PDA

View Full Version : Guess Who Is Sick Again!

scrumpster
11-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Yes the wheels are going no where. Too much fuel getting through apparently. Surprised the police haven't been around here looking for a gunman, backfires like a 'good un' :o It started fine yesterday and then just died and that is basically it, hopefully getting it sorted soon! She has two new tyres and a new chain and sprockets coming soon.........oh well :confused: Just weird as she has been doing nothing for a week in the garage!

Paranoid Dave
11-12-2005, 06:31 PM
oh noo... mind you i tried to start kylie and all she do was backfire, wouldn't start so i just tucked her in for winter. Night night kylie.

djkus
12-12-2005, 06:17 AM
mine has been doing this a few times the last month, usually just after starting the engine. i need to sit and slowly warm engine up before going anywhere.
once im out its fine.
i blame the cold weather..

Albie
12-12-2005, 07:00 PM
You shoulda bought my 900. Really you should. :D :( Seems like you have no luck with the engine.

scrumpster
13-12-2005, 10:19 AM
No, cos when she goes she goes like a dream, plus my mate NB's is on the case, bless him :D Munch will hopefully be on the road again soon!! With new gold chain and sprockets and plugs which all arrived today!

A Yerbury
13-12-2005, 10:29 AM
assuming you are doing the pro fst thing if the garage gets cold get a bike cover, a cold week of doing nothing will kill a battery charge in this weather, if the bike is running rich take it along to a dyno centre to get the fuelling spot on. money well spent.

scrumpster
13-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Got a cover, optimiser is on, doing pro fst and it's going to get sorted as to the mixture, hopefully. I should have started her up while she was up on blocks in the garage!! Still annoying though! We will get there though :)

Albie
14-12-2005, 02:33 PM
I know you will get it sorted. It prob just seems a pain in the arse locating the real problem. Much like a lot of bike/ faults. Im thinking about buying an Alfa Romeo 156 but people tell you this and that go wrong.See quite a sew on the road still and secondhand are very reasonable. :confused: :rolleyes:

scrumpster
16-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Put new plugs in last night and she started first time :eek: so it's my first trip to my new place of work on her this morning, hoping it will cut half an hour a day off my journey!!