PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Mirrors

Orfink69
04-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Hello to one and all. I'm looking for some input from all of you with regards to mirrors. That time of year has come again when the bike is off the road :mad: which means it gets bits done that I wouldn't do in the summer :) .
The S4R is already booked in with Tony at Ducati Wolves for a serious change in exhaust tone :lol: over Christmas and with the exception of adding bits of carbon :cool: and a life saver.... sorry steering damper :eek: I want to change the mirrors. Anyway I digress...... I'm looking for some ideas or recommendations from those that have or do preferably billet...I think...... :confused:

Scotty
05-12-2005, 02:31 PM
to look 'cool' or to see behind you with ? , or god forbid both ~:?

NattyBoy
05-12-2005, 04:49 PM
The normal dp 'teardrop' ones are hard to beat for style IMO...give stu at spareshack a call hes got shed loads !!

Nat

BTW - Hope your having the cat taken off if your expecting loadsa noise or you might be disappointed !!

Paranoid Dave
05-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Nooooooo, not the cliche teardrop. Ugly blobs more like, save yourself a few bob and hold a flame under your mickey mouse ones and they'll soon take on a similar shape.

Orfink69
05-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Ooops I knew there would be something I'd forget. I would prefer looks over functionality. Got used to seeing elbows riding sports bikes :rolleyes: and to be honest the vibes through the monster make the mirrors just about useless anyway..So I'd rather have COOL :cool:
Natty I'm not sure whether I like the DP teardrops to be frank.... prefer some nice machined ally... I think :confused: Oh and I'm not brave enough to have the cat removed at the moment. I heard Boon's at Ducati Wolves earlier this year.... made my mates 748 sound like a pussycat and that thing runs a full race system.

Scotty
05-12-2005, 08:08 PM
well its all about personal preference realy

the billet dp ones look ok but are **** poor to see anything in

best ever is no mirrors, proper racey look.

Pugi
05-12-2005, 09:08 PM
best ever is no mirrors, proper racey look.

Best to ask...what does the law in this country say about no mirros? :confused:

Paranoid Dave
05-12-2005, 09:17 PM
dunno but i went without them for most of a year and even now just have the one, been like that for a couple of years.