PDA

View Full Version : Coldplay at earls court

Albie
12-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Ive got 2 tickets to see coldplay on wed nite at earls court :D . Bad news isthey are near front left I believe and say very restricted view. I wonder how bad. :eek: Not that we really mind as were going there to see and hear great live music. Does any know what the worst thing could be for viewing :confused:

Fodder
12-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Earls court is a ****e venue for anything other then the boat show :rolleyes:
Still they are a good live act so it should compensate for the venue.
I saw them about 6 yrs ago in the Universtity of London bar, literally just sitting around drinking pints and they were playing on the small stage in the corner, then Yellow hit the charts and the rest is history.
They are playing over here in Feb so i'm debating on whether to get tickets or not as the MGM arena is also a ****e venue.

They are a little dull but I quite like some of their stuff.

Not a huge fan of Oasis but they played the House of Blues over here in September, now that is a great venue, holds about 1000 people and is similar to the Astoria in London, was good to see them on a small stage as well as the superb Kasabian who were the support.

Fods (not a great fan of huge venues) :lol:

madhatter
12-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Ive got 2 tickets to see coldplay on wed nite at earls court :D . Bad news isthey are near front left I believe and say very restricted view. I wonder how bad. :eek: Not that we really mind as were going there to see and hear great live music. Does any know what the worst thing could be for viewing :confused:

It going to be absolutely sh!te from there Albie!! Your better half will probably leave you, get the house and the Monster all because the tickets are near front left! you will grow to hate cold play with venom!!

p.s. I have PM'd you my address, post them to me tonight and I will see to it that they are destroyed for you, then "I will try to fix you" ;) :D

stuartg
12-12-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm also off to see Coldplay on Wednesday in the standing area so should be ok. But should I decide not to go I will of course send my tickets to MH for safe disposal.................NOT.

nik_the_brief
12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Earls Court - it's like a feckin aircraft hangar, horrible for gigs.

I saw Morrissey there last year, bleeding dreadful venue. Grea gig though despite that!

Coldplay leave me, well... cold, but each to their own. Have a good time anyway Albie.

No gigs planned for me (unless owt catches my eye) until June 2006 - a looong way away - worth the wait though - George Thorogood and the Destroyers at Shepherds Bush Empire. B-b-b-b-b-bad to the bone!

Albie
12-12-2005, 09:36 PM
It going to be absolutely sh!te from there Albie!! Your better half will probably leave you, get the house and the Monster all because the tickets are near front left! you will grow to hate cold play with venom!!

p.s. I have PM'd you my address, post them to me tonight and I will see to it that they are destroyed for you, then "I will try to fix you" ;) :D
I do fear it was her who told me about the tickets and can we go for her birthday. :D Ive been to some good venues like brixton and wembley stad and even shephards bush empire to see roger taylor. As you say its prob crap venue. I think pink floyd played there.

madhatter
13-12-2005, 11:48 AM
I do fear it was her who told me about the tickets and can we go for her birthday. :D Ive been to some good venues like brixton and wembley stad and even shephards bush empire to see roger taylor. As you say its prob crap venue. I think pink floyd played there.

Don't sweat it Albie, just enjoy the atmosphere and the music, I've never been to a really bad live gig and I'm sure both you and she will still enjoy it regardless of the viewing position.. ;)

SAMMYE
13-12-2005, 01:21 PM
do you get tears in your eyes when you listen to Coldplay Albs?

Albie
14-12-2005, 02:35 PM
yes mate. That bloke chris martin writes my life like bono does too. :D

nik_the_brief
14-12-2005, 02:44 PM
... my life seems to be written by the Ramones.

I wanna be sedated. :twisted: :D

claicerrig
14-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Only 6 mths till bonjovi in DUBLIN :D :D :D :D :D

Albie
14-12-2005, 11:16 PM
well we just got back and it was great. The view was fantastic and no restrictive view at all. both enjoyed it. :D

SAMMYE
15-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Sex Pistols and the Prodigy seem to write my life!

Glad you had a good time mate

stuartg
15-12-2005, 04:28 PM
It was good but was a bit disappointed with Richard Ashcrofts Bitter Sweet Symphony. Its become a classic and everyone was waiting for that 1 song. He did it at the end of a 45 minute set and made a dogs dinner of it. Apart from that Colplay were ok, Chris Martin struggled with a couple of numbers and worst of all didnt do Warning Sign. Didnt really think he would but Warning Signs my favourite, so I'll forgive him.

Albie
15-12-2005, 05:54 PM
It was good but was a bit disappointed with Richard Ashcrofts Bitter Sweet Symphony. Its become a classic and everyone was waiting for that 1 song. He did it at the end of a 45 minute set and made a dogs dinner of it. Apart from that Colplay were ok, Chris Martin struggled with a couple of numbers and worst of all didnt do Warning Sign. Didnt really think he would but Warning Signs my favourite, so I'll forgive him.
Yeah as much as bitter sweet symph was turned into a rock version and well performed it did lack the strings which could have been sampled.

I was dissappointed with the set of yellow thinking it would have been done under YELLOW lighting. Would have made it much better. Great musicians though and all live acts struggle. From madonna ,u2 and queen. Shows their human and not tapes :D

Drucilla
15-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, I was at Rock City lat night watching Spear of Destiny followed by New Model Army, knackered today, oh to be young again.......