20-12-2005, 12:57 PM
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98839&page=2

sjr999r
20-12-2005, 01:00 PM
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98839&page=2
AWESOME.................... :D

crust
20-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Looks a lot like the 'road' used on the Stella Alpina rally.

BMWs, especially the older GS's are quite good offroad as they're very well balanced.

wanders off muttering, where's my fotos of my GS in the alps

:) Crust

Will
20-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Looks a lot like the 'road' used on the Stella Alpina rally.

BMWs, especially the older GS's are quite good offroad as they're very well balanced.

wanders off muttering, where's my fotos of my GS in the alps

They really are great pictures - I'm off to the Alps next Summer on the GS with a couple of friends - hope to do Germany, Austria, Northern Italy and back through France - must get a new camera before the trip.

The 1150 Adventure and the 1200GS are probably a bit too heavy for the real rough stuff but will be OK for the slightly less challenging slopes.

GULLY
20-12-2005, 08:12 PM
That looks like a lot fun :D
I would give that a go if i had the cash :mad:

Gully :twisted:

Will
20-12-2005, 08:23 PM
That looks like a lot fun :D
I would give that a go if i had the cash :mad:

Tis a tad expensive but If I don't take this opportunity now then I won't get another for a while - I've told the kids that Christmas is cancelled this year :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

GULLY
20-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Tis a tad expensive but If I don't take this opportunity now then I won't get another for a while - I've told the kids that Christmas is cancelled this year :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Christmas is cancelled :eek:
I mist that e-mall dam i have spent fortune.

Have a good one.

crust
20-12-2005, 10:59 PM
They really are great pictures - I'm off to the Alps next Summer on the GS with a couple of friends - hope to do Germany, Austria, Northern Italy and back through France - must get a new camera before the trip.

The 1150 Adventure and the 1200GS are probably a bit too heavy for the real rough stuff but will be OK for the slightly less challenging slopes.

If you're near Bardonecchia around the first weekend in July then the Stella Alpina rally is definitely worth checking out.

You'd have to confirm the date.

Its organised by an Italian BMW club and takes over the whole town. Loads of bikes, all types.

On the Sunday they drive a 4x4 up a track. You ride up the track and buy a Tee shirt and badge from them.

My mates got a R80RT, a VFR1000 and a GS1000 up to the top, so its not too mental-ish.

Tis a good laugh in the town.

While your there check out the Col Du Petit St Bernard. And the Col du Grand St Bernard as well.

Austria - got to do - Gross Glockner
Italy - got to do - Stelvio

Melnie Mouse
21-12-2005, 07:56 AM
Oh Bum, reading your thread, I thought oh good somebody agrees with me, that you have a GS aswell, especially good in the winter...

but er... it's not that GS, I got it wrong :( JMO... where are you??? show em........

Fosse Foxfight
21-12-2005, 08:47 AM

Will.....this bit of advice could save you a lot of money and heartache...and possibly aches around the rest of your body. Get yourself down to Wales where there is a dedicated off road place that will train you on a GS to ride off road.....even if you've done a bit of green laning on a trail bike nothing can prepare you for the change in behaviour of your GS when you hit loose shales n stones, muds n grass.

ta ra

here it is:

http://worldofbmw.com/content/offRoadSkills.asp?article=252

they also do a ladies day ( I dont know why I said that Yerbs :rolleyes: )

JMo
21-12-2005, 10:50 AM
but er... it's not that GS, I got it wrong :( JMO... where are you??? show em........

ahem.

xxx

Melnie Mouse
21-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Ha ha yeah really good JMO, like the caption.... I laughed out loud and the customers wondered what I'm laughing at....

well. as you all can see, my 'other' bike is GS too! ha ha :D :D :D

psychlist
21-12-2005, 03:40 PM
well. as you all can see, my 'other' bike is GS too! ha ha :D :D :D

:D :D
Can't wait to see those piccies of you on the GS in those "Alpine" passes on the way back through Storrington :eek: ;) :D

Melnie Mouse
21-12-2005, 04:22 PM
:D :D
Can't wait to see those piccies of you on the GS in those "Alpine" passes on the way back through Storrington :eek: ;) :D

HUH????

and hey, picking up little silver Elpah tonight... yeahh back on V twin how lovely he will be.... Thank you for his name it's perfect :) :D

Runningman
21-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Anyone whose interested, I'm currently commuting on a GS1200 from Herts to London Bridge...Ok so its not London to New York via Kazakhstan, but boy those heated grips and big screen still feel nice after 3 years on the Monster, which before anyone asks, is tucked away for a few weeks over Christmas.

Highly recommended!

Runningman

Will
21-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Will.....this bit of advice could save you a lot of money and heartache...and possibly aches around the rest of your body. Get yourself down to Wales where there is a dedicated off road place that will train you on a GS to ride off road.....even if you've done a bit of green laning on a trail bike nothing can prepare you for the change in behaviour of your GS when you hit loose shales n stones, muds n grass.

ta ra

here it is:

http://worldofbmw.com/content/offRoadSkills.asp?article=252

they also do a ladies day ( I dont know why I said that Yerbs :rolleyes: )

Yeah I know - thanks :)

Will
21-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Anyone whose interested, I'm currently commuting on a GS1200 from Herts to London Bridge...Ok so its not London to New York via Kazakhstan, but boy those heated grips and big screen still feel nice after 3 years on the Monster, which before anyone asks, is tucked away for a few weeks over Christmas.

Highly recommended!

Runningman

The 1200 GS is sooooooo nice to ride in all weathers, got plenty of grunt and goes around corners amazingly well. Agree about the heated grips - best invention ever.