PDA

View Full Version : Tail tidy! Redbeeproducts ?

Yorkie
17-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Hi all! Has anyone bought one of the tail tidys from redbeeproducts on e-bay?
If so how was the product and delivery?

Cheers!

Yorkie.

P.S. Apart from hacking F**k out of the rear of my bike are there any other Monster tail tidy options out there.

Yorkie
21-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Well i have just ordered the tail tidy. Someone on the DSC site had ordered from them, and had nothing but good things to say about the company.

So ill see what its like when it gets here!!!

Yorkie.

Yorkie
23-12-2005, 12:39 PM
It got here today! Out to the garage to fit it!!!!

Yorkie.

bigredduke
23-12-2005, 12:52 PM
can we have pictures please?

Yorkie
23-12-2005, 01:53 PM
When i get the camera out yes! All i need now are mini indicators!!

Yorkie.

maddness100
03-02-2006, 03:18 PM
OH COME ON, DUDE!!!

let's see the pics!

some chick backed into me and crushed my teat ray today, so i am looking into options for repair. my mechanic just wants to cut it straight off but i was hoping for something carbon and tidier. any ideas??

Yorkie
03-02-2006, 03:29 PM
PM me your epmail address and i will send you a picture! Im an IT biff and cannot post pictures!!

Yorkie

Yorkie
03-02-2006, 03:29 PM
It does look good with the new indicators!

Yorkie

sjr999r
03-02-2006, 05:11 PM
PM me your epmail address and i will send you a picture! Im an IT biff and cannot post pictures!!

Yorkie

piccys..........plzs email zausinthehouse@aol.com

ty Simon :drunk:

Mr C
03-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Dont waste your money on tail tidys. Just get ur self one of these..

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/iwow/CES_Log/Photo_Log/CES_Log01/Long_Hacksaw.jpg

Yorkie
03-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Simon,

Just sent the picture.

Yorkie.

Yorkie
03-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Mr C,

Where The F*** do you put the number plate???

Yorkie.

Mr C
03-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Mr C,

Where The F*** do you put the number plate???

Yorkie.

I just made a little bracket did the same for the indicators. Cost circa £2 from B&Q

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/pclensey/DSC08865.jpg

Yorkie
03-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Dont waste your money on tail tidys. Just get ur self one of these..

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/iwow/CES_Log/Photo_Log/CES_Log01/Long_Hacksaw.jpg

No where do you put the plate on this??

Yorkie.

Shandy
21-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Mine just turned up today good delivery, i was a bit suprised with the pack of sweets though,

It does look good with the new indicators!

Yorkie

Which indicators did you go for in the end Yorkie? im thinking i might need some as it will look a bit daft with the standard ones still on.

Cheers,

Shandy

Yorkie
21-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Shandy,

Good bits of kit mate, i ate the sweets first! They are in the advert!

These are the indicators that i got, very good value, and great service:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SET-OF-4-BLACK-ARROW-MINI-INDICATORS-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ8048947058QQcategoryZ25628QQtcZphotoQ QcmdZViewItem

Have a look at his site:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MELDRUM-MOTORCYCLES-MODELS-AND-MORE

A lot cheaper than Motrax etc!! I hope this helps!

Yorkie

bad-yeti
23-03-2006, 06:36 PM
You got free sweets?????

Oh Sparesshack are soooooo going to get it!!!!

Shandy
08-04-2006, 02:07 PM
A lot cheaper than Motrax etc!! I hope this helps!

Yorkie

Cheers Yorkie very helpfull, just ordered some from them :thumbsup: not the arrow type though, i went for the rectangular type.

There going to get added to the ever mounting pile of stuff waiting to be fitted to the bike, saving it all up for a long wet weekend.

Shandy

Yorkie
08-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Just pick one mate they all seem to be wet at the moment!!

Glad you got sorted.

Its just been hailing here!

Yorkie

Shandy
08-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Its just been hailing here!

Yorkie

Just to annoy you a bit, its clear blue sky here with a few wispy clouds, had a good run round the town earlier today :D

Ill stick some before and after pics up of the bike when i do get to fitting all the bits,

Cheers,

Shandy

Starhawk
19-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Any chance you could send me the pics as well please.

I've been eyeing this tail tidy up but would like a peek before buying.

Ta

Star

Starhawk
19-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Oooops

E-mail is star_hawk@lineone.net

Ta

Star:fou:

Andy Brown
19-04-2006, 09:32 PM
I got a tail tidy from redbee delivery was 3 days it fits like a glove and you get a little bag of german sweets it also looks the badgers nadgers with mini indicators

JMo
20-04-2006, 01:28 AM
Apart from hacking F**k out of the rear of my bike are there any other Monster tail tidy options out there.

Don't be afraid... two little precision cuts are all you need...

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=160200

xxx

ps. this is specifically for the later curved tea-tray bikes of course...

jill
17-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Hi

My boyfriend - unbeknownst to me - bought me a tail tidy from Redbee (via fleabay). Turned up very quickly, with the sweets, but no instructions.

I'm sure he can work it out, ie, he's a man, he doesn't ever RTFM. But did anyone else have instructions with it?

(I would have bought JMo's but it was out of my hands.)

Cheers
jill

JMo
17-05-2006, 09:58 AM
I always thought those kits were for the earlier bikes - to replace the huge square plastic numberplate and indicator holder that hangs down from bikes with the square tea-tray? It doesn't actually chop the bike, just fits to the frame under where the tea-tray bolts (four bolts)...

While it might well pysically fit onto your bike, I'm not sure it does what you are expecting? - especially as the later curved tea-tray has the indicator mounts built in...

Far be it for me to suggest you slap the fella about the head (bless his thoughtfulness though x) and put it back on E-bay x

xxx

jill
17-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi JMo

No, it says it's for a 2000-2006 Monster and mines a 2003.

I wasn't expecting anything as I wasn't all that bovvered myself! I was going to wait until the track day and see what others had done and picked the arse I liked best.

Seeing as he's bought me an exhaust system where the plastic stuff gets in the way, this is why he got it. He's also ordered me some rearsets (or whatever, the shiny bits that your feet rest on) because of the hi-level exhaust.

I wonder if he thinks my bike's a Meccano set?!

Jill

JMo
17-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Hi Jill - if the kit is the same as ther one in the picture a few posts above, then yes, it will fit all bikes with a four bolt tea-tray mount... it's just it isn't a chop kit as such, and more to the point, if you remove original plastic teatray (and indicators) you'll still see the bare frame this new bracket bolts to... could look ok in an industrial minimist sort of a way I guess...

xxx

jill
18-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Hi JMo

Thanks. I'll wait and see what it looks like when he's finished. That is, finished playing The Godfather on the Playstation and gets in the garage and does it!

Cheers
Jill

Shandy
03-06-2006, 04:58 PM
.......at last. I finally got round to doing it this afternoon looks very tidy.

Pics of before and after,

Cheers,

Shandy