fosse Foxfight
24-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Oh. Is a bellypan hard to fit? Does it just screw into existing fittings on the bike? Cheers
Nah you just leave it next to the bike and let the Chav spririts come along in the night and fit it :cool: Little check covered gits with chains n stuff they are so people reckon

ta ra

Little Monster
30-12-2005, 11:50 PM

I didn't know your fella was a lesbian?!?!?! I will NOT have lovely women making inappropriate confessions to not being quite stunningly beautiful ! Pack it in.

I am a supermodel and not attached and not a lesbian so Alex has only saved himself with the 'most' caveat the sneeky little minx. Nothing like a jibe with a get out. Having said all that, I seem to have acquired a female admirer who apparently finds me 'very sexually attractive' so I am considering switching teams. If anyone can point out the pros and cons that would be good.

Doo doo, dogs doody, sorry, Dude, that's it - welcome welcome. Get to the track day or weekender if you wanna see 100 monsters in one place. ta ra.